Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:55:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who Controls your Crypto Funds after Death?  (Read 1019 times)
Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 01:31:32 PM

I have typed up instructions for my wife and parents on how to access and use my crypto funds in the case that something happened to me.   It is sealed and put away in 2 fireproof safes. 
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ongkok87

Activity: 1120
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 07:38:54 AM

Preparing people who understand cryptocurrency is one of my reasons when I do experience things that I don't want. if possible, your wife or someone you trust knows about a number of funds and also assets owned in digital or others. because if it's not difficult for ordinary people to be able to detect or know it . and if this happens our funds will settle forever
masulum
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1592

hmph..

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2019, 07:54:32 AM

-snip-
-snip- 

You both made a good decision, our family, especially parents, are the right people to have our crypto assets after we die. Also wife, he gave his life to us, I think giving crypto access to him to be handled after we die, that is the best decision too, especially if we have children.
ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 12:32:17 PM

this is very serious question you have raised
shame on me, but I have not thought about it at all!
if anything happens to me, all my crypto active will be lost, I'm afraid Shocked
I think I should speak with my wife and teach her about crypto and that is a very tough task, cause she just knows nothing about it ((

sad
finzyoj

Activity: 644
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 12:40:50 PM

Chill dude, don't be so rude to yourself. We're the same, so far I'm not yet thinking about who should I give my holdings before I die. I just live my life right now and enjoying the profits I can make. Maybe when the time I  feel that I'm already getting closer to heaven is the right time to pass my assets I guess Grin. Not thinking the day of your death is normal anyways Smiley. I hope it will take few more decades before it happens.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2019, 01:07:53 PM

Chill dude, don't be so rude to yourself. We're the same, so far I'm not yet thinking about who should I give my holdings before I die. I just live my life right now and enjoying the profits I can make. Maybe when the time I  feel that I'm already getting closer to heaven is the right time to pass my assets I guess Grin. Not thinking the day of your death is normal anyways Smiley. I hope it will take few more decades before it happens.

i have been thinking about it too but always erase it in my mind. i could die with it and if no one discovers where in my drive are the passwords and private keys are, its going to be buried along with me. i have a kid also, my wife and her parents insist that we live in their hometown and its where i live now with them. in case something happen to me, they can survive.  i gave her some coins though and told her not to spend it.
walerikus

Activity: 180
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2019, 06:35:52 PM

Create a secret place where you will store your private keys. Tell someone you trust to open that place in case you die.
sportclub2010

Activity: 1582
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 22, 2021, 12:44:56 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2021, 01:11:53 PM by sportclub2010

Probably keeping private keys/recovery phrase with instructions how to claim it in a vault sounds like a best idea. But still, I have doubts about it. Crypto for people without any knowledge about it is very complicated thing. So, these instructions how to take coins should be very clear that my family members would understand everything. Because now I'm failing to explain even some basic things about crypto sometimes.
I think it is better to record video instructions: 1. Entering the wallet 2. How to transfer funds to the exchange 3. How to sell them there. 4. How to withdraw fiat currency to a bank card 5. Write where the keys from crypto-wallets will be stored.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: