Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:39:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer L3+ SSH Restored  (Read 502 times)
Plumpkatt1 (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 04:52:44 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2019, 06:35:37 PM by Plumpkatt1

Just got my antminer powered up today.Was hoping to try bliss firmware but couldnt get past the security check. So I went to Bitmains site and downloaded a recovery sd card image and booted from it. Now I have the latest firmware and no ssh access. So I tried downgrading to the other older firmware they have on their website and It downgraded but I still have no ssh access and cant flash to another 3rd party firmware.

What can I do?

EDIT: I just succeeded at getting my ssh back. Still struggling with getting bliss firmware installed.

Does anyone have an SD card image you could offer to me to I can revert this back to being able to have ssh access and allowing me the ability to flash a 3rd party firmware please......

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Plumpkatt1 (OP)

Activity: 64

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 06:24:14 PM

Well, I got my ssh back and managed to get AsicFW.io firmware installed. I used this img file to write the sd card using win32 disk imager. Then I put the sd card in the L3+ and booted it up. It then allowed me to install the AsicFW firmware from the upgrade tab and restored my ssh. But I havent been able to get my bliss to install but it could be my bliss download. Anhow, below is my shareable link from my gogle drive with the image I used to fix everything.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dlXu1TbQlot3SdKpR2VGpLBe8mKXeFmu
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2019, 08:20:34 PM

It's not safe to download firmware image from asicfw[.]io it's not a well-known website and someone promoting this website here on the forum with one high rank member feedback about this firmware but it is still not safe to use firmware came from other sources.

If you want to flash your L3+ with bliss firmware you need to downgrade your firmware from 2019 to 2018 firmware but since you already flash it with different firmware try to flash it again through SD card but different program.

You can follow the official method from Bitmain for safety purposes from here L3, L3 + and L3++ Control Board Program Recovery

After you flash it through SD card recovery flash it again with this firmware "Antminer-L3+-201811131346-384M.tar.gz" through web GUI.

Now you have lower version of L3+ miner which is SSH enabled now you can flash it again with bliss firmware through web  GUI the procedure is provided from their official thread from here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2694602.0

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dutchlincoln

Activity: 434
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 04:34:47 PM

is there anyone that has the original firmwares of the L3+ downloaded? I want to have all the firmwares that still enable ssh. Anyone? Thanks.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2019, 05:30:05 PM

is there anyone that has the original firmwares of the L3+ downloaded? I want to have all the firmwares that still enable ssh. Anyone? Thanks.

You can try this one https://support.bitmain.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000216034-L3-L3-and-L3-Control-Board-Program-Recovery
You can also use this if you accidentally flash it with the latest firmware which is SSH disabled.

Also check this link https://service.bitmain.com/support/download?product=AntMiner%20L3%2B
You can find the firmware there with 2018 it is ssh enabled don't flash it with 2019 firmware which is SSH disabled.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dutchlincoln

Activity: 434
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 04:21:17 AM

unfortunately only security firmware there...
SlaitX

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 09:34:15 AM

Plumpkatt1
I prepare Zip and add all information (Russian Lang)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3WxbV29k4A&t=65s

You need Antminer-L3+-201811131346-384M.tar.gz
mihacrypto

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 08:42:02 PM

on the L3 device a lot of different firmwares, I flashed my devices and glad. I want to ask if anyone had any firmware on the antminer D5? can't find it

Twitter  - | -  Facebook  - | -  LinkeedIn     _____________   Bamboo - Insurance for Everyone   ____________    YouTube  - | -  Instagram  - | -  Bitcointalk
experience242

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 03:46:56 AM

I just went through this. How I got it to finally install correctly is the sd card method for board recovery that is posted in the thread. boot up from sd card. remove sdcard while it is on. Flash through web interface with the old L3 (not the + version) firmware that is on the bitmain website. (Antminer-L3-201704271449-384M.tar.gz)
Then flash the bliss firmware and it will work.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 10:11:13 AM

I just went through this. How I got it to finally install correctly is the sd card method for board recovery that is posted in the thread. boot up from sd card. remove sdcard while it is on. Flash through web interface with the old L3 (not the + version) firmware that is on the bitmain website. (Antminer-L3-201704271449-384M.tar.gz)
Then flash the bliss firmware and it will work.

According to blissfirmware official thread it won't work if you flash the L3+ with non plus firmware.

Bitmain removed the other firmware from their download page for l3+ so I think the board recovery is enough for L3+ just make sure after successfully flash the miner with SD card image fully factory reset the miner by holding the IP reporter/reset button for 15 seconds.

After factory reset, you can flash it with blissz firmware through web interface.

This method should work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: