Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:58:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When Do you realize a Crypto project is scam or Fraud?  (Read 7817 times)
stigmacryptonight

Activity: 574
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 08:16:28 AM

If the project guarantees a profit, I think crypto doesn't need to be trusted in that. All prove that the project is useful in the community and that many people and products will also be needed. Don't just promise, because all profits are no guarantee unless the project develops and at a later price will follow. There later we will feel the benefits.
Lan75
Copper Member

Activity: 363
Merit: 9

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 08:21:35 AM

If the project guarantees a profit, I think crypto doesn't need to be trusted in that. All prove that the project is useful in the community and that many people and products will also be needed. Don't just promise, because all profits are no guarantee unless the project develops and at a later price will follow. There later we will feel the benefits.
That's right, a legitimate project will blossom slowly with time and don't promise anything in return. It's up to the investors if they really trust the project and it's developer.

Red flag for me is that the legitimacy of the team that handles the project, they should be transparent enough.
StaffDear

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 08:39:55 AM

Before investing in ICO you need to make a good investigation.
Good projects have a clear whitepaper, not copy pasted from other projects. Often it is translated to several languages.

The team is very important in ICO. This information should be open on the website with their real photos and social media links, so you could check, whether it is a real person or just has been created for ICO.

Ask questions. The team should answer all your questions as soon as possible.

See whether they update the news. The members of ICO should know how the project is developing.

Read the feedbacks of other participants. But also check their profiles. The feedbacks can be written by one person that has many accounts.
Kaneki11

Activity: 209
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 09:48:25 AM

At a point the team start given excuses to abide by what they promised to do or stop communicating with the community then I can sense the project is scam. How do you determine a project is gone bad and won't fulfil it promise? What criteria do you use ? or you wait for years thinking all will be well ?
There are various ways to know if a project is scam... but I'll leave you just one tip... if they claim theyve raised millions of dollar.. but the coin is selling 100× below price at exchange listing ... that means theyve raised no money and are definitely lieing
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 10:10:43 AM

At a point the team start given excuses to abide by what they promised to do or stop communicating with the community then I can sense the project is scam. How do you determine a project is gone bad and won't fulfil it promise? What criteria do you use ? or you wait for years thinking all will be well ?
There are various ways to know if a project is scam... but I'll leave you just one tip... if they claim theyve raised millions of dollar.. but the coin is selling 100× below price at exchange listing ... that means theyve raised no money and are definitely lieing

Indeed, if their claim is right, i dont think holder will dump their token below ICO price. For long term investor, they are looking on the project in the future and i think when the price deep drop, i think investor already realize that developers team not reach their own target
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2019, 10:33:11 AM

I also think if they claim that get million of dollars and the coin is selling too low under the ICO sale then is a sign that is a scam or a project where team claim that has been hacked and the coins are dumped then is a scam.
Amejoaquim

Activity: 924
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 10:49:00 AM

I also think if they claim that get million of dollars and the coin is selling too low under the ICO sale then is a sign that is a scam or a project where team claim that has been hacked and the coins are dumped then is a scam.
Yap you very right! If the team claim he get a million of dollars but they can't give proof (Contract address) to the investor then they absolutely scam, after the crowdsale they will sell their coin immediately and claim that has been hacked or something else.
Felic43

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 11:11:12 AM

If someone really study well the whitepaper you will know most importantly check maybe the project have product they are selling .

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 11:34:54 AM

Do you mean the team are placing the community under some condition or the team stop communicating with the community, that is a redflag somehow, the community gave them fund without the community the project can not exist.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
ned.ryerson

Activity: 756
Merit: 101

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 11:38:28 AM

If someone really study well the whitepaper you will know most importantly check maybe the project have product they are selling .
Now the projects have learned how to make very good whitepapers, so their study does not guarantee the success of the project. the main thing that is needed is a strong team and then any idea will be implemented

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
fathur01

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 11:55:54 AM

I believe that the development team should keep in constant touch with the community and report on their failures and how they are planned to deal with them. If developers do not engage in dialogue with the community, they will not receive any support and any failures will be perceived by a flurry of criticism. The project roadmap must be followed otherwise everyone will decide that your project is scam.
elewton

Activity: 407

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 12:06:08 PM

I believe that the development team should keep in constant touch with the community and report on their failures and how they are planned to deal with them. If developers do not engage in dialogue with the community, they will not receive any support and any failures will be perceived by a flurry of criticism. The project roadmap must be followed otherwise everyone will decide that your project is scam.
Most projects after the call phase always have a quiet time and they don't regularly update many new news and that's how to confirm that project is scam. I think investing in these projects is really risky and you need to consider carefully when participating because the community can decide up to 70% of the success of the project and if no one works in media then stay away from that project

elitemobb

Activity: 579
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 12:20:29 PM

It's very easy to find out a fraudulent project. Not so difficult. Firstly, a project can promise you huge profits as well as listing on top exchanges. Secondly, such projects often give you huge bonuses for selling tokens at a loss as well as in their social networks. announcements.
ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 12:40:04 PM

Personally, I look at the fact that the team fulfills its conditions. As soon as the conditions are not observed, this is the first signal that the project has problems. Of course there are moments when something goes wrong and then the team still solves these problems and everything ends well. But let's be realistic, if you are going to launch the project and it has already passed some way, could you really make a mistake or a miscalculation? Not sure! Each project is launched with specific goals, some actually create a product and services, while others simply raise money for themselves. Unfortunately, fraudsters have learned how to disguise their projects perfectly and it is often difficult in the early stages to determine whether it is a hoax or not.
max6575

Activity: 1176

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2019, 12:43:19 PM

as drawing on chart gives with least on difference with beginning nominal on value and works with service delivery to put with worse on reference on users with the involvement on business with the company of developer.

Ekyfitri

Activity: 664
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 01:00:00 PM

It's very easy to find out a fraudulent project. Not so difficult. Firstly, a project can promise you huge profits as well as listing on top exchanges. Secondly, such projects often give you huge bonuses for selling tokens at a loss as well as in their social networks. announcements.
it does not guarantee that the project is a scam. if you look at 2017, then you will see so many ICOs offering huge bonuses for their sales. but in reality they can still develop. but look at the current conditions. Wait, I'm very difficult to find a project scam.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
mackstuart

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 01:03:48 PM

At the first stage it is very difficult to distinguish a normal project from fraud, all have their own criteria differences, but the most important is to check the project team, check each of its participants, see if they have the technology, where their office is, that sort of thing!

HanaTenun

Activity: 817
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 01:42:09 PM

At the first stage it is very difficult to distinguish a normal project from fraud, all have their own criteria differences, but the most important is to check the project team, check each of its participants, see if they have the technology, where their office is, that sort of thing!
even though it seems convincing in our opinion sometimes those with perfect teams can also run away with our money. because I have participated in campaigns with good managers, even projects using escrow in sending all bounty participant payments. they send their coins but after the distribution is done, in fact they just leave the project. then what should we do?

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
$anounimus$

Activity: 1750
Merit: 294

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 01:57:13 PM

well, developers and founders of projects should take part in discussing the development of the platform they are building, but many project founders are expelling themselves when they get money from investors, they run away as happened in some scam projects.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Teknisi88

Activity: 1050
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 02:19:49 PM

Waiting for a long time will be boring because it is also uncertain that it will be okay, now it is very easy to see the scam criteria, namely by always seeing the updates provided by the team, if they do not care about the project we will not get the latest information.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: