Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:02:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AmityCoin - Re-Launch NEW TICKER XAM [PoW] [CPU ONLY] [NO POOLS]  (Read 1971 times)
6d616e64616c

Activity: 19
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 01:38:25 PM

You should absolutely have a link to the other unofficial bitcointalk announcement so we can check history:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5065494.0

That's quite some anger the AmityCore person is writing. Is that you hooftly?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
6d616e64616c

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 02:09:28 PM

You're right, bitcointalk is like youtube comments, very simple. But another thing is funny, Amity decides to post their Re-launch, but didn't announce the original chain. Change of opinion about the impact an announcement here can have, I guess. But some will see this as not transparent, so the former miners of approx 27 million can look like ninja mining/premine.

It's not easy announcing Smiley
6d616e64616c

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 03:15:16 PM

Really trying, might need help Smiley But all in all, I agree on what you wrote above. I'm not trying to discredit any project doing good work. One should just be prepared that people will google just about anything to find dirt, so better to get it out from the beginning.
ivanovmoscow

Activity: 798
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 03:24:18 PM

Why are the rest of your team members just cartoons. That sure does not give other people confidence to invest their resource into the project. Does it?

Once we have a secret development, we have specific team members. Something like this. I pass by such projects and advise others to do the same.
Openness to community is most important.
hooftly (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 09:11:47 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2019, 02:48:10 AM by hooftly

Why are the rest of your team members just cartoons. That sure does not give other people confidence to invest their resource into the project. Does it?

Once we have a secret development, we have specific team members. Something like this. I pass by such projects and advise others to do the same.

There is no secret development.  It was not my choice to not announce on BCT but other places. This was a decision of the founders who left the project and I took over.  I decided switching bases from Turtlecoin to Monero would helps achieve our goals in the fight against pools and GPUS.  Does a coin have to announce here on BCT or its a scam?  BCT is the end all authority?

Silly Silly Logic  
hooftly (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 09:49:42 PM

You should absolutely have a link to the other unofficial bitcointalk announcement so we can check history:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5065494.0

That's quite some anger the AmityCore person is writing. Is that you hooftly?

This is not me.

This is AFAIK one of the old founders BCT Accounts.
jimboscott

Activity: 253
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:20:22 PM

There is no secret development.  It was not my choice to not announce on BCT but other places. This was a decision of the founders who left the project and I took over.  I decided switching bases from Turtlecoin to Monero would helps achieve our goals in the fight against pools and GPUS.  Does a coin have to announce here on BCT or its a scam?  BCT is the end all authority?

Silly Silly Logic  

haha nah u good Tongue
RVN for example, there was no ANN at the start, Kai, a community member (that learned about the project directly by scrolling on github) that then made the discord and wrote the first community ANN was the one sharing that on bitcointalk
i remember always almost triggering Bruce Fenton by saying things like "Overstock ninja mined RVN", which was a joke to poke him but technically, according to the bitcointalk mentality, some would consider that accurate
but it aint accurate, cause it was announced in alot of different places, event were made before launch and such

Heck, even Satoshi didn't announced on bitcointalk, he made the forum later on and the source code wasnt even on github but sourceforge it's just that some people can be very very close minded.

So yeah, don't worry, u good :3

I have never quite understood how this one forum ever got to be viewed as the de facto singular source for all things crypto-related.  And, given the high percentage of scams and attempted revivals of long-dead projects, those who DO have something of value to post here are pretty much tossing their needle into a haystack of rubble and refuse.
thin

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 08:43:33 PM

Mining for 2000 years? For me sounds too ambitious. Don't you think technology will be changed just in a few years from now? That's kind of unrealistic planning. And if overall plan in not realistic, why play in this at all?

and btw you have a copy ann https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5150844.0
hooftly (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 02:31:12 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2019, 02:59:49 PM by hooftly

Mining for 2000 years? For me sounds too ambitious. Don't you think technology will be changed just in a few years from now? That's kind of unrealistic planning. And if overall plan in not realistic, why play in this at all?

and btw you have a copy ann https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5150844.0

This is another fake ann designed to spread a virus. Thank you very much for bringing it to my attention.

The emission Period is no longer 2000 Years.

It is now 186 coins per block forever.   Other coins such as Grin have a static block reward as well and will emit forever.  Its not new nor too ambitious to want to provide a mineable currency indefinitely.  FIAT Currency does not have a cap and for Private Fungible Digital Cash to replace it we feel Crypto need to be the same.
thin

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 03:54:35 AM

This is another fake ann designed to spread a virus. Thank you very much for bringing it to my attention.

they will keep trying to make new ann. It happens many times per day with a different coins, not so widely spread, where announcement thread is small and people hear something about it, and tried to search. Hopefully you can grow your project making it easily recognizable and make it less interesting for fakes...
Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 02:40:19 AM

How to set up a miner ??

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

cryptomaxsun
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387

Ukrainians will resist

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2019, 06:37:51 AM

Russian translation. Welcome!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5151342.0

❘|❘ Cлaвa Укpaинe! ❘|❘ Glory to Ukraine! ❘|❘
❘|❘ КaPФaгeн дoлжeн быть paзpyшeн ❘|❘
hooftly (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 07:12:38 PM

Thank you very Much for this Cryptomaxsun!

Hop into the discord and we can arrange a bounty.
hooftly (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 07:13:12 PM

How to set up a miner ??

### HOW TO MINE ###

- WINDOWS

- Download the wallet:
https://github.com/CalexCore/AmityCoinV3/releases
(you can make sure that's the right link by going to the ANN on first page)
- Extract amity-v0.0.0.1_windows-x64.zip to the folder of your choice, go into that folder.
- Double click amityd.exe and let it sync
(you have to keep it open as the miner is integrated inside that daemon)
- When the daemon is fully synced, double click amity-wallet-cli.exe, follow the onscreen instructions to create your wallet.
- When you're done making the wallet, it should be opened, you can then type `start_mining 4` to mine with 4 threads
(if you have more than 4 threads, feel free to increase that number to match your CPU)

As an alternative, to have just a single window open you can also create a `mining.bat` with its content being
Code:
amityd.exe --start-mining <address> --mining-threads <threads>
replace the <address> with your address (it starts with amitThenSomeOtherCharacters) and <threads> by the number of threads you want to mine with, dont include the <>
then you can launch directly that .bat file instead and it will start to mine

- LINUX

as explained here:
https://github.com/CalexCore/AmityCoinV3/blob/master/README.md

For compiling on linux you'll need to install those dependencies:
Code:
sudo apt install git curl ca-certificates nano zip unzip tar xz-utils cmake g++ make pkg-config libtool-bin autoconf automake build-essential cmake pkg-config pcsc-tools pcscd libpcsclite1 python-dev virtualenv libudev-dev libhidapi-dev libzmq3-dev libunbound-dev libboost-all-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libusb-dev libssl-dev libsodium-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libminiupnpc-dev libunwind8-dev liblzma-dev libreadline6-dev libldns-dev libexpat1-dev libgtest-dev doxygen graphviz libhidapi-libusb0
Clone the repository:
Code:
git clone --recursive https://github.com/CalexCore/AmityCoinV3.git
Code:
cd AmityCoinV3
And you'll be able to run the builder
Code:
./builder/linux
By default it will compile using 6 threads, if you have less than that or lacking RAM, you can `nano builder/linux` and edit the line #27 by lowering the number of threads on `make -j6`, ctrl + o to save then ctrl + x to exit
Binaries will be in `/builder/build/release/bin/`
Code:
./amityd
to launch the daemon, let it sync
Code:
./amity-wallet-cli
to launch the wallet after the daemon is fully sync, follow the onscreen instruction to create the wallet then type in the wallet window:
Code:
start_mining 4
to mine with 4 threads, feel free to increase that amount if you have more threads
you can type in both the amityd and amity-wallet-cli windows
Code:
help
and it will gives you all the list of commands that you can type in that specific window

KaylaSu you are the best thank you for this.
About20Ninjas

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 07:23:46 PM

That's a lot of fucking....
True that. Don't think it was necessary and possibly will drive a few people out to some other projects. Even if this one looks pretty promising, though. And yes, this is a proper Satoshi's Vision IMHO, not the BSV shite, nor the guy pretending to be Satoshi himself.
Achargeturry78

Activity: 630
Merit: 267

Just follow the rules

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 07:37:47 AM

I would like to clarify things from you, why is it fixed blocked reward? Does this affect the mining difficulty when a lot of miners will join the run and also it is an unusual cryptonight idea without emissions thing. Hope you understand my point of this. And hoping to get clarifications and satisfactory answers.
hooftly (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 09:35:03 AM

I would like to clarify things from you, why is it fixed blocked reward? Does this affect the mining difficulty when a lot of miners will join the run and also it is an unusual cryptonight idea without emissions thing. Hope you understand my point of this. And hoping to get clarifications and satisfactory answers.

Its our belief that emission on CN coins heavily favors early miners and discourages new ones from joining the network as they feel its already to late.  WIth a fixed block reward, it is our belief that this perception will somewhat be alleviated as miners entering 6 months from now will receive the same block reward as someone who mined from the start.

We are all about Fair Mining and believe this assists in the endeavor.
Achargeturry78

Activity: 630
Merit: 267

Just follow the rules

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 12:31:21 AM

Its our belief that emission on CN coins heavily favors early miners and discourages new ones from joining the network as they feel its already to late.  WIth a fixed block reward, it is our belief that this perception will somewhat be alleviated as miners entering 6 months from now will receive the same block reward as someone who mined from the start.

We are all about Fair Mining and believe this assists in the endeavor.

Thanks for the thoughtful clarifications on my question. Yeah, I agree with you on why new adapters to an old coin will be a factor on mining. Anyways Goodluck on reviving the project.
gold969

Activity: 1330
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 02:48:00 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2019, 03:23:23 AM by gold969

How to set up a miner ??

### HOW TO MINE ###

- WINDOWS

- Download the wallet:
- Extract amity-v0.0.0.1_windows-x64.zip to the folder of your choice, go into that folder.
- When the daemon is fully synced, double click amity-wallet-cli.exe, follow the onscreen instructions to create your wallet.
- When you're done making the wallet, it should be opened, you can then type `start_mining 4` to mine with 4 threads
(if you have more than 4 threads, feel free to increase that number to match your CPU)

As an alternative, to have just a single window open you can also create a `mining.bat` with its content being
Code:
replace the <address> with your address (it starts with amitThenSomeOtherCharacters) and <threads> by the number of threads you want to mine with, dont include the <>

- LINUX

and it will gives you all the list of commands that you can type in that specific window

Hello, could you tell me please in than I have can be mistake,

- Double click amityd.exe and let it sync ...  SYNCHRONIZED OK
 - When the daemon is fully synced, double click amity-wallet-cli.exe, follow the onscreen instructions to create your wallet....  is this where my window closes right after I open it??
 https://wallet.getamitycoin.org/   this page won't open for me

hooftly (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 07:32:39 PM

How to set up a miner ??

### HOW TO MINE ###

- WINDOWS

- Download the wallet:

Code:

- LINUX

Hello, could you tell me please in than I have can be mistake,

- Double click amityd.exe and let it sync ...  SYNCHRONIZED OK
 - When the daemon is fully synced, double click amity-wallet-cli.exe, follow the onscreen instructions to create your wallet....  is this where my window closes right after I open it??
 https://wallet.getamitycoin.org/   this page won't open for me

wallet.getamitycoin.org was our web wallet for the old chain.  A new Web Wallet is being worked on but is not live yet.

as for your wallet issue it would help if you tried to open it from within a terminal so we can see what error its displying before closing.  Do you know how to use the Windows CMD CLI at all?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: