Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:58:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Bitcoin Has Taught Us About Human Nature  (Read 2708 times)
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:32:10 PM

... 2017 or 2018 it will be kind of too late. An anonymous coin will have already taken over because the wealthy are going to need an anonymous coin to avoid the massive government confiscation coming as the economy implodes.

Beware of fake "anonymous coin" with back doors.  Shocked

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:46:34 PM

I'm asking the moderators to stop anonymint from constantly linking to his self serving thread, as it is against the posted forum rules.

I have the right to inject factual information.

You want to inhibit factual discussion. You are a rabid Rottweiler stalking me every where I post. And I don't even post in 5% of the threads.

I will report you for stalking. That is a crime.

Report me while you are at it - cos I too am sick of your endless bollocks.

WTF is a man who believes BTC to be flawed/not up to the job etc. doing on BitcoinTalk ? Trying to help save us all from ourselves ?

You aren't a genius - and you aren't bringing anything to the table.

Start up another forum - call it "WhyIknowBetter.org" - live happily ever after. Post to your hearts content.

Cos at the minute you are single handedly trashing this forum.

Moderators take note.  The poster called anonymint continues to promote his own thread and link to it
from numerous other threads, much to the annoyance of the community, and in clear violation of the "do not post off topic replies" rule stated here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=14356.0

CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 10:26:55 PM

Bitcoin offered free, anonymous money that held the promise of freeing us from the tyranny that stems from state issued and state mandated currencies.

And it failed. It failed because in the end most people didn't want to use and accept it in commerce to liberate themselves from the chains of state issued currency. What people wanted was not to use bit coins to buy and sell, but instead to buy hoard and sell the bitcoins themselves in hopes of getting rich.

It failed because, at our core, none of us really wanted freedom, and privacy in our economic transactions, all we wanted was speculations and more money.

Bitcoin is proof once again that people don't care about liberty, they care about wealth. And they will always sacrifice liberty for money.

The failure of bitcoin rests in it's fundamental belief that people wanted to be free. People don't want to be free, they want fast cars, big houses, and easy money.

A technology still in its infancy shouldn't be called a failure.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:35:15 PM

Let's not jump to conclusions, it just shows us that some people take time to recognize innovative new technology that is disruptive can actually change the status quo for the better.

So you think the masses are going to rise up and say "99% versus 1%, so let's dump our credit cards and use Bitcoin"?

I could see that possibly happening AFTER the global economic collapse that should start to collapse in 2016.

So maybe by about 2017 or 2018, they might start to make that transition in understanding. Right now, they are boiling frogs still in wonderland.

But by 2017 or 2018 it will be kind of too late. An anonymous coin will have already taken over because the wealthy are going to need an anonymous coin to avoid the massive government confiscation coming as the economy implodes.

jonald_fyookball?  Roll Eyes

Yes they will at some point, because their credit card is not "working" anymore.
Please stop hijacking threads.
Once again, WE DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY.
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:35:21 AM

Yes they will at some point, because their credit card is not "working" anymore.

Agreed, but this will come too late for Bitcoin:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455141.msg5723957#msg5723957

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: