Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:42:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When Do you realize a Crypto project is scam or Fraud?  (Read 7817 times)
cafee_orange

Activity: 1022
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 07:14:27 AM

I see the project really scam is from news updates about the progress of the project, and I also see from their activity in the group, the most important thing when seeing a project is their identity in detail, many projects that take their identity in a fake way and taking photos of other people on the internet as proof of that is a team.

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 09:27:50 AM

At a point the team start given excuses to abide by what they promised to do or stop communicating with the community then I can sense the project is scam. How do you determine a project is gone bad and won't fulfil it promise? What criteria do you use ? or you wait for years thinking all will be well ?

Honestly I hate the style of some project who are very active on their time of ICO and presale but when the time comes and the project must response already in the community. They are gone just like a wind, and not responded on every inquiry. Clearly this can be categorized as criteria for a scam. Dont ever joined campaign which lack active communication cause this is the bridge for investors and the project to see uptodate news on their project.
Why would they not be active when they are simply just after the money and not the project because they have nothing to really deliver and since the money raise is sometimes even more than what the project will give them as profit in 10 years even if they establish it, they will rather just walk away, which I still see as scam.

That is why I don’t like projects that quote too much hardcap for their project even if they claim they have a real life working product. Imagine a project quoting 20 million dollars and it’s not a well-known already established company yet, why would the developer stress in establishing it when the money is more than enough to leave a comfortable life.
toast

Activity: 1582
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 09:30:27 AM

Get aware of the existence of fraud when looking at prices when they are already in the exchange. most experienced a considerable decline. to be stable at the price of their offer, most of them fail and always go down with a considerable decline,the thing that happened more and more made me become suspicious of the fraud behind it

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
darkangel

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 10:27:45 AM

At a point the team start given excuses to abide by what they promised to do or stop communicating with the community then I can sense the project is scam. How do you determine a project is gone bad and won't fulfil it promise? What criteria do you use ? or you wait for years thinking all will be well ?

When a team focuses more on ico sales and keeps introducing series of bonuses to lure investors instead of focusing on the product development and how to ensure it contributes to enhancing the technology and blockchain sphere
meldrio1

Activity: 1358

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 10:54:43 AM

Maybe no longer response from their telegram, keeps extending their running ICOs, no roadmap, lending platforms, anonymous team, giving high bonus for those who invest, that I can say scam project.  

babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 12:44:24 PM

There are so many reason for find out if the project is scam, one these are if the team are not active to their social channel like in telegram, Facebook and twitter, then aside from this, hyping the community is their main tools for them to get potential investors and they've always saying promises to their supporters then if the WP is copied to other project.
GabbieBoy12

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 12:54:10 PM

Its really hard to determined if the project eqs reak or not. Although most times it's hard to know as others will pose it like real and even present a good whitepaper. But I think that even they presented it so clearly you will still need to check the team out thoroughly as well as the advisors to be sure they have the experience they claim to have.
Also, the objectives of the platform needs to be studied and review it very well just to make sure it is achievable. So I think careful analysis is done at the onset so it can be spotted as a good project and not a fraud one. Because clearly nowadays there is really a lot of project that is scam. So only choose a project that can give yoy good profit by joining in to their projrcts like th dencoin tokens.
shadowduck

Activity: 840

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 01:03:05 PM

Maybe no longer response from their telegram, keeps extending their running ICOs, no roadmap, lending platforms, anonymous team, giving high bonus for those who invest, that I can say scam project.  
for me, it becomes all clear when in Telegram the admin does not respond for few weeks or once a month he writes the phrase "have patience."

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
siorapokk
Copper Member

Activity: 190
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 06:23:30 PM

You can recognise a scam project on the team behaviour. If they cannot answer your questions, maybe unserious, postponing decisions and so on. Moreover, it is easy to recognise a scam project if you look at their whitepaper. Mostly they just copy-paste things.
Prolifik

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 06:37:52 PM

When I lose my money. I do not care why. If the token is not traded, or the platform is not created or everything is working but not using it.
Team should know what they will do before they collect some money.   Cry

mazdafunsun

Activity: 490
Merit: 123

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 06:42:26 PM

One of the criteria is LinkedIn profiles. Especially the pictures, if they seem to have bad quality or without any background, there is a high probability that they are fake and thus the project is a complete scam.

repear7

Activity: 1026
Merit: 110

Need Bounty manager ? Contact @repear71

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 06:49:36 PM

In my opinion, deciding a project is really a scam or fraud is not easy. We must really ensure wisely. Indeed I have led to predict scam or fraud when the project does not fulfill its promise as stated earlier. Then the team running the project is not in accordance with the existing timeline. After that, the team did not communicate well to all partners. Project development was not delivered and all project media disappeared.
Inosend
Copper Member

Activity: 299
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2019, 07:03:53 PM

It depends on the observer. As for me I know starting from the websites, white paper and any other documents also I look at the team and look at their profiles on LinkedIn. Most team creates new account on LinkedIn and has no activities, I use that to figure out if the team is ream or not.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
ashaksagnis

Activity: 630
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2019, 06:05:08 AM

i Usually try to figure out all about team members and check if they are real or not. There was some really funny projects with unrealistic goals .
anyone can say that it is a scam lol.

Noilee

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 12:00:07 PM

If the team stop to communication and always lies about their plan in the future (listed in exchanger etc) in their community. From my experience good project always keep their promise and always open to their community about their plan or how far project going on.
I agree, they always active, and they can reply every-time that have some questions to their members. Then if you notice they dont entertain or they ignore if what you asking, then you are to begin suspicious to them. Just notice or observe their projects well, because scam is not easy to find out. So if you realize that there is no something is good just leave it.
Register13

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 03:23:01 PM

To determine whether the project was a fraud, you can basically know it by checking their project team details and on how they was running it. To avoid being scammed to some research about the project, do not get fancied by the projects good promises without checking it so well. Because as the cryptomarket grows, as well the scammer goes attack. So trust only a project like the Dencoin which integrated each participant that joining with their project was safe and good.

darewaller

Activity: 2814
Merit: 634

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 07:58:12 AM

Obviously if it doesn't have a product if its just a white paper you might think at first that it is very interesting. Secondly, if it have a high fund raising. Then, the most unfortunate in terms of payment. If they have a delay distribution of payment then forebode it because it will a promise that is everlasting.
This one is when the damaged has already been done to investors, I would not even wait for that long to determine if a project is scam or not, I won’t even give them the chance to take my money or my time.

What I usually do first is to thoroughly research on the project before even participating in the campaign, and before the research, I use some to sites that are dedicated to getting solid projects as they claim, and they pick some projects there for further research, this is how I have been able to avoid this scam projects from investing and also doing their bounty. I don’t just go for any project that is not already verified for further research.
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 09:59:25 AM

When a team focuses more on ico sales and keeps introducing series of bonuses to lure investors instead of focusing on the product development and how to ensure it contributes to enhancing the technology and blockchain sphere

I think it's not about scams, because the project team consists of many people, they split up into groups like product development, marketing groups, support groups, ...
airdagon

Activity: 546
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 10:24:51 AM

My criteria is almost the same as yours, there is no communication with Kkmunitas that is one of the characteristics of the project that will be a scam, and also there is no progress for the future
Stake13

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 10:57:25 AM

I can say realizing if the crypto project basically can't show and can't provide you a good investment. One more thing to consider was you can definitely knows it by checking their project team details and on how they was running their project. So to avoid being scammed, make sure you arr making a step and make a skillful research about the project, try not to get fancied by the projects good promises without checking it so well. Because as the cryptomarket grows, its their moment also to arise tricking people in the marketolace. So trust only a project like the Dencoin tokens which integrated each participant that joining with their project was safe and good, and they can make a great potential for the investors to make a good investments.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: