Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:25:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When Do you realize a Crypto project is scam or Fraud?  (Read 7817 times)
btcholder

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 08:31:49 PM

At a point the team start given excuses to abide by what they promised to do or stop communicating with the community then I can sense the project is scam. How do you determine a project is gone bad and won't fulfil it promise? What criteria do you use ? or you wait for years thinking all will be well ?

For scam project there is no hope that you could say yourself all will be well. they just got your money which is not gonna back to you. There is not special thing that you understand very soon because they are just already planed to cheat you. but yeas first they seems like very helpful but after they stop commiunicating to you, never replay to your question, not gonna active in social media, inactive in telegram, change survival time their ICO/IEO/STO date, fake promisses to you, not proffesional for any kinda job and so on.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 626

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 08:34:31 PM

At a point the team start given excuses to abide by what they promised to do or stop communicating with the community then I can sense the project is scam. How do you determine a project is gone bad and won't fulfil it promise? What criteria do you use ? or you wait for years thinking all will be well ?

For scam project there is no hope that you could say yourself all will be well. they just got your money which is not gonna back to you. There is not special thing that you understand very soon because they are just already planed to cheat you. but yeas first they seems like very helpful but after they stop commiunicating to you, never replay to your question, not gonna active in social media, inactive in telegram, change survival time their ICO/IEO/STO date, fake promisses to you, not proffesional for any kinda job and so on.
Normal thing for you to experienced on the earliest time as possible where you do get active responses from the team but after the sale then they dont care about you anymore.Realizing if the project is scam or not at first is really a tough job yet you wont able to know if they do have that motive on the first place or not.
We cant detect 100% scam projects when they are starting yet no matter how you research you would still have the chance on getting victimized.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 08:59:15 PM

As soon as I didn´t get paid from bounty campaign.
As soon as I can´t sell my tokens because there is no exchange.
As soon as I see a big dump caused by team,
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 09:02:44 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2019, 01:43:31 AM by PuertoLibre

As soon as I didn´t get paid from bounty campaign.
As soon as I can´t sell my tokens because there is no exchange.
As soon as I see a big dump caused by team,
The bounty campaigns have no relation with determining the legitimacy of the project.  It is a promotional reward by the team for increasing awareness in the crypto space. The big dump is impossible if there is no exchange which doesn't accept scam projects. Big dumps not always cause a decrease in the value of the project, sometimes investors wait for such moments in order to increase their altcoins stash. I can count up to the 10 projects which investors preferred to wait for the listing on the next exchange than buying in the token sale.
Mila52

Activity: 1022
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 09:07:10 PM

Even a thorough analysis of the team and the White Paper will not save you from a scammer's project. Some scammers prepare all the documents in haste, and you understood that  instantly , and there are scammers who prepare everything carefully and collect good investments and only after a few months disappear with the money. For me usually the main indicator of the scam project is the lack of updates in social networks and the telegram group.
lolgato1

Activity: 793
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 09:15:40 PM

When? Simply when I loose my money, no matter how or why.
If I invest and my investment going to 0, who made a mistake? I because I invested into a scam.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
thiscomm

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2019, 01:27:49 PM

I always see how the project makes a planning of their project. because that's where we can conclude that the project will be able to complete their targets. when the project runs we accompany and always see how their work process if it exceeds the target date per current date, it means the team of the project is not serious. and consequently will be a fraud or scam project.

r e c k o o n             ONE STOP SHOPPING APP
Global Shopping Platform (https://ieo.reckoon.com/)
[[[[[[
carrie_white

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 04:12:31 PM

I often experience and see ICO programs that end in scams or fraud, starting with the signs that the ico program developer has rarely appeared in the community, rarely responded to questions from members, or even completely disappeared and did not reply. then the ico program continues to be extended for no apparent reason, if this happens, it can be said that 80% of the program is scam or fraud

Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 04:33:21 PM

If there is no update to their project through social media and there is no communication to investors or the community. I usually say that the project is a scam (but not completely) until the time comes when the project is really a scam for the reasons above.
You must doubt if no updates about their project through social media indeed. We should have the effort to search a crypto project in the end were the ones will loss our money. Many people suffered of scam in crypto so a must to do some research before investing.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2019, 04:41:53 PM

Waiting years is certainly foolish.
And also being impatient and crying SCAM! because it's not going at a fast pace is just as bad.

The thing is, if it is a straight up scam, you probably won't know until after you got ripped off.
Most of the projects people say are scams are really just businesses that go bankrupt.
This can be due to bad product, lack of experience, market conditions etc.

For those, you really need think hard about your financial goals.
Are you willing to let your money sit in a project for a long time even thought its going nowhere?

Lance203sin

Activity: 109
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2019, 04:43:14 PM

When development of the project is stopped. Thats a main red flag. Dead social networks without updates too
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 10:14:52 PM

Scam projects usually do not have enough information regarding the progress and future plans of the project. They do not address any realistic problems in the crypto space and the entire world in general.  They usually have fake statistics regarding what the project seems to address and usually have fake teams.  The best way to identify scam projects is by reading their whitepaper into details...
kalstarzz

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 11:41:10 PM

unfortunately I am very weak to know a scam project or not, I only realized a scam project when I did not get anything from what I was doing, other than that I found out from other people both in the ann project or their ann bounty.
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 04:14:40 PM

When the project is not listed in the exchange and the it has not listed for the more than 1 year or more I think the project is a scammer. But, again if the project already followed all the steps of the market from the distribution of the token to the listing of the exchanges even we say that the project is a scammer because after listing of the coin token or the coin the price is not justify to the market. The value of the coin traded thousandth of times bellow of its initial price.
Gab20

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 10:15:29 PM

You should have known this right from the start, if you do the necessary research. After carrying out the research I should on a project and I am skeptical about it, I will not give it a second thought, but will discard it.
kevinzxz

Activity: 1470
Merit: 105

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 11:20:02 PM

I would say that the project is a scam if
1. the team has no response
2. the team never updates on the progress of the project
3. the project did not go according to the roadmap and whitepaper
4. the team always promises but does not keep what was promised
5. the team is not transparent about the total supply of coin in the project

rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 11:32:59 PM

Promise and excuses is part of alibi of the team project if didn't want pay investor and participants and after the excuses and the promises the team disaffair.
Always late to,realize the is scam because all project look have pretty great white paper to encourage people to invest become getting scam the project is over.
aji567

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 11:39:34 PM

my reference is when the admin group telegram more than 1 month is inactive. besides spreadsheets that are not updated by the bounty manager.
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 11:57:09 PM

my reference is when the admin group telegram more than 1 month is inactive. besides spreadsheets that are not updated by the bounty manager.

Yes, there are a lot of warning signals to detect if a particular project is heading to be a scam. Even the reputation of bounty manager alone can give you a hint if that project is real or not. Check the content of the website as well as their social media channels. There should be something substantial that you can read about their project but if you will see only the generic items, high possibility that they will run away with your investments.
cryptoML

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 12:46:42 AM

You can easily determined if that project is scam by the project details itself, dev anonymous and sometimes the concept of their project is just like a plaything project.  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: