Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:55:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pocket-sized Bitcoin full node that pairs with mobile - nimbleNODE  (Read 195 times)
nimbleNODE (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 09:36:47 PM
Merited by malevolent (2)

We would like to introduce the smallest Bitcoin full node around - the nimbleNODE.

Our goal is to provide a simple and affordable full node option, since many people throughout the world lack the knowledge or resources needed to run a Bitcoin full node. nimbleNODEs are a portable Bitcoin full node that focuses on simplicity, and are as affordable and customizable at it gets. Whether you need an alternative for cold storage or an option to send/receive Bitcoin securely, nimbleNODE has got you covered!

While nimbleNODE makes use of commodity hardware like the Pi and Arduino, we will be working on our own customized chips soon, that will support a wide range of node use-cases.

To check out the device and/or pre-order, visit us on the nimbleNODE site:

https://nimblenode.io/

Access through mobile (Android/iOS):

With nimbleNODE, ease of use and access is top priority. Control your nimbleNODE completely from your mobile phone in 3 simple steps.

1. Plug in the nimbleNODE device with the included power adapter
2. Download the nimbleNODE app from the App Store or the Google Play Store
3. Open the app and go through the onboarding screen to enable bluetooth and wifi

After a successful setup, you’ll be able to:

- Monitor your node status
- Send/receive BTC
- Send commands to the device (RPC)
- Use nimbleNODE as a cold wallet (similar to ledger)

The app will feel the same as any normal Bitcoin wallet would, the only difference is your transactions will be routed through your nimbleNODE instead of a random full node somewhere else.

Key Highlights:

- Controllable through a single mobile application (Android/iOS)
- Pre-synced pruned Bitcoin blockchain (4GB)
- Ability to track BTC balance as well as send/receive BTC
- Small, lightweight, and easy to bring with you anywhere
- Reduced likelihood of reindex (In case of abrupt unplugging, power outages, updating with indexing configurations, etc.)

If pre-syncing doesn’t sit well with you, we provide the option to sync down from scratch.

Included in the box:

- nimbleNODE device
- USB 5 Volt power adapter
- 16 GB SD-Card for expandable storage (next release will include miniature SSD to allow non-pruned chains)

Technical Specs:

- Dimensions: 1” Width x 2.1” Height
- Weight: 11.8 grams
- Capabilities: Bluetooth, Wireless
- ARMv6 Chip

Check out the mini-AMA we had on r/Bitcoin:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/bn0xwz/pocket_size_bitcoin_full_node/

Join the conversation:

https://twitter.com/nimbleNODE_
https://t.me/nimbleNODESupport
https://medium.com/@nimblenode

Please feel free to ask us any questions or give us feedback on what you think!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FoBoT

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 09:05:25 AM

I found your post very interesting until when I checked https://nimblenode.io/product/Bitcoin I mean your store in particular where i thought that I can store btc, bithereum and ethereum in one device but I was wrong, I feel your product though good shall be better and compete with other similar products if most coins supported can be accommodated by one device.
nimbleNODE (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 07:52:43 PM

I found your post very interesting until when I checked https://nimblenode.io/product/Bitcoin I mean your store in particular where i thought that I can store btc, bithereum and ethereum in one device but I was wrong, I feel your product though good shall be better and compete with other similar products if most coins supported can be accommodated by one device.

Thank you for your interest! It is certainly our goal to be able to have one device run multiple nodes of different chains, doubling the nimbleNODE as a multi-coin hardware wallet that doesn't require trusting a third-party, only your nodes directly.

We will certainly be adding this feature to future iterations of nimbleNODE devices, so stay in the nimbleNODE loop to find out when this is available!
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 09:59:37 PM

This looks like a very promising product. Please try to put it on product-hunt as you need more exposure. Is it possible to set-up a full-fledged payment system using this full node? If I'm planning to start accepting bitcoin payments on my website, can I back up my wallets using this node?
nimbleNODE (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 11:57:30 PM

This looks like a very promising product. Please try to put it on product-hunt as you need more exposure. Is it possible to set-up a full-fledged payment system using this full node? If I'm planning to start accepting bitcoin payments on my website, can I back up my wallets using this node?

Thank you for the positive input as well as the suggestion! We will post on product hunt in the coming days.

If you’re talking about something like BTCPayServer, this is something we plan to integrate into future iterations of nimbleNODE made specifically for businesses/individuals looking to accept payments directly to their node. It's not currently possible to install on this first version of nimbleNODE as it only comes with a 16GB sd card. BTC + BTCPayServer w/Lightning takes a minimum of 80GB (their recommended minimum requirement) so this is something that will be built-in along with Lightning and fastsync in the next model on higher-end hardware.

Having said that, you can certainly still spin up a BTCPayServer separately and use the BTC nimbleNODE device to actually receive the payments. If you are running a business and accepting crypto, it is highly recommended to a run a full node regardless and nimble is a great option for this. This way, all keys/seed phrases are fully in your possession.
wosch76
Legendary

Activity: 942
Merit: 1026

View Profile
March 06, 2020, 02:20:57 PM

any estimation for the first deliveries?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6263

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2020, 11:24:29 PM

Looks cool. Is that a RPi Zero that you are using or something else?
Would be interested if it's the Pi because I know them well enough to make other changes that I would like.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀