Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:32:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading the No Nonsense (Forex) Way  (Read 248 times)
butka (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 06:30:29 PM

This post is for those people who would like to trade using a well defined system, without relying on guessing, intuition, or gambling.

While it probably won't appeal to the "price action experts" that make huge returns of more than 1000% for a month or so, I hope if could be useful for beginners who struggle with trading and often lose their entire accounts.

This is a slow system that doesn't promise huge returns, but a consistent realistic profit without taking huge risks.

What I mean by "system" in the above sentence is having a structure, that is, how you trade, how much you trade, when you trade, and when you exit your trades.

It is the closest you can get to an objective system that doesn't rely on arbitrary trendlines, or arbitrary resistance and support levels.

All credits for the trading system I'm going to present below go to VP, a professional forex prop trader. I highly recommend going to his youtube channel and checking out all of his videos. They are for Forex traders, but you can translate a lot of things to crypto as well.

The "No Nonsense" way is solely based on indicators (but it is omitting the common indicators almost everyone is using).

Please note that the NO NONSENSE FOREX system is going to give you only the structure, not the actual indicators. You should be able to find your own "non-standar" indicators and test them thoroughly before engage in trading!

Here is how this system looks like.

You trade the Daily Time Frame. Why? Because this enables you to avoid most of the market manipulations, and at the same time, you can trade for only half an hour each day. You are not glued to the computer screen if you trade this way.

Algorithm

1. ATR

2. Baseline.

3. Confirmation Indicator

4. Volume Indicator

5. Second Confirmation Indicator

6. Exit Indicator

Here are some more details about the algorithm:

1. ATR

The Average True Range (ATR- 14 period) is the heart of the system. It defines your stop loss and take profit levels.

ATR, in fact, defines your entire money management strategy.

When you enter a trade set your stop 1.5 ATR below (for longs) or above (for shorts) the entry point.

Your first take profit level is at 1.0 ATR.

Once the price reaches 1.0 ATR,

a) you sell 50% of your trade there and
b) move your stop loss to break even position. At this point, you know for sure you haven't lost in this trade.

You leave the remaining 50% of funds active on the exchange until your exit indicator tells you to exit. This leaves your trade ample opportunity to bring you a lot of money, but you are sure now you cannot possibly lose.

Imortant: You have to calculate how much you are risking with every trade. The amount should be 1 to 2% of your entire account. No more than that. So, should 1.5 ATR (your stop loss level) be triggered, you should lose no more than 2 percent of your entire funds.

Example: The following chart shows the BTC/USD chart:

As you can see, the current ATR is around 160. If you were to ENTER LONG at this particular point at 1BTC = 8850 USD, your stop loss would be at 8850-240=8610 and your first take profit level would be at 8850+160=9010.

2. Baseline

Your baseline should define the overall sentiment of the market: bullish or bearish.

When the price is over your baseline, you should take ONLY LONGS, when the other indicators tell you to do so.

When the price is under your baseline, you should take ONLY SHORTS.

Example: Just as an example, the baseline should be, say, EMA, TRIMA, SMA or a similar indicator that can show you whether to take long or short positions.

3. Confirmation Indicator

A confirmation indicator should be your main entry indicator. When it gives you a signal, you enter a trade.

Example: Just as an example, Aroon Up/Dn, or SSL channel, or something similar.

4. Volume Indicator

A volume indicator should be able to tell you whether or not there is enough volume in the market. If there is no volume, you shouldn't enter the trade, even though the other indicators say so.

Example: Just as an example, this indicator could be something like "Waddah attar explosion", "Better volume", KVO, or something similar.

5. Second Confirmation Indicator

In parallel to your main indicator, you should have additional entry confirmation. This feature is sometimes called confluence. Here is where the second confirmation indicator enters the picture.

The second confirmation indicator should confirm the signal from the first confirmation indicator. As simple as that.

5. Exit indicator

An ideal exit indicator should give you the greatest possible profit before the market turns the other way.

It should also prevent from triggering your stop loss in most cases, so you exit before that happens and you save money.

Example: Just as an example, you can try using something like "Haiken Ashi" or "Relative Vigor Index".

Conclusion

There are many nuances in this trading system, especially how to go and what to do when the price crosses the baseline. There are many additional rules that tell you when to trade and when not to trade in such situations. For simplicity, I have omitted those rules. If you are serious about trading this way, you should go to the no-nonsense website here: https://nononsenseforex.com/ and to the corresponding youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8IRYpgBr4NGbaQFnd2b-A and study this system in details.

If you decide to use this system after studying the original materials, don't forget to do a back-testing first. Use the tradingview charts and trade a couple of years back, as if it was a live trade.

I have been using it mostly on the BTC/USD pair. It is the only pair that resembles the forex market to an extent. All the other altcoin pairs are much too riskier and proner to manipulation.

People who use this system in trading have an active discord channel. You can search for indicators that fit in this system and ask for help there:

https://discordapp.com/invite/G437UUT

Disclaimer 1: This was my interpretation of the "No Nonsense Forex" Trading system by VP. I could be wrong in some aspects of the system, or I could have misunderstood the original ideas. You should study this system from the original source materials before using it in live trades.
Disclaimer 2: Everything given above is just for informational purposes. This material should not be thought of as an advice on financial, legal, or even trade-related nature.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
butka (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 06:45:08 PM

I read you saying you won't give out indicator, that a learner should get theirs, test it before running into trade but you did give out the indicators and even went further to explain in details.  Roll Eyes Grin
Yes you are right. But I just gave some examples, to get a feeling what people should be looking for. There should be much much better (non-standard) indicators than those I gave. So people should be encouraged to search for them.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 768

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 07:00:49 PM

I read you saying you won't give out indicator, that a learner should get theirs, test it before running into trade but you did give out the indicators and even went further to explain in details.  Roll Eyes Grin
Yes you are right. But I just gave some examples, to get a feeling what people should be looking for. There should be much much better (non-standard) indicators than those I gave. So people should be encouraged to search for them.
On a trading platform, when it comes to technical tools they are almost complete when it comes to indicators it would really just depend if you would

plan to use it or not.Forex trading specially with indicators can really be applied on crypotcurrency market too thats why we are seeing similar TA's analysis
here came from people and some of them came from forex.Btw,i appreciate on your effort on writing this up.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
milandres0207

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2020, 12:59:24 PM

Even I read all your statement topic, still, I don't understand completely it was too complicated for me to do it.
Just all I know I opened my mind and eyes into crypto trading, and doing trade in crypto is not that hard to understand.
This was based on my experience actually.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
June 24, 2020, 05:59:00 PM

Do not forget that while you are dealing at bitcoin world with the forex method, you are also risking yourself with the fact that bitcoin is decentralized and unregulated.

It is starting to get some regulations in some nations but it is still all depended on you getting caught with your trades, for one I can trade as much as I want without getting caught and being under KYC levels and still not pay a single tax if I wanted to do that, so it is still quite unregulated. At the end of the day Forex is something governments take a look at very carefully and there is no marginal movements like crypto world, sure there are some but it is never this level.

We are talking about $6k to $20k levels of increase, we are talking about $20k to $3k levels of decrease, with 100x leverages those are couple thousand to couple million dollar changes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: