Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:16:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2019-06-01]US, Japan Top Sources of Traffic to Crypto Exchanges Globally: Study  (Read 152 times)
Vladdirescu87 (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 264

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 08:08:17 PM

The United States is the top source of traffic to cryptocurrency exchanges globally, Cointelegraph Japan reported on June 1.

The research was released by crypto news outlet The Block on May 31. The study shows that 24.5% of the total traffic directed to crypto exchanges originates in the U.S. Japan came in second, with 10% of the total traffic, while South Korea got about 6.5% and Indonesia about 4.5%.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/us-japan-top-sources-of-traffic-to-crypto-exchanges-globally-study

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 03:56:58 AM

The top three countries (USA, Japan, South Korea) are not anymore surprising to me since cryptocurrency activities in these countries are already intense even if USA there are many limitations but trading with exchanges is still booming anyway. I am a little surprise with Indonesia because I am aware that the government is not fully amenable to cryptocurrency though I think there is no clear-cut ban policy yet implemented. I could just imagine if India and Russia will be opening their doors, there would really be a big boom of crypto-related activities globally.
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1792

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2019, 04:37:42 AM

I am a little surprise with Indonesia because I am aware that the government is not fully amenable to cryptocurrency though I think there is no clear-cut ban policy yet implemented.

Bitcoin and crypto are considered digital assets. You can trade it on exchanges legally. But you can't use them to pay/buy services/goods here. It's clear-cut already. Since months ago.

Btw:

Still, as The Block points out, some countries — for instance China — block access to cryptocurrency exchanges and users from those places usually access them through Virtual Private Networks (VPNs). VPNs mask users’ IP addresses, making them appear as if they were from another country, decreasing the accuracy of this study.
Source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/us-japan-top-sources-of-traffic-to-crypto-exchanges-globally-study

Don't think too much of this. It's possible most of those traffics comes from VPN.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 914

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 04:52:42 AM

Not surprising at all.The USA is the Number 1 traffic source by geo-location for most niches.
The term "traffic source" is used wrongly.I would use demographic or traffic by locaiton.
Traffic sources are the websites that generate web traffic towards crypto trading platforms-like social media platforms and search engines.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: