Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:35:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pos mining for Raspberry  (Read 167 times)
pishite (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 132

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 09:28:08 AM

I have a mini pc raspberry pi3. I use it already for earnings. I get a couple of coins on it: the universe(uni), bitradio(bro). Can you advise any alternatives for this PC with greater profit. And there are those who run on it more than 2 wallets. Interested in your opinion.
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 06:04:31 PM

I have a Raspberry Pi 3 and I use it to POS mine Solaris coin.
It's hard to keep Laptop or my PC active 24x7, so Raspberry Pi has been a real saver here.
I haven't used more than 1 wallet at a time as even with just Solaris-qt running, I have to reboot in from time to time because it hangs after a while.
Anyway, you can use it to mine any coin with POS consensus.
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 07:58:18 AM

I have a mini pc raspberry pi3. I use it already for earnings. I get a couple of coins on it: the universe(uni), bitradio(bro). Can you advise any alternatives for this PC with greater profit. And there are those who run on it more than 2 wallets. Interested in your opinion.
It seems as if you are staking your coin and not the POW mining we know of, so what is the amount of profit you make and why don't you just make use of a vps to run the wallet in there and stake your coin instead of using your PC and leaving it on all of the time when you can use that time for doing something even better. If it were to be POW mining, then I would have told you to make purchase of a miner but since it's not, I think the best you could do is to make use of a vps instead of running it yourself.
pishite (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 04:15:18 AM

It seems as if you are staking your coin and not the POW mining we know of, so what is the amount of profit you make and why don't you just make use of a vps to run the wallet in there and stake your coin instead of using your PC and leaving it on all of the time when you can use that time for doing something even better. If it were to be POW mining, then I would have told you to make purchase of a miner but since it's not, I think the best you could do is to make use of a vps instead of running it yourself.

I'm not ready to keep coins for vps. As I worry about their loss, the access will be in fact the in hosting provider. Mini PC belongs to me and I have more confidence in my own protection.
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 04:19:29 AM

You can try out DeepOnion for getting 5% staking reward although this is going to be ended soon this year. After that, the reward will be 1% each year which I still consider profitable. I have been staking for a long time since now.
pishite (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 04:22:44 AM

I have a Raspberry Pi 3 and I use it to POS mine Solaris coin.
It's hard to keep Laptop or my PC active 24x7, so Raspberry Pi has been a real saver here.
I haven't used more than 1 wallet at a time as even with just Solaris-qt running, I have to reboot in from time to time because it hangs after a while.
Anyway, you can use it to mine any coin with POS consensus.

Are there 2 coins here?

Please share the ready wallet for your operating system.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2019, 12:15:36 PM

If he say Solaris is XLR i think, here is the thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1831629.0 there will be a change on algorithm and they have own exchange txbit where you can buy coins from, you can also run a masternode with 1000 XLR.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: