Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:10:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2019-05-25] Discussion On Ethereum’s Next Hard Fork Begins  (Read 150 times)
CryptoBry (OP)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 04:44:18 AM

More than two dozen ethereum improvement proposals (EIPs) have been submitted for review and inclusion in ethereum’s next system-wide upgrade or hard fork, dubbed Istanbul.

The list – with 28 official EIPs and at least one other set to be added – include changes to the $27 billion network that impact its mining algorithm, code execution and pricing, data storage, and much more.

About a dozen of these proposals were discussed at length by ethereum core developers during a bi-weekly call on Friday. However, the majority ended up being tabled for further debate, with only one EIP receiving a tentative approval.

Further Read: https://www.coindesk.com/the-real-discussion-about-ethereums-next-hard-fork-is-about-to-begin

The buzz is soon starting for Ethereum's next hard fork and I am hoping this can be a big factor for its continuing rise in its price. Though the leadership of Ethereum has been always challenged, many are still strong believe on its full potential and with good people manning its development team the future is looking good for this cryptocurrency. Are you solid loyal to Eth?
lyks15

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 11:52:36 AM

No I can't say that I am solid loyat at etherium because I have also an bitcoin investment. But I am really glad that there is some innovation that will do for the next hard fork. I hope that there will be an additional security features included .When the time that it will be launch I think more investors will invest in etherium and more people will still to hold until the price will rise that I think that happen in short period of time.

▼                          NΛTURΛL8       MAKING POKER FUN AGAIN                        ▼
►          $500k Rush & Cash Monthly   |   200% First Deposit   |   $150k Short Deck Hold'em          ◄
▲          [   ● FACEBOOK   ]     Download The App Here     [     ● TWITTER     ]          ▲
MIner1448

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 12:04:59 PM

I firmly hold 70% of my investment in ETH, recently Ethereum team is actively working and looking for new ideas, improvements or other for a stable and fast network operation. I am confident in ETH, and today's course is not the limit.
jjjfff
Copper Member

Activity: 182
Merit: 18

Crypto.BI

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 12:27:52 PM

What I think is going to happen:

A dissident group will remain in old Ethereum and will call it Ethereum Vitalik Vision EVV.

Holders of ETH will instantly own EVV with the fork.

The EVV developers will pump it using the media and soon it'll join the top 20 coins with a market cap of a few hundred million.

Boom, millions of U$ invented out of ether (pun intended).

lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 02:03:53 PM

I think it would be wise if they could prioritize the most important EIP's first or better yet, if they have ample time, - could prioritize to include all these proposals on the next hard fork as deemed necessary but I am afraid these updates could have some side effects less otherwise it has already been tested on a testnet before it will be implemented?
profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 02:47:24 PM

This is one of the reasons why I am a firm believer of the Ethereum project and laugh at people trying to compare Tron and Ethereum. For a project like ethereum firmly rooted in development and research, it can only be second best to bitcoin.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
H1N1

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 03:25:42 PM

Is this gonna be a real fork of Ethereum coin ? Because in the previous fork, the Constantinople fork was not really a fork i guess.
There was no new coin created by the fork. What kind of factors that makes Ethereum have next hard fork ?
I guess i will hold my Ethereum until there are some news about it.

Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2019, 04:28:29 PM

There will be a hard fork for Ethereum? I didn't know, and after that Ethereum will still work as today i suppose, maybe after fork people will still use it, but i don't know if will appear new coin after fork or no.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 06:22:50 AM

More than two dozen ethereum improvement proposals (EIPs) have been submitted for review and inclusion in ethereum’s next system-wide upgrade or hard fork, dubbed Istanbul.

The list – with 28 official EIPs and at least one other set to be added – include changes to the $27 billion network that impact its mining algorithm, code execution and pricing, data storage, and much more.

About a dozen of these proposals were discussed at length by ethereum core developers during a bi-weekly call on Friday. However, the majority ended up being tabled for further debate, with only one EIP receiving a tentative approval.

Further Read: https://www.coindesk.com/the-real-discussion-about-ethereums-next-hard-fork-is-about-to-begin

The buzz is soon starting for Ethereum's next hard fork and I am hoping this can be a big factor for its continuing rise in its price. Though the leadership of Ethereum has been always challenged, many are still strong believe on its full potential and with good people manning its development team the future is looking good for this cryptocurrency. Are you solid loyal to Eth?
It is a good thing that ethereum members are really up and running, and also coming up with projects that will continue to make them retain their position. I have really been waiting for things like this to spring up because I have been scared for them now that binance is almost doing exactly what they are doing by releasing their own binance chain which I can see already that few people are beginning to migrate over to binance from ethereum.

Now that this project is coming up, I am sure it will still encourage people to remain with them and I see ethereum price surging very high soon with this fork and upgrade.
777Jolami

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 06:31:10 AM

It is a good thing that ethereum members are really up and running, and also coming up with projects that will continue to make them retain their position. I have really been waiting for things like this to spring up because I have been scared for them now that binance is almost doing exactly what they are doing by releasing their own binance chain which I can see already that few people are beginning to migrate over to binance from ethereum.

Now that this project is coming up, I am sure it will still encourage people to remain with them and I see ethereum price surging very high soon with this fork and upgrade.
I do not think that the next ETH hardfork will launch a new coin.  Based on recently announced 6th and 7th updates, perhaps if there is, there will be a significant improvement in transaction speed as well as other utilities.  Previously there was a hardfork ETCV offering many lead certificates to fake. Sad  I hope to have a real thing.  they just need to develop and improve the transaction speed.  with its popularity.  The value of ETH will increase very high.
KryptoKai

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 06:37:29 AM

The only thing missing is a cap on the supply. This needs to be added asap before it spirals into something like ripple with endless coins coming into the market, 130m is a good number

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: