Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:40:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ♥GrumpyCoin Community♥ ★ LATEST WALLET 2.3 ★ MINTPAL CLOSING! ACTION!★  (Read 43251 times)
learminer

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:47:07 AM

Too late to vote? I'm all for X11 and 20B coins. Even with the current reward structure there are enough coins left to mine. It is the price that will have to eventually go up to keep mining profitable, not the other way around. More than doubling coincap would be the killing blow for GRUMP at the current stage.

As for exchanges, I have my doubts Cryptorush will recover from the mess they've created. No hamr contacting them, but I certainly won't trust them with my coins again and I think many miners/trader feel that way. Same with CoinEx TBH. Both were important exchanges in their own right, but with horrible security and support. Glad I got my coins out of both before they went offline, even if it meant a loss. Thanks but no thanks...

clarv

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:37:16 PM

Too late to vote? I'm all for X11 and 20B coins. Even with the current reward structure there are enough coins left to mine. It is the price that will have to eventually go up to keep mining profitable, not the other way around. More than doubling coincap would be the killing blow for GRUMP at the current stage.

As for exchanges, I have my doubts Cryptorush will recover from the mess they've created. No hamr contacting them, but I certainly won't trust them with my coins again and I think many miners/trader feel that way. Same with CoinEx TBH. Both were important exchanges in their own right, but with horrible security and support. Glad I got my coins out of both before they went offline, even if it meant a loss. Thanks but no thanks...
It is not late to vote :-). It will be X11 and 20B. I am lucky to make 25% profit at Cryptorush before withdrawal because of the higher altcoin prices compared with Cryptsy and others although for a minute I thought I got goxed :-).

Preparing wallet today!
Yepyep

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:43:08 PM

X11 is fine.  Do not increase total coins please. I have invested a lot in Grump (mostly at 1 sat and higher) and have never sold a one based on the 20B number.  I currently own 1% of all grump and plan holding them for quite some time. 
clarv

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:24:57 PM

X11 is fine.  Do not increase total coins please. I have invested a lot in Grump (mostly at 1 sat and higher) and have never sold a one based on the 20B number.  I currently own 1% of all grump and plan holding them for quite some time. 
Willl not change coin parameters, only X11 fixes.

clarv

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:27:53 PM

Bitcoin Core 0.9 was recently released. Some news here
https://bitcoinfoundation.org/blog/?p=541.

Will have a look at this after X11!
Mk2vr6

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:34:29 PM

I'm pretty sure there was close to 5 billion on CryptoRush at the peak?

Either way, quite sad another exchange has gone down.
clarv

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:20:17 AM

Wallet update!

X11 updated in GrumpyCoin wallet and testing!
Pretty easy adding X11 but adding condition when to start X11 algorithm and using Scrypt simultaneously need more testing.
Takes time to test different scenarios, loading all blocks, reloading, upgrading old block database from Berkeley to Leveldb etc but I am close.
Will give you a quality wallet :-).

Be prepared to upgrade your miner software. Should be fine with cgminer until X11 start and later X11 mining with sgminer.

Meanwhile website www.grumpyco.in is updated to a new faster server!

Stay tuned!
Alisho

Activity: 206

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:50:18 PM

Wallet update!

Pretty easy adding X11 but adding condition when to start X11 algorithm and using Scrypt simultaneously need more testing.
Takes time to test different scenarios, loading all blocks, reloading, upgrading old block database from Berkeley to Leveldb etc but I am close.

Be prepared to upgrade your miner software. Should be fine with cgminer until X11 start and later X11 mining with sgminer.

Stay tuned!

wow nice! From which Block will the new algo be?
MrJesusChrist

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

Bitties

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:34:12 PM

Wallet update!

Stay tuned!

Good work Clarv! You're the man. Hope the testing and everything goes well!
clarv

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:33:53 AM

Wallet update!

Stay tuned!

Good work Clarv! You're the man. Hope the testing and everything goes well!
Thanks for your support,
it will be difficult to maintain both X11 and Scrypt hash algorithm. X11 is not a mining algorithm, it is used for all hashes in the wallet, keys, addresses, transactions, blocks etc, so there is no easy start block solution like KGW that can be defined. Haven't found a solution yet.

I am testing with clean X11 only in wallet with same coin parameters and looking how this could be released.

So at the moment there are 3 alternatives!

1.Update wallet with Scrypt as before with updated 0.6 to 0.8 Bitcoin code and new user interface.
Wallet downloadable within 24 hours after decision. Exchanges and mining pools must update for this new version.

2.New GrumpyCoin X11 with all bells and whistles
- same coin and design
- "airdrop" for all GrumpyCoin holders
- fresh start so we can use premine to pay selected exchanges, payment solutions, Android wallets etc.
- GrumpyCoin community will be the developer from start

3.Fork wallet with X11 on a given date and time and pray. Still testing.

Please vote!

thanks
Strus

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 10:56:52 AM

Fork. I don't want to lose months of mining for nothing.

IFC community was in some fork problems earlier. No problems now.

Just let people know before (couple of weeks maybe) you start new fork (maybe even some announcements on pools and exchanges).
Miki77

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:05:04 AM

Fork.
btcpoland

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:46:32 PM

Wow, I see a lot of new stuff going on here Smiley Good sign! Also in max few days we should be able to get listed @ Mintpal! I only hope it will be BTC/GRUMP market and not BTC/LTC market only.

Regarding number of coins - some time ago I liked the idea of 50 Billion coins more but at this stage of Grumpy coin I think 20 Billion is a better soultion. I am only a little bit worried about total hashrate, which is now very low, only 44 MH/s.

About X11 and new wallet - when should I update my wallet? I don't want to loose my Grumpy Coins Undecided

P.S I wonder how many GRUMPS are stucked @ Cryptorush. I was wise enough to withdraw all my coins in time. Last time I checked I think there could be left around 2-3 billion GRUMPS.
clarv

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:33:46 PM

Will be busy tonight, please leave more comments about new wallet and I will come back later and continue again.
At the moment I am concentrating on a fork as you suggested. See you later!
SnoopCn

Activity: 184

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:00:56 PM

FORK Smiley I think it would be perfect if you could role out the X11 fork once we hit mintpal. Would create quite some hype if supply and algo gets changed once we get there. You think this could be possible? Also I think it wouldn't hurt to reduce max supply even more.
Comments welcome Cheesy

Cheers,
Snoop

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
MrJesusChrist

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

Bitties

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:07:51 AM

FORK Smiley I think it would be perfect if you could role out the X11 fork once we hit mintpal. Would create quite some hype if supply and algo gets changed once we get there. You think this could be possible? Also I think it wouldn't hurt to reduce max supply even more.
Comments welcome Cheesy

Cheers,
Snoop

I don't think we should lower the max supply anymore.. But I agree with you in that it would be great to have the x11 algo implemented before we get on MintPal, it would definitely look good for once we are on there.

Hopefully people will see we're taking this coin seriously, and once x11 is implemented hopefully Grumpy will be able to stand out a bit more in the sea of altcoins. I have lots of hope for this coin  Grin

Keep on voting everyone, only 600 away from 1st, we're almost there! https://www.mintpal.com/voting
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:26:34 AM

Nah don't reduce supply, 20 billions is fine, grumpy needs to keep room for late miners  Smiley

GRUMPY X11 POWERED  ! Can't wait !  Smiley
TenaciousC

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:29:48 AM

Keep on voting people, we're almost number 1 on Mintpal!

btw you can also donate for votes on mintpal, feel free to give us an extra boost! Wink
btcpoland

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:38:31 AM

Keep on voting people, we're almost number 1 on Mintpal!

btw you can also donate for votes on mintpal, feel free to give us an extra boost! Wink

VOTE VOTE VOTE!!! Smiley

Just a reminder, we'll be picking the next voting winner tonight @ 8PM UTC - It's very close between the top two! https://www.mintpal.com/voting
anubis76x

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:03:27 AM

Please post a description of the change in the code to http://www.grumpyco.in/news/!
This will raise the value of money!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: