Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:36:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you actually mine on GT 1030?  (Read 241 times)
teawap (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 10:45:46 AM

Can i do that?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2019, 02:56:36 PM

You can mine some shitcoin but you can't mine bitcoin and this thread is not in the right section you must move this thread to altcoin mining section.

You can find the move button below left of this page.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 08:51:02 AM

Can i do that?

technically you can mine with any computer hardware you have even if it is absolute obsolete
will it be profitable?
not at all
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 10:20:17 AM

Can i do that?

technically you can mine with any computer hardware you have even if it is absolute obsolete
will it be profitable?
not at all
it will not even profitable anymore. this time we need at least 1050ti to mine crypto to get enough hashrate power. Mine shitcoin will waste a lot of our time and we get nothing at the end of our journey.
There are some reviews of GT 1030 in youtube that worth to watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7cOmSH0Wuw - Review GT 1030 with lyra2rev2 algo and nicehash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctQUQCaWtjs This video will show all of benchmark for GT 1030

Op just need to watch it.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 04:39:46 PM

Forget about it. As already said, technically you can use your card to mine, but you are not going to make any profit. In fact, you will pay for electricity more than you will make mining. That said, you can mine for fun. What I mean by that, you can learn how to mine and then when you feel confident, you can buy a better card and start to mine for real. Although, to be clear, even with better cards, the profit will be relatively small.
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 07:00:30 PM

Forget about it. As already said, technically you can use your card to mine, but you are not going to make any profit. In fact, you will pay for electricity more than you will make mining. That said, you can mine for fun. What I mean by that, you can learn how to mine and then when you feel confident, you can buy a better card and start to mine for real. Although, to be clear, even with better cards, the profit will be relatively small.

You can also use such a weak graphics card (and processor) in distributed computing on the example of BOINC. So it will serve at least some useful scientific work. The way they have become in some degree the ancestor of the mining of cryptocurrencies (association in pools for the solution of the general problem).
https://boinc.berkeley.edu/

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Awesomus Maximus

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 07:33:28 PM

You can also use such a weak graphics card (and processor) in distributed computing on the example of BOINC. So it will serve at least some useful scientific work.
Thanks for pointing that possibility out. I didn't know about BOINC, never heard before. By quickly looking at the website it is a nice oportunity to do something useful for the greater good. A question: can we know specifically what scientific project we are supporting? There are various science projects, it would be good to know where we are investing our hashpower.
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 12:44:24 PM

You can also use such a weak graphics card (and processor) in distributed computing on the example of BOINC. So it will serve at least some useful scientific work.
Thanks for pointing that possibility out. I didn't know about BOINC, never heard before. By quickly looking at the website it is a nice oportunity to do something useful for the greater good. A question: can we know specifically what scientific project we are supporting? There are various science projects, it would be good to know where we are investing our hashpower.

Previously participated in @SETI project. Now I have a temporary and not the most successful configuration of Xeon X5570 and 550ti; they can only perform simple work. And BOINC is quite interesting, you feel part of something big and important. By the way now there are even some awards for it. Read about Gridcoin https://gridcoin.us/.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Awesomus Maximus

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 03:08:26 PM

Previously participated in @SETI project. Now I have a temporary and not the most successful configuration of Xeon X5570 and 550ti; they can only perform simple work. And BOINC is quite interesting, you feel part of something big and important. By the way now there are even some awards for it. Read about Gridcoin https://gridcoin.us/.
Thanks for the useful link and for answering my question. I didn't know there is a reward in form of a gridcoin. That's even better, you get rewarded for helping the scientific community. I like the concept and I will definitely look into it more and who knows maybe I will join! Some of the projects they are currently working on are listed on the website. Thanks again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: