Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:57:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When Do you realize a Crypto project is scam or Fraud?  (Read 7817 times)
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2019, 01:11:34 PM

At a point the team start given excuses to abide by what they promised to do or stop communicating with the community then I can sense the project is scam. How do you determine a project is gone bad and won't fulfil it promise? What criteria do you use ? or you wait for years thinking all will be well ?

It should be before you start promoting or investing in the ICO, you can check the scam section for a report, in the scam section there are tools that you can use to trace these scammers, it's not easy but it's worth it because it will save you time and money and you can share your findings to all of us here.

rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 02:20:52 PM

When there are no more requests and in each market there is no volume. With that, it is confirmed that sooner or later the crypto project will die. Because it can't compete with other projects. The crypto project is dead, of course they have no new breakthrough in the project and its development will die.
john alex young

Activity: 199
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 09:47:47 AM

At a point the team start given excuses to abide by what they promised to do or stop communicating with the community then I can sense the project is scam. How do you determine a project is gone bad and won't fulfil it promise? What criteria do you use ? or you wait for years thinking all will be well ?
I have not yet known more clearly about a project that culminated in a scam. However, as long as I participated in the bounty, I realized when the discussion in the bounty telegram group that I participated in. Therefore, this forum is very important for me to learn more about cryptocurrency.
farraddy

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 10:39:14 AM

I've come across with the Scam projects of course. For bounty hunter the first signal of fraud can serve as a closing spreadsheet and the lack of specificity in the reports of the moderator.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
abeecrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 242
Merit: 18

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 10:43:39 AM

It is pretty hard sometimes. But when the project team stops communicating with the community, I start sensing scam.  My  first throw off is when the whitepaper isn't well written, road map obviously not looking viable and project team not verifiable, However, all this factors might not indicate a bad or scam roject. But my number one indicators are bad whitepaper and no project team verification.
kramat

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

https://i.ibb.co/2NX43h7/Avatar-1.jpg

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 10:50:05 AM

When there are no more requests and in each market there is no volume. With that, it is confirmed that sooner or later the crypto project will die. Because it can't compete with other projects. The crypto project is dead, of course they have no new breakthrough in the project and its development will die.

I think you are discussing a project that has been registered in exchange, what if they are still in the promotion stage? do we also have to wait for them to be in the market to find out they are scam or not !!!

sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 10:56:40 AM

In most cases you will realize after you lose everything, so you do not have much to do with that.
There is no prevention, many teams are promising and promising and then suddenly changed their mind and leave the project.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
Shymko

Activity: 436
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 11:38:38 AM

I've come across with the Scam projects of course. For bounty hunter the first signal of fraud can serve as a closing spreadsheet and the lack of specificity in the reports of the moderator.
With me if that project scam. surely they will never distribute bonuses. Or distribution delay, Obviously they do not want to pay bounty hunters. I have met many such projects in the past 2 years
Jaggi90
Copper Member

Activity: 476
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 11:41:06 AM

When all the transactions are stopped by the exchange and no notice is given for such deed , I assume that project to be fake. I have been in loss so many times , so I invest very carefully.
ParabellumLite

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 11:45:51 AM

They gradually do not answer questions that they do not have answers to. And gradually the project support on telegram no longer works. Facebook and Twitter channels stop posting new articles
Tsubachuchu

Activity: 316

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 11:50:30 AM

Some of the projects in cryptocurrency is a scam  you just needed do search and reviews about the project so you have been scammed by those scammers ,and i only promote and go in the legit projects that can bring me a good income through the year, to support my financial in day to day trading.
Dellosoft
Copper Member

Activity: 206
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 11:51:39 AM

When the team stops giving updates to the community for so long, that's a sign that something is not right with the project. For instance I'm holding CNC Economic token since last year, initially the team gives updates in hours, after token sale they went silent and if you ask about listing, they ban you from the group.  
Novatech8

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 12:07:30 PM

Projects that delay development aren't serious with their project,they have no reason to delay the progress for a long time and some that are scam are just waiting for an excuse to exit scam with investors money,the moment you stop receiving updates on projects social channels this means they might not be who you think they are

Garrygold

Activity: 42

Crypto

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 12:21:13 PM

I just realized today that the scum project , in which I took part , namely making a video review of the bounty Winstars company, appealed to Mr. Andrei Zaitsev , that he helped me to make a swap of tokens, to which he insulted me and acted obscenely in a rude manner. So a person who does not know how to communicate , can not lead the project. This is pure Scam.

Now I trade for me Robots, from 5 to 30% of profits per month - it's real!
HK88

Activity: 193
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 01:04:16 PM

I will realize that if their project starts quiet, I mean the team no longer cares about the project / is not active in telegram connections / is very slow in managing the responses of the participants. there I began to suspect whether the project would fail.
dat.ho12492

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2019, 01:26:38 PM

With me if that project scam. surely they will never distribute bonuses. Or distribution delay, Obviously they do not want to pay bounty hunters. I have met many such projects in the past 2 years
What you say is really a sign of the fraud of projects but worse and more sophisticated, many phishing projects still pay full tokens and bonus distribution, the hunters still get rewards through bounty but the most obnoxious issue that people always face is the promise of projects, they always promise to list and have new plans but once after that many times. Since then, the project has died over time, this is something I recognize from scam projects, they never have a fix on listing, they just talk for fun instead of doing it.

▀▀▀▀▀█████████   CRYPTON          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬                    
▬▬          Revolutionary Cryptocurrency Exchange
anggaem

Activity: 672

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2019, 01:33:46 PM

I rate scam projects from demand made on the market, I think every project that does not make investors interested will exit scam.
and also the plagiarism whitepaper, I think the project that did that was confirmed to be a scam.

EZ365TMREVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM
WHITEPAPERINVESTOR pitch ❰ | Telegram | Twitter | Facebook |
███████████████ [ PLAYTRADELEARN ] ███████████████
Sab11

Activity: 524
Merit: 100

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 01:41:49 PM

for me i will always check the team identity their background about crypto, project development, quality of the whitepaper and their community, that's criteria i use to bounty project so my effort will become worth it and not just go to waste.

► EzyStayz ◄ ♦ A Global Holiday Rental Platform Powered by Crypto ♦ ► EzyStayz ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Facebook|Telegram|Instagram|Youtube
#Darren

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 01:45:26 PM

It can be clearly seen after several months of trading. Some teams are just giving up on development after a successful token sale and do not care about the current price, product or community. If a coin does not move for several months, it is a bad sign.

████████████████
   ████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████   ███████████████████
█████████████████        ███████████████
█████████████████          █████████████
█████████████████            ████████████
█████████████████             ███████████
█████████████████              ██████████
█████████████████              ██████████
█████████████████            ███████████
█████████████████          █████████████
█████████████████      ███████████████
█████████████████ ████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
     █████████████████
          ████
DIA | OPEN ACCESS FINANCIAL DATA
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 01:47:29 PM

That's what I'm afraid when I try to join new crypto project especially altcoin.
Usually I only interest when I can join workshop at my place or the project is local so I can inspect more easily so I can determine what should I decide.

At least it minimalize the risk rather than nothing,right ?

Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: