Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:30:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My new bitcoin world ;-) ...  (Read 4537 times)
robocop (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 08:47:22 PM

Before I know the bitcoin I did speculate with stocks, commodities and more but the bitcoin changed my thinking about money, speculation and capital values.

Sure it´s now very hard to believe that the bitcoin is more than an object for speculation.
Sure a lot of guys speculate with the bitcoin and want to make real money with it.
Sure the pricechart don´t trustful.
Sure a lot of bitcoins are owned by less guys the first adopters.

But I believe in bitcoin and I see the bitcoin as THE new innovation for the next years and it is for me a chance to make it better than the current fiat money system.

In other side I know that the most people are not ready for a new system and a lot of people see in the money your chance to win authority against other people and find your big luck in it.

My new bitcoin world is a vision of a free world there money like the bitcoin is free but don´t have the big weight as today.
In my vision some financial services like paypall, Dwolla, Moneybookers, VISA and more will become needless and the people need only a small client app for payments and people prefer to invest in bitcoins than speculate.

I know that my visions are unreal and maybe impossible but the bitcoin is more than a alternative currency for me it is a investment in a better future without the dominating authority of less people banks and financial companies.

I know the bitcoin isn´t a perfect system and after the bitcoin another moneysystem will come but for the next 20 years it should be the right system.

Is it not time to ends the speculations and invest in bitcoin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 09:42:23 PM

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. 

In my vision some financial services like paypall, Dwolla, Moneybookers, VISA and more will become needless and the people need only a small client app for payments and people prefer to invest in bitcoins than speculate.

Yes. We don't have to tear down the old world before we start living the new.
They need us more than we need them. We don't have to start a fight. 
We only need to choose better tools and dispassionately turn away from what doesn't make sense.

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 03:09:48 AM

+1  said from the heart.
finway

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 03:13:58 AM

Welcome  Grin

plogank

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 03:25:33 AM

I know that my visions are unreal and maybe impossible but the bitcoin is more than a alternative currency for me it is a investment in a better future without the dominating authority of less people banks and financial companies.

Very well said.   I feel the same about Bitcoins.

If you like this post a donation would be nice....  1PhCzA9o1jcwHr7PR4mxea8nJYUJWpKAGb

Besides, It'll drive me crazy trying to figure where it came from.
bc

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 04:23:36 AM

+1

"Democracy is the original 51% attack." - Erik Voorhees
klaus
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 07:57:53 AM

My new bitcoin world is a vision of a free world there money like the bitcoin is free but don´t have the big weight as today.

I know the bitcoin isn´t a perfect system and after the bitcoin another moneysystem will come but for the next 20 years it should be the right system.

100% agree !

They need us more than we need them. We don't have to start a fight. 

so true !!!!

bitmessage:BM-2D9c1oAbkVo96zDhTZ2jV6RXzQ9VG3A6f1​
threema:HXUAMT96
robocop (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 05:06:36 PM

Thank you guys for all your lovely replies.

Nearby there are a lot of other "open" things which could be themes for the next years and generations.
For example in the next weeks I start testing a eDemocracy - project which should open the politics for all people and make politics more interesting and allow a much higher participation.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2011, 05:35:10 PM

Before I know the bitcoin I did speculate with stocks, commodities and more but the bitcoin changed my thinking about money, speculation and capital values.

Sure it´s now very hard to believe that the bitcoin is more than an object for speculation.
Sure a lot of guys speculate with the bitcoin and want to make real money with it.
Sure the pricechart don´t trustful.
Sure a lot of bitcoins are owned by less guys the first adopters.

But I believe in bitcoin and I see the bitcoin as THE new innovation for the next years and it is for me a chance to make it better than the current fiat money system.

In other side I know that the most people are not ready for a new system and a lot of people see in the money your chance to win authority against other people and find your big luck in it.

+1

I agree with this sentiment, completely. I see you are German. I took notice because of the structures of some of your sentences. Reading your past post, I see a lot of the same, but several posts have sentences structured beautifully, especially when you're driving a point home. Just curious.

Bruno
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 06:02:15 PM

If only everyone "got it" like you do...

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
robocop (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 10:56:54 PM

Phinnaeus Gage
I agree with this sentiment, completely. I see you are German. I took notice because of the structures of some of your sentences. Reading your past post, I see a lot of the same, but several posts have sentences structured beautifully, especially when you're driving a point home. Just curious.

Yes I'm german and I'm not a language expert.  Wink
So the discussions here is also practice for me  Grin

Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 11:16:38 PM

Bitcoin being globally available is not "impossible" or "unrealistic".

Yes, there is a high chance it will fail for technical or dynamical reasons, and it won't be completely free, but other than that? There is no fundamental problem. But, once we get stable clients for all platforms, a little more security in the operating systems, and troubles with transaction/block size limits out of the way, everything is ready for a first deployment. All we need is people who use them, and since a system like Bitcoin is needed by a lot of people, that will not be a problem in the long run.

I personally do give Bitcoin a very good chance of seeing great growth over the next years. Sure, a hack might kill it all etc., but I wouldn't call a success "unrealistic".

The longer this runs, and the more diverse the system becomes, the more stable and resilient it is.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2011, 11:52:24 PM

Phinnaeus Gage

Yes I'm german and I'm not a language expert.  Wink
So the discussions here is also practice for me  Grin

English is my main, and only, language. I'm not a wordsmith, but my participation on this board helps in keeping my writing skills in check. To be frank, was threw me for a loop was you referring to Bitcoin as "the bitcoin(s)" (an article in front of the uncapitalized proper noun).

Once again, I enjoyed your post on this thread, as well as other posts you've posted. Keep Posting!

Bruno
Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2011, 02:29:57 PM

Please share your excitement with all your friends. Learn as much as you can about how Bitcoin works. Understand the common misconceptions people have about it and currencies in general so that you're better able to help them understand.

Good luck!

Viva la Bitcoin!

robocop (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2011, 09:07:39 PM

Phinnaeus Gage
To be frank, was threw me for a loop was you referring to Bitcoin as "the bitcoin(s)" (an article in front of the uncapitalized proper noun)

Thx for this advice :-)
barrymac

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2011, 10:24:33 PM

Don't just sit on them though, spend them into the real economy as much as possible!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2011, 12:01:44 AM

Phinnaeus Gage
To be frank, was threw me for a loop was you referring to Bitcoin as "the bitcoin(s)" (an article in front of the uncapitalized proper noun)

Thx for this advice :-)

You are so very welcome, robocop. FYI, I wasn't being a butt head with my post(s).
robocop (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 01:52:42 PM

Don't just sit on them though, spend them into the real economy as much as possible!

Yes!

Bitcoin and every money too must go through a lot of hands ;-)
Now ...
1. I save a big part of my small amount of money in Bitcoin because it is better than it save in euro or dollars.
2. I use Bitcoin so often I can for example to sell small things by web.

I hope the online shops will accept Bitcoin more and more and then I think Bitcoin will become to a real alternative.

Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2011, 03:39:03 PM

Today when people think about the benefits of diversity they have in mind ethnic groups or gender, not monetary diversity.

Bitcoin allows us to introduce monetary diversity on a much greater scale than ever before.
That is why the transforming power of bitcoin over the global economy is so significant.

Until recently, advocates of complementary currencies like Bernard Lietaer could only point at local systems like the WIR or other LETS (although, oddly enough, some site specialized in complementary currencies has started to list freicoin as one of them).
Philippe van Parijs also has some interesting things to say about diversity: generally speaking, enlightened economist recognize that business cycles are not inevitable but rather the result of a monopolistic monetary system incapable of supporting multiple, possibly conflicting objectives (economic growth, purchasing power, health care,etc).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: