Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:44:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: after updated NVOC - not possible to open screen  (Read 140 times)
Bmoop (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 09:23:38 AM

Hi all,

after i did big update for NVOC - I cant open the screen to miner-machine.
If I want open the screen then I get follow massage
"There is no screen to be attached matching miner"

If I open over browser then I get follow massage
"Gpu Count: NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn't communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running."
and
"GPU Utilization: NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn't communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running."

Cards are 8 * GTX1060

Please, can me anyone say, how I can install the lastest NVIDIA driver? And will this fix this problem/message?

Many thx for you help!
elda34b

Activity: 910
Merit: 351

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 09:43:23 AM

That error basically means that your computer can't find the drivers for your graphic cards, and most of the time it happens because of there are driver conflicts. Based on this thread[1], there are several things that you could do:
- Remove all Nvidia related drivers and start the installation from the beginning using official drivers
- Downgrade the kernel
- Use network deb installation from a fresh OS

Based on the feedback, it looks like the last option works most of the time. So you'll probably need to reinstall your NVOC os and then do network deb installation for the drivers.

[1] https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1000340/cuda-setup-and-installation/-quot-nvidia-smi-has-failed-because-it-couldn-t-communicate-with-the-nvidia-driver-quot-ubuntu-16-04/4
Bmoop (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 05:31:42 PM

I did try...

sudo apt install --reinstall nvidia-410

and

sudo apt install nvidia-418

I get for both actions the message "Unable to locate package....."

What do you mean with network deb installation?
I did try also to download current OS but the download has always errors on unzipp.

I think I need a fool-proof description  Huh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: