Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:11:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Decline of Bitcoin... Really Decentralized? Viewpoint as an Iranian  (Read 344 times)
mmahdim (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 04:41:48 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2019, 08:34:11 PM by mmahdim

We don't want terrorists on this forum.

I agree. Islamic countries and countries with 'stan' on it should be banned from cryptocurrencies.
What do you know about the so-called "Islamic countries"? How many of them have you been to? The things you think you know about us is just media propaganda.
I hope the series that IndigoTraveler just made on his travel to Iran could help open your eyes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U3-7Ey3siA&list=PLN0FlxE6vY5BJbDJiGWk0gG00c2E07BSF
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2019, 11:05:53 PM

bitcoin is no less dezentralised than any other financial tool,

the association of the big bitcoin miners and bitcoin whales is defacto bitcoins centre

TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 03:15:32 PM

I'm not into electronics but IC as in integrated circuit? You have to buy even that from abroad?! Isn't that like a very basic part?  Shocked

I suppose even crypto can't help when you can't get the goods in in the first place. Googled DHL, so that means they only do local deliveries there in Iran?
There are both general purpose ICs which could be found inside the country for real cheap (even maybe cheaper than in AliExpress, because some of the merchants import the goods first and then the value of the currency decreases and they still have to sell them in the former exchange rate to just get rid of them) and the other ICs that are not that common which as I said need to be ordered from overseas.
And this is only one simple example, effects of the sanctions could be seen in many fields. medical instruments, transportations especially aircraft, etc.
DHL doesn't do any operations in Iran anymore, we have the national post for local deliveries and for international ones I don't have any idea how is that possible.

Hmm... Do you still regularly travel abroad? Maybe you can take advantage of this. How hard is it to send bitcoins to each other there? Maybe you can have a page where people can place orders and they'd have to pay you in bitcoins.

This would be like the setup you mentioned earlier except you are directly growing your cryptofund instead of taking fiat which you said you fear would further depreciate as Trump continues his trade war.

mmahdim (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 05:23:15 PM

Hmm... Do you still regularly travel abroad? Maybe you can take advantage of this. How hard is it to send bitcoins to each other there? Maybe you can have a page where people can place orders and they'd have to pay you in bitcoins.

This would be like the setup you mentioned earlier except you are directly growing your cryptofund instead of taking fiat which you said you fear would further depreciate as Trump continues his trade war.
I do travel abroad for like once a year at most, but many of my friends haven't been abroad ever, and most of the others that have been just had been to Iraq or Turkey for once or twice.
But yes when I travel overseas I load up my whole luggage with the parts that I need Cheesy
Sending bitcoins to each other is not a problem but some payment systems that let you make payment pages also ban us, like BitPay. I should design and program my own payment webpage from scratch if needed. Anyways thanks for sharing your ideas.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: