Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:31:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Bitcoin Has Taught Us About Human Nature  (Read 2708 times)
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 12:47:40 AM

Easy money = Quit my job, be free and live the life as a crypto dandy.

Nothing wrong with that!

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:42:46 AM

Without speculators the old-timers would still be buying their Friday night pizza for 10,000 BTC each.

Bitcoin offered free, anonymous money that held the promise of freeing us from the tyranny that stems from state issued and state mandated currencies.

And it failed. It failed because in the end most people didn't want to use and accept it in commerce to liberate themselves from the chains of state issued currency. What people wanted was not to use bit coins to buy and sell, but instead to buy hoard and sell the bitcoins themselves in hopes of getting rich.

It failed because, at our core, none of us really wanted freedom, and privacy in our economic transactions, all we wanted was speculations and more money.

Bitcoin is proof once again that people don't care about liberty, they care about wealth. And they will always sacrifice liberty for money.

The failure of bitcoin rests in it's fundamental belief that people wanted to be free. People don't want to be free, they want fast cars, big houses, and easy money.

ps. BTC didn't fail, it is a huge, unfinished success story.

Nathonas

Activity: 280

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 04:10:25 AM

Fiat developed over thousands of years. Bitcoin has had five. How can you declare it as a failure? Especially when every day, more and more merchants accept it, and it is engrained in our society more and more. Sure, the average joe might still see it as a "ponzi scheme" or whatever uneducated opinion. But it's getting traction and more people are finding out about it. It's also overcome and continues to overcome countless problems, both technical and social (like all the scams, the Mt.Gox failure, the hacks, etc).

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
Gladdy

Activity: 318

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:35:09 AM

Pump and dump and people are greedy !
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:41:54 AM

What Bitcoin Has Taught Us About Human Nature:

Humans are greedy.

I think most of us already realised that humanity is greedy and selfish, BTC is just another case in point.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:13:09 AM

BTC is a great story and it is not just about greed.

bbulker

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 10:36:58 AM

User: lm2f
Opinion: Irrelevant

Bitcoin: Still growing daily
ashapasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 05:32:27 PM

Bitcoin offered free, anonymous money that held the promise of freeing us from the tyranny that stems from state issued and state mandated currencies.

And it failed. It failed because in the end most people didn't want to use and accept it in commerce to liberate themselves from the chains of state issued currency. What people wanted was not to use bit coins to buy and sell, but instead to buy hoard and sell the bitcoins themselves in hopes of getting rich.

It failed because, at our core, none of us really wanted freedom, and privacy in our economic transactions, all we wanted was speculations and more money.

Bitcoin is proof once again that people don't care about liberty, they care about wealth. And they will always sacrifice liberty for money.

The failure of bitcoin rests in it's fundamental belief that people wanted to be free. People don't want to be free, they want fast cars, big houses, and easy money.

People just want to be happy  Shocked . For a few its liberty for other its money.
ns12123

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:48:34 PM

i laughed so much on this !
Carl Quesadilla

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:52:03 PM

what i believe is true.

i believe i have a dark matter generator in my computer   Cheesy
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 06:54:50 PM

Bitcoin has taught us NOTHING about human nature.

We humans do not exist in nature, and we haven't for about 10,000 years.

Homo Sapiens in nature behave like Bonobo chimpanzees, not the virus / parasite / cancer that "civilized" humans are.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:13:13 PM

Half of the population is dumber than 100 IQ, i.e. basically retarded.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 07:15:26 PM

The problem isn't stupid people, the problem selfish, ignorant, cruel people.

The problem is the sociopaths who run our world, and most of them are actually very intelligent.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:33:21 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0

Now go away!
AnonyMint

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:09:39 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 06:20:23 PM by AnonyMint

+1

Also add this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455141.msg5716065#msg5716065

I believe there is only one feature that can make crypto-currency so different from fiat that it will spawn all sorts of new applications which fiat can't do.

And that feature is ANONYMITY. And Bitcoin can't have it. And DarkCoin doesn't have it.

The problem isn't stupid people, the problem selfish, ignorant, cruel people.

The problem is the sociopaths who run our world, and most of them are actually very intelligent.

And they are too stupid to do anything about it.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:11:34 PM

I'm asking the moderators to stop anonymint from constantly linking to his self serving thread, as it is against the posted forum rules.

AnonyMint

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:14:13 PM

I'm asking the moderators to stop anonymint from constantly linking to his self serving thread, as it is against the posted forum rules.

I have the right to inject factual information.

You want to inhibit factual discussion. You are a rabid Rottweiler stalking me every where I post. And I don't even post in 5% of the threads.

I will report you for stalking. That is a crime.

bitcoinbranches

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 09:18:56 PM

Let's not jump to conclusions, it just shows us that some people take time to recognize innovative new technology that is disruptive can actually change the status quo for the better.
AnonyMint

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:23:28 PM

Let's not jump to conclusions, it just shows us that some people take time to recognize innovative new technology that is disruptive can actually change the status quo for the better.

So you think the masses are going to rise up and say "99% versus 1%, so let's dump our credit cards and use Bitcoin"?

I could see that possibly happening AFTER the global economic collapse that should start to collapse in 2016.

So maybe by about 2017 or 2018, they might start to make that transition in understanding. Right now, they are boiling frogs still in wonderland.

But by 2017 or 2018 it will be kind of too late. An anonymous coin will have already taken over because the wealthy are going to need an anonymous coin to avoid the massive government confiscation coming as the economy implodes.

jonald_fyookball?  Roll Eyes

practicaldreamer

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:31:14 PM

I have the right to inject factual information.

You want to inhibit factual discussion. You are a rabid Rottweiler stalking me every where I post. And I don't even post in 5% of the threads.

I will report you for stalking. That is a crime.

Report me while you are at it - cos I too am sick of your endless bollocks.

WTF is a man who believes BTC to be flawed/not up to the job etc. doing on BitcoinTalk ? Trying to help save us all from ourselves ?

You aren't a genius - and you aren't bringing anything to the table.

Start up another forum - call it "WhyIknowBetter.org" - live happily ever after. Post to your hearts content.

Cos at the minute you are single handedly trashing this forum.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: