Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:45:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it time for me to say goodbye? I have been hacked left right and center  (Read 1573 times)
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:33:39 PM

And if you don't care about cold storage, I'd suggest using Coinbase. You can easily setup a 2-Factor authentification with your cellphone, which is very secure.
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 05:30:35 PM

This poor woman pours her heart out here. I am embarassed for some of the remarks. I do not see her asking for handouts anywhere.

I know of this lady and her post is sincere. Please post your btc address. A little human kindness goes a long way and I believe in what goes around comes around.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:46:21 PM

buy a used netbook only for your wallets.

do a clean install of ubuntu.  

download clean wallets.

transfer coin.

shut computer down, unplug, put inside gun safe.  

if you ever install unvetted code (e.g. a compiled binary from someone's mega or dropbox), use a virtual machine (e.g. virtualbox, vmware)  to quarantine possible malware in a sandbox.  

the only thing you should do with the netbook is security updates.  treat the netbook like you would the equivalent in cash.  

Please post your btc address.

what the fuck is this?  you got rokks in your head?

lady just got hacked.  if anybody sends her anything they'll just get stolen too.  she needs to get her shit together computerwise first.  

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:33:27 PM

buy a used netbook only for your wallets.

do a clean install of ubuntu.  

download clean wallets.

transfer coin.

shut computer down, unplug, put inside gun safe.  

if you ever install unvetted code (e.g. a compiled binary from someone's mega or dropbox), use a virtual machine (e.g. virtualbox, vmware)  to quarantine possible malware in a sandbox.  

the only thing you should do with the netbook is security updates.  treat the netbook like you would the equivalent in cash.  

Please post your btc address.

what the fuck is this?  you got rokks in your head?

lady just got hacked.  if anybody sends her anything they'll just get stolen too.  she needs to get her shit together computerwise first.  

I agree. I would assume security measures would come first but you never know.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
brooklynite

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:42:17 PM

1. My blockchain got hacked 0.29 stolen

2. Today my Poloniex got hacked 0.12 btc stolen but not the other little coins.

3. I can't login to Cryptsy anymore and tried to get another password but it doesn't come to my email or junkmail so sent a support ticket.

4. Now I have been trying hard hatching coin 7 days a week from faucets, doing giveaways and blogging s am asking myself is it just time t say goodbye and give all this online stuff up? If I do I have no options and no hope ever to see my son again unless I win the lottery and phat chance of that happening. The last few years I have had setback after setback and tried so hard to lift my head up and fight and carry on but now I am getting to the point of just ending it all and give up.
Anyway i realize that there are ruthless people in this business and I don't know if I want to stay the course anymore.
Just hope some  miracle or inspiration comes my way to keep me motivated otherwise I will just quit as there comes a time in your life where you put your hands up and say that's enough.

First of all call suicide hotline.

Second, wipe your computer OS and install a new windows, you definitely have a key logger on your computer. It's not easy to get your password, even if it's password.

You probably clicked on a link and got a virus installed.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: