Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:00:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 10,000 $ Scam, please advise.  (Read 989 times)
got_scammed (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 10:40:04 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2019, 10:34:49 AM by got_scammed
Merited by LoyceV (1), DireWolfM14 (1)

I worked all my life very hard to earn money, decided to quit the job and be financially free.
I got into crypto to make money. I followed some of the great youtube channels to learn all great information.
one night i went out, watched a movie in theatre and came back home. It was around 1 am, i got a youtube notification from youtube channel i was following, i was reading the comments of the video where a scammer posted a comment saying, there is a free crypto giveaway happening right now from one of the biggest crypto companies, go and participate as soon as possible as it is closing in a hour. The scammer used the exact profile picture of the youtube channel content creator i love to watch, and the channel name is also the same. so, i thought this guy was providing valuable information to get great benefits. The scammer left a comment to go and make use of the opportunity right now, and the same scammer used different accounts to reply to that comment saying thank you it helped a lot, there was a link he posted. I went to that site and it asked me to donate the crypto first as a process of verification, and they will use the same sender details to send the crypto back, what they offered was 1:10 gains, i sent all my crypto expecting 10x returns, waited an hour, two hours, three hours but i didn't get my crypto back.
i started to get really worried and went back to the channel to see the comment again but i noticed it was deleted, i was shocked.
I realised this seems very fishy, i contacted the actual youtube content creator that i sent my crypto as per the post and i am still waiting,
He responded saying that it was a scammer who posted the comment using his name and profile picture with all positive comments, i couldn't believe it first, i cried all night, felt ashamed, hated myself, didn't share with anyone because people around me will defintely make fun of me, ever since i really can't trust anyone while talking directly or internet, ALL i Did was TRUSTING SOMEONE which bought me to this situation.
I thought i will be financially free but now i am in huge loss and i had suicide thoughts, I hate to live in this world.
WHY humans are so dangerous, i still cant understand, I live alone now don't feel like talking to friends or family. I hated God for bringing me to earth to be around such scammers, sorry for my long post, I wish i had not watched that youtube video that night.

If anyone can provide help on this, I would be happy to help you with some money or crypto.

Name of the scam website: http://eth-now.com

My transaction details proof: https://etherscan.io/tx/0xa18333c22e45ac91179e217d8977119bd1055e3bd490fa9c6178580d6b4eaa1f

https://etherscan.io/tx/0xccf26f0abbbbcfdb1f081f089d0a47baf495c4ceea9818454686e50c13bc2132

This is the proof that i have sent 32 ethereum to that address in the link https://eth-now.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** I would be incredibly thankful if you wish to donate, even 1 cent worth can help me a lot in this situation. Thanks for reading and God bless you all.

Ethereum:

0x46592e9E639aCb4479C21b0D46D9Ea4b04b1609c

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 10:55:43 AM

I worked all my life very hard to earn money, decided to quit the job and be financially free.
I got into crypto to make money. I followed some of the great youtube channels to learn all great information.
one night i went out, watched a movie in theatre and came back home. It was around 1 am, i got a youtube notification from youtube channel i was following, i was reading the comments of the video where a scammer posted a comment saying, there is a free crypto giveaway happening right now from one of the biggest crypto companies, go and participate as soon as possible as it is closing in a hour. The scammer used the exact profile picture of the youtube channel content creator i love to watch, and the channel name is also the same. so, i thought this guy was providing valuable information to get great benefits. The scammer left a comment to go and make use of the opportunity right now, and the same scammer used different accounts to reply to that comment saying thank you it helped a lot, there was a link he posted. I went to that site and it asked me to donate the crypto first as a process of verification, and they will use the same sender details to send the crypto back, what they offered was 1:10 gains, i sent all my crypto expecting 10x returns, waited an hour, two hours, three hours but i didn't get my crypto back.
i started to get really worried and went back to the channel to see the comment again but i noticed it was deleted, i was shocked.
I realised this seems very fishy, i contacted the actual youtube content creator that i sent my crypto as per the post and i am still waiting,
He responded saying that it was a scammer who posted the comment using his name and profile picture with all positive comments, i couldn't believe it first, i cried all night, felt ashamed, hated myself, didn't share with anyone because people around me will defintely make fun of me, ever since i really can't trust anyone while talking directly or internet, ALL i Did was TRUSTING SOMEONE which bought me to this situation.
I thought i will be financially free but now i am in huge loss and i had suicide thoughts, I hate to live in this world.
WHY humans are so dangerous, i still cant understand, I live alone now don't feel like talking to friends or family. I hated God for bringing me to earth to be around such scammers, sorry for my long post, I wish i had not watched that youtube video that night.

If anyone can provide help on this, I would be happy to help you with some money or crypto.

My transaction details proof: https://etherscan.io/tx/0xa18333c22e45ac91179e217d8977119bd1055e3bd490fa9c6178580d6b4eaa1f

https://etherscan.io/tx/0xccf26f0abbbbcfdb1f081f089d0a47baf495c4ceea9818454686e50c13bc2132

This is the proof that i have sent 32 ethereum to that address in the link https://eth-now.com/

Perhaps law enforcement could help you with this. I am not sure what to say, except, as you probably know, there is no such thing as free money, or an immediate 10x return. Even assuming it was your favorite Youtuber, that's not grounds for putting so much trust in a person - anyone can be a thief or psychopath and seem otherwise normal. The fact is you got greedy and didn't think. Anyway, like I said, maybe law enforcement can provide some assistance, and perhaps other members here can point you in the right direction.
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2019, 10:58:09 AM

<...>
You should immediately remove the URL of the site, as it is already marked as a phishing site (quote it or remove the domain if you want to reference it):
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/b146449ae3e5875fece25ffcbe45f8adb38171453118563b7e1691ab1d3298ae/detection.

Besides what you explained in the OP is not really a case centred on wrongfully trusting someone, but I would place more emphasis on how being gullible brings upon this sort of situations. There a many threads all over where this sort of situation is explained: Money/BTC/ETH does not grow on trees, and you simply cannot believe you are going to make tenfold for nothing overnight.  

xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 11:04:50 AM

This is why you should really be cautious on what you are doing in the internet ,
Don't believe anything you saw on it learn to do your own research and of course always check the site if it is legit or not.
I am sorry but I think your case would really be helpless you should just move on and take this as a lesson for the future.
You decided to quit your job for this but you missed the point that you need to learn a lot in order to make money from the internet.

got_scammed (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 11:06:46 AM

@pushups44

You can call me greedy that's fine, I thought give aways are common in crypto as they do like air drop, didn't do much research. I just believed my youtube content creator.
I am from third world country, crypto is not legal here. Not sure how to proceed with law enforcement.

But i really appreciate you my friend  for the response,
pushups44

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 11:09:38 AM

This is why you should really be cautious on what you are doing in the internet ,
Don't believe anything you saw on it learn to do your own research and of course always check the site if it is legit or not.
I am sorry but I think your case would really be helpless you should just move on and take this as a lesson for the future.
You decided to quit your job for this but you missed the point that you need to learn a lot in order to make money from the internet.

This case illustrates that crypto is still very much the Wild West, and for some reason people tend to put their guard down. I think one reason is that scammers create pretty webpages and convince people of their legitimacy based on their technical skills. The crypto community needs to do more to educate the public about these things, though of course there will always be predators like the scammer in this case.
pushups44

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 11:12:51 AM

@pushups44

You can call me greedy that's fine, I thought give aways are common in crypto as they do like air drop, didn't do much research. I just believed my youtube content creator.
I am from third world country, crypto is not legal here. Not sure how to proceed with law enforcement.

But i really appreciate you my friend  for the response,

Yeah, like others said you will just have to chalk this up as a major loss and life lesson. I don't know what else to say. It's not going to be easy for someone in a third world country rebuilding $10,000.

It could have happened to many of us. This case illustrates the dangers in this industry.
got_scammed (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 11:26:35 AM

@pushups44

Thanks for understanding, you are right it's quite tough to make money here.
I can't share this experience with my friends or family or police because it's not legal so i kept it confidential.
Nobody understands my pain, so i decided to post here to seek some help.
i will wait if there is something which can be done here, or i will be living the rest of my life seeing Ethereum going up and up and dying with shame.
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2019, 11:45:40 AM

The site’s whois shows that the domain was created this month, clearly to scam, and is a recurrent scheme that is used for which people will unavoidably always fall for, not due to it’s sophistication, but rather more for the alleged chance to get a quick and immense ROI.

The site has already changed the “contributing” ETH address, and now displays a different one, with a balance of nearly 4 ETH (meaning people are still falling for it). The ETH address you sent to has now moved all 41,7 accumulated ETH to a different address, and unless the scammers do something really stupid which ties any of the used addresses with a real person, it’s not going to be really perusable.

Note: As I stated before, please quote the site’s URL in the OP to avoid people clicking the link.
lightlord
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3226
Merit: 1226

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2019, 11:50:04 AM
Merited by LoyceV (1)

@pushups44

Thanks for understanding, you are right it's quite tough to make money here.
I can't share this experience with my friends or family or police because it's not legal so i kept it confidential.
Nobody understands my pain, so i decided to post here to seek some help.
i will wait if there is something which can be done here, or i will be living the rest of my life seeing Ethereum going up and up and dying with shame.

Anyone, even the best of us can get scammed, but following strict policies, of never sending 1st, and always utilizing escrow, minimizes the risk, however, a few years back, one of the most trusted escrow agent, even decided to pull a quick one. It happens, but being 99.999% safe is better than 0%.

However, in cases like this, should follow common sense here. There is no such thing as a $10,000 for a $100,000 crypto return instantly. That is almost certainly 99.999% a scam. Even if the person appears extremely trustworthy, it's too good to be true. Using that logic, you'd never send in for that 10x hope to gain a deal, no matter the person. Who knows, maybe that person's account got hacked, or it's an account that appears almost exactly as that user, etc.

Next time be more careful.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
IPVPIRL

Activity: 192
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 01:57:07 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2019, 02:34:13 PM by IPVPIRL

I read your post and I felt bad as I hate these scams and I'm always trying to expose them. Still don't give up hope and don't feel guilty about it.

Every single person has been scammed at least once in his life in some way. Most will try to hide it if possible, thinking they can reduce the damage or the ridicule. You did the right thing creating awareness on this scam after the financial loss you have suffered.

There are various scams that can actually find someone in a weak moment. Trust me everyone has moments like these. Just go outside and run for a few miles. See the world and the people and don't get desperate. You will notice good people out there. I think you still might be young so you should be able to find a job really soon and in notime you will get there again. The easiest money I've made was from my day job. I made from trading but I lost my sleep. I made from gambling but I almost lost my sanity. Realize that there is no actual easy money.
Keep working and don't listen too much to youtubers as they are starting to annoy me once again with their opportunistic mentality. Still you can't blame them for these scams.

This is the only help I can provide. You probably can't recover this amount. The only one you could contact is your local police station and they will guide you through some standard procedure of pressing charges.

Please be careful as scammers might try to con you again so it is better not to make offers like this on the internet.
got_scammed (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 04:55:51 PM

I have a couple of questions on this

1. is there a way to investigate to find the actual owner of the website, may be some professionals.
2. if police catches these scam guys at any point of time, will i have a chance to get my crypto back.
3. if the above two are not possible, is there a way to get rid of the site in order for other people getting into the trap

Thanks.
Dig Bicks

Activity: 348
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 04:59:55 PM

I have a couple of questions on this

1. is there a way to investigate to find the actual owner of the website, may be some professionals.
2. if police catches these scam guys at any point of time, will i have a chance to get my crypto back.
3. if the above two are not possible, is there a way to get rid of the site in order for other people getting into the trap

Thanks.

Its just money man, there are more important things in life, let it go
DireWolfM14
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 4238

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2019, 05:03:48 PM

I'm sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine being burned for everything I've worked for.  It must be absolutely devastating.  But not all is lost.  Money is only material, and it sounds like it's time to go back to work.

WHY humans are so dangerous

Greed.  Ironically this is the same reason you fell for the scam.  You expected to get 10 times the money back that you sent, and were blinded by your greed.  I'm sorry you had to learn such an expensive lesson, but thank you for sharing your experience.  You may have saved someone else from suffering the same fate.

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
███                         ███
 ███                       ███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ▀███▄▄             ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▄▄▄░█▀░█░██░▐█▌░██░█░▀█░▄▄▄
██▀░░░░▀██░▐█▌░██▀░░░░▀██
▀██
█████▄███▀▀██▀▀███▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
█████████████LEADING CRYPTO SPORTSBOOK & CASINO█████████████
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
Dig Bicks

Activity: 348
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 05:05:37 PM

Money is just another material object, remember no matter how rich you are we will all die eventually.
got_scammed (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 05:20:04 PM

@DireWolfM14

I am new to crypto space, i thought the companies would crypto once in while just like they do air drops, so i didn't think much.
If i had been in space for long, i would have not fallen into this.

That's my honest answer.

Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 07:44:20 PM

It's hard to tell the truth but to be frank you got fooled by your own greed, clearly a 1:10 payout is an obvious scam even the world's best portfolio managers couldn't come up with those numbers. You just got blinded on what you think is an easy money for you. Online scams like this one barely even leaves any kind of footprint behind and you really had nothing to work on besides a website domain name that is just a month old and also the Youtube account who posted the scam. Even if you get a lawyer you'll just spend more money on a slow moving case. The only thing you will gain from this is a lesson from your mistake, your hard earned money is gone because you believed in them easily.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
got_scammed (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 06:30:43 AM

@Theb

yes, i am fooled because i didn't think logically and i just believed my favorite youtube content creator was helping the community.

but thanks for the reply.
game-protect

Activity: 1344
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 09:25:29 AM

First you want free x10 for your ETH and now you want free help to get it bacK?

When you had a job, did you work for free as well?

Are you Freeman?

If you rely on signature spammers to get this scam solved, good luck!
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 3165

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2019, 09:32:58 AM

I'm very sorry for your loss, not a small amount.
this script has existed for a long time, the first time I saw her a few years ago. Unfortunately, I see you're not the only one scammed by there.
You can report this website to Namecheap domain register. His user registered this domain, probably they will suspend this domain. Report your "trusted" Youtuber if you think that he was an accomplice.
Also, can you post here link to this Youtube video or channel?
That is important, somebody can save his money.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████