Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:59:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I have been scammed twice. Stop these scammers from scamming again.  (Read 505 times)
neaden (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 12:01:34 AM
Merited by bones261 (2)

I have been scammed twice in the same day. I posted a topic here saying I want to change BTC for PayPal.

1st someone contacted me called @sellerbitcointalk on Telegram.

We settled at $1054.99 ($4.99 for the fee to send as Friends and Family). He did not delivered.

And he deleted the whole chat history but I will paste the transaction here to warn you guys.

He claimed to be What1005 from this forum. And I transferred to an Emily Rowe from UK.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11UAtmEMSWsRbIf_u9cd653d4HMQ4GuPF/view?usp=sharing

Next after I lost $1054.99, another user consoled me and told me I should have trusted him. I managed to export the chat history before it was lost.

You can see entire chat inside here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aIYyrwO_9PdFcwlwJXVVGmp7L_hutUu1

This user is Dr Bitmex and his ID in Telegram is @Wolf_Of_Bitmex

I transferred to a Tyler Holladay and he even talked to me on Facebook using Jose Rudder. I lost $218.99

I am done with this bitcoin peer to peer exchange thing - I know nothing can be done now so I am just writing this topic to warn any newbies like me who is so gullible to be scammed twice a day.

If anyone wants proof of this scam, talk to me on Telegram: neaden I will show you more proof.
bbcwholesell

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

Sell Your Skrill, Paypal Funds to Us, Get BITCOIN

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2019, 04:46:38 AM

I have been scammed twice in the same day. I posted a topic here saying I want to change BTC for PayPal.

We settled at $1054.99 ($4.99 for the fee to send as Friends and Family). He did not delivered.

And he deleted the whole chat history but I will paste the transaction here to warn you guys.

He claimed to be What1005 from this forum. And I transferred to an Emily Rowe from UK.

Next after I lost $1054.99, another user consoled me and told me I should have trusted him. I managed to export the chat history before it was lost.

You can see entire chat inside here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aIYyrwO_9PdFcwlwJXVVGmp7L_hutUu1

I transferred to a Tyler Holladay and he even talked to me on Facebook using Jose Rudder. I lost $218.99

I am done with this bitcoin peer to peer exchange thing - I know nothing can be done now so I am just writing this topic to warn any newbies like me who is so gullible to be scammed twice a day.

If anyone wants proof of this scam, talk to me on Telegram: neaden I will show you more proof.

We are sorry on your loss. you can chargeback on the paypal funds.
80% telegram exchangers are scammers.

if you can check our profile here we exchange paypal to bitcoin, bank cash etc but we have rules for paypal and fees.
Check one of our topics and see.

Always be careful doing transactions on telgram. always good to deal with reputable exchanger company with website and at least location.

sorry again

Sell Your Skrill, Paypal Funds to Us, Get BITCOIN, Ethereum - Email Us: getcoinhelp@gmail.com or Visit our website: gethelpcoin.org
mr.relax

Activity: 1651
Merit: 863

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 08:08:14 AM

Never ever exchange your BTC against Paypal,Skrill,Neteller,Banktransfer, except you really know the person and his identity VERY well.
Better use Stablecoins instead of Fiat or use irreversible paymentmethods g.e. cash.
Also only trust real and trustworth exchanges.
Especially here in this forum, scammers are majority.

Trade across blockchains DECENTRAL : https://cutt.ly/rOSoDl
Xylber

Activity: 611
Merit: 124

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 07:04:27 PM

Chargeback your Paypal. This whole scammers thing is thanks to centralized fiat money, if we were using decentralized contracts, it would be impossible to be scammed like this
yondelis

Activity: 12
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 07:16:22 PM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11UAtmEMSWsRbIf_u9cd653d4HMQ4GuPF/view?usp=sharing

We are sorry on your loss. you can chargeback on the paypal funds.
80% telegram exchangers are scammers.

if you can check our profile here we exchange paypal to bitcoin, bank cash etc but we have rules for paypal and fees.
Check one of our topics and see.

Always be careful doing transactions on telgram. always good to deal with reputable exchanger company with website and at least location.

sorry again

Caution! bbcwholesell are scammer indeed!!
"At least location", are you kidding me?! you're a nigerian not austrian as you say in your fake website.

Take a look here with this scammer:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5148998
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 08:47:34 PM
Merited by nutildah (1)

So basically you dealt with complete strangers on the forum without doing any research?

- Did they have a reputation as trusted sellers? No
- Did you use an escrow? No
- Did you take any advice before trading with them? No

If this is not calling to get scammed, I don't know what is. Don't trust random accounts on the internet boi.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2019, 10:33:02 PM

I am very sorry you got robbed, however if you just got robbed twice in one day just perhaps you should modify YOUR OWN behavior and do some due diligence and learn how things work around here before placing responsibility for your lax attitude on the rest of the forum. A fool and his money will soon be parted. Maybe you should stop being a fool.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 10:53:07 PM

I am very sorry you got robbed, however if you just got robbed twice in one day just perhaps you should modify YOUR OWN behavior and do some due diligence and learn how things work around here before placing responsibility for your lax attitude on the rest of the forum. A fool and his money will soon be parted. Maybe you should stop being a fool.

Exactly how is the OP "blaming the whole fourm?" I show that he is taking responsibility for his gullibility.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2019, 01:06:03 AM

Exactly how is the OP "blaming the whole fourm?" I show that he is taking responsibility for his gullibility.

"Stop these scammers from scamming again"

The forum doesn't stop scammers, nor could they even if they tried. This statement implicitly puts responsibility for the problem on others rather than himself. He then goes on to say how he is "done with this Bitcoin peer to peer exchange thing" as if the flaw is in the system or the forum rather than his own lax behavior. New users need to learn that the forum is not going to protect you and you need to do the due diligence to protect yourself. I am sorry if this harsh reality got your panties in a twist, but again if we are actually trying to help these people they need some "tough love" and not a changing of their pampers every time they do something dumb then blame everyone else. If he had spent 5 minutes reading thru the forum first this could have been prevented.
aioc

Activity: 2940
Merit: 567

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 01:34:32 AM

So basically you dealt with complete strangers on the forum without doing any research?

- Did they have a reputation as trusted sellers? No
- Did you use an escrow? No
- Did you take any advice before trading with them? No

If this is not calling to get scammed, I don't know what is. Don't trust random accounts on the internet boi.

Judging from his post and his action, he has not done research on people whom he is dealing with, did not check the reputation and do escrow, he hastily trade, for me it's a big amount but getting scammed the second time, the blame is on you, unless you did precaution on how to trade correctly.

bones261
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 02:55:33 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2019, 04:06:38 AM by bones261

The forum doesn't stop scammers, nor could they even if they tried. This statement implicitly puts responsibility for the problem on others rather than himself. He then goes on to say how he is "done with this Bitcoin peer to peer exchange thing" as if the flaw is in the system or the forum rather than his own lax behavior. New users need to learn that the forum is not going to protect you and you need to do the due diligence to protect yourself. I am sorry if this harsh reality got your panties in a twist, but again if we are actually trying to help these people they need some "tough love" and not a changing of their pampers every time they do something dumb then blame everyone else. If he had spent 5 minutes reading thru the forum first this could have been prevented.
  I only see him placing the main blame on the two vultures who easily gained his confidence and conned him, which is exactly where most of the blame belongs. I don't see him blaming the forum or "everybody". Also, I can understand the reluctance someone would have in participating in the direct peer to peer exchange thing when the result was getting ripped off. Perhaps he will get back up on the horse again when he comes up with a better strategy to prevent getting so easily duped. Also, I think the $1300.00 loss gave him enough "tough love." That's a rather pricey expense to pay for getting schooled in the college of hard knocks. I'm sure that your extra 2 cents of "tough love" are really not needed here.

Judging from his post and his action, he has not done research on people whom he is dealing with, did not check the reputation and do escrow, he hastily trade, for me it's a big amount but getting scammed the second time, the blame is on you, unless you did precaution on how to trade correctly.

The lesson to be learned with the second scam is that one should always be leery of people who offer you a sympathetic ear with their palm extended. Chances are they are just another creep who found an easy mark.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2019, 08:42:04 PM

I only see him placing the main blame on the two vultures who easily gained his confidence and conned him, which is exactly where most of the blame belongs. I don't see him blaming the forum or "everybody". Also, I can understand the reluctance someone would have in participating in the direct peer to peer exchange thing when the result was getting ripped off. Perhaps he will get back up on the horse again when he comes up with a better strategy to prevent getting so easily duped. Also, I think the $1300.00 loss gave him enough "tough love." That's a rather pricey expense to pay for getting schooled in the college of hard knocks. I'm sure that your extra 2 cents of "tough love" are really not needed here.

But it is needed, unfortunately because people like you only focus on the scammers. I would compare it to incidents of rape. People LOVE getting all bent out of shape about "victim blaming", and while the perpetrator obviously holds guilt, the victim also has agency and needs to understand that certain behaviors put them at greater risk. Walking around in a dark alley in a city center in the middle of the night for example, while one has every right to do, is still risky behavior. We need to be teaching people how to avoid these dark alleys, not just decrying the evil deeds of the evil people who will always be there. Teach people how not to be victims, don't just give them a hug and send them back into that dark alley.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 03:44:14 PM

You must be a neophyte who seems never to have read many scamming stories even within this forum. The big lesson here is never ever trust to directly deal with someone you just know and meet online...that can be a suicide, to say the least. It would have been better if the transaction is using escrow to protect you and even the one you are dealing with but if he is scammer I doubt if he will agree to that. Usually, scammers are good in making you feel comfortable even you knowing that he is already manipulating you.
manishanand

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 03:51:32 PM

We should try some 3rd party sites offering p2p trades you can trust the people there but although the rates are very unfair
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 04:03:20 PM

The blames is on you because you trust so easily, there's some easy and safe way to do that but you prefer to use Telegram which is now the home of scammers, in the first place people have been warned of too many scammers lurking there you did not do an investigation before sending your money.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 05:40:41 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2019, 08:59:34 PM by bones261

The blames is on you because you trust so easily, there's some easy and safe way to do that but you prefer to use Telegram which is now the home of scammers, in the first place people have been warned of too many scammers lurking there you did not do an investigation before sending your money.

Yes, after reading the interchange between the OP and the second scammer, it was discussed to do the transaction through localbitcoins, but the OP wanted to save on fees. I hope that if there is a next time, the OP will just go through localbitcoins or use a trusted escrow. Paying the extra fees would have been well worth it. On the second transaction, I'm not sure what localbitcoins would have charged extra for the fees, but I'm sure it was really not that much.

But it is needed, unfortunately because people like you only focus on the scammers. I would compare it to incidents of rape. People LOVE getting all bent out of shape about "victim blaming", and while the perpetrator obviously holds guilt, the victim also has agency and needs to understand that certain behaviors put them at greater risk. Walking around in a dark alley in a city center in the middle of the night for example, while one has every right to do, is still risky behavior. We need to be teaching people how to avoid these dark alleys, not just decrying the evil deeds of the evil people who will always be there. Teach people how not to be victims, don't just give them a hug and send them back into that dark alley.

To address your analogy and this case, there are ways to give the victim constructive advise on how to be more secure going forward without resorting to call the victim stupid or some other harsh adjectives.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2019, 08:52:57 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2019, 09:09:31 PM by TECSHARE

To address your analogy and this case, there are ways to give the victim constructive advise on how to be more secure going forward without resorting to call the victim stupid or some other harsh adjectives.

I did give constructive advice. I never called anyone stupid. The only time I ever even got close to that was using a well known saying to demonstrate that no matter how much you try to protect people, if they aren't doing due diligence they will always be robbed. I think you are letting your emotions get the better of you here just a LITTLE bit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: