Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:07:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin FS become the official Bitcoin Chain?  (Read 271 times)
Jimmy Crypto (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 53

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 03:33:54 PM

Since Bitcoin Core can no longer scale as intended due to 1 MB blocks...

Could the coming Bitcoin FS (google) hardfork possibly become the official chain?

"From the many, one. From one, the source."
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 03:53:44 PM

yeah, a shitcoin that copies bitcoin is going to become the "official" bitcoin chain. Cheesy
and we are all living in the fairy land and unicorns are running in the streets shooting rainbow out of their asses.

There is a FOMO brewing...
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 05:30:38 PM

Bitcoin Forks are harmful for bitcoin, in my opinion. If we want average people to use Bitcoin, this is certainly not helping. It's already hard to use Bitcoin for day to day payments and on top of that we have to explain what forks are and how they happen every goddamn year. No bitcoin fork will overtake bitcoin, ever, another crypto will, most likely with better technology and use.
leonair

Activity: 1274
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 05:38:33 PM

Bitcoin Forks are harmful for bitcoin, in my opinion. If we want average people to use Bitcoin, this is certainly not helping. It's already hard to use Bitcoin for day to day payments and on top of that we have to explain what forks are and how they happen every goddamn year. No bitcoin fork will overtake bitcoin, ever, another crypto will, most likely with better technology and use.
I agree, this scenario will more likely to happen rather than a new Bitcoin fork would become the official chain, there are so many forks that happened already since the inception of Bitcoin and comparing the early days of forks were this was not an issue versus the most recent forks were hyped up by people to gain a profit out of it is a clear sign that there will be no Bitcoin fork can throw out the original one.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Jimmy Crypto (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 53

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 05:53:50 PM

Its hard to use Bitcoin because the blocks are choked down to 1 MB.

We wouldn't have so many forks if Core had not f'd up the network.

Bitcoin FS solves these problems.

"From the many, one. From one, the source."
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 06:37:05 PM

Another shit fork? I wasn't aware of such a thing.

We had too many forks (bch, bcsv, sbtc, btcx etc.) and i can't understand what they brought to the ecosystem besides drama to the ecosystem. Yes, people who are making this chains becoming rich or they are already rich and need a playground.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:10:01 PM

Community still decides ultimately, and I believe that Core will come up with a rather nifty yet temporary solution for the non-existent (yet) scaling problem that a lot of people have been bringing up from time to time to question the ability of the Core devs in handling bitcoin development. Also, a lot of promising fork proposals have been brought up to the table and so far, none of them proved to be the best one that solves the problem most people are bringing about, so yeah, this Bitcoin FS thing might go down that route as well.

How exactly would big blocks solve the scaling problem for bitcoin? Other forks have attempted the said approach to no avail...
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2019, 08:54:48 AM

All this forks never bring a new features or something new on market and people will never give up and will always use bitcoin because is the original coins, and the forks coins will die on future.
MedvedevVasilyS

Activity: 854
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 09:46:14 AM

of course not. it's all just pathetic attempts to compete with bitcoin. in the future developers will make technical settings and bitcoin will become better

★    $20,000 Weekly Wagering Contest   ★
███████ [    https://bitsler.com    ] ███████
★   $5,000 Weekly BTSLR Coin Contest   ★
pulsoft

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 09:47:21 AM

It makes no sense. There is no point replacing the Bitcoin chain with a much less established one.

BTW the FS fork is not a competitor against BTC but a viable alternative to the countless jerky BTC forks.
Actually, after the fork the Bitcoin chain will become the official FS chain, and not the opposite.
livingfree

Activity: 2828
Merit: 578

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 10:03:50 AM

I thought there's a meaning for that "FS".

But in all serious manner, do you really think that we do need another fork coin? There's no point anymore to produce these kind of altcoins anymore. And you have the guts to ask if it will become the official bitcoin chain, come on stop joking dude!

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 10:18:05 AM

Community still decides ultimately, and I believe that Core will come up with a rather nifty yet temporary solution for the non-existent (yet) scaling problem that a lot of people have been bringing up from time to time to question the ability of the Core devs in handling bitcoin development. Also, a lot of promising fork proposals have been brought up to the table and so far, none of them proved to be the best one that solves the problem most people are bringing about, so yeah, this Bitcoin FS thing might go down that route as well.

How exactly would big blocks solve the scaling problem for bitcoin? Other forks have attempted the said approach to no avail...

What? Another fork again? The way I am seeing it is this just a display of human nature -- that of greed and maybe some entrepreneurial as well. People wanted to copy bitcoin for their own selfish reasons and then market the same as the best solution the only one that can save bitcoin from its ultimate crash. Oh well, people can really be so creative. Anyway, let them have it if they want to because at the end of the day it is really the community that decides as a whole.

Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 11:09:47 AM

I'm not a fan of any bitcoin fork no matter what they are trying to fix they won't get better like bitcoin ,the one I think its close is only bitcoin cash but the rest is not on my list of altcoins ,let's wait and see what this new coin will offer

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 11:49:01 AM

Could the coming Bitcoin FS (google) hardfork possibly become the official chain?
It's kinda funny how this new project will accomplish what bitcoin core couldn't, only time will tell is this is just another shit show to gather few dollars.
Grishanya1234

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 11:52:07 AM

If we analyze the advanced hard forks, then in fact they did nothing useful for the main Bitcoin network, but simply gave a certain part of investors to make money and no more if we want the technology to develop the blockchain, then there is no need to conduct such events.
pulsoft

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 12:18:39 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2019, 01:13:56 PM by pulsoft

The point is simple: People want faster and cheaper transactions. That's why BCH and BSV were created.
But they both have some pitfalls.
The FS (Full Scale) fork is intended to be a superset of the better features, satisfying both sides.
How it will play out, time will tell. I'm following this project just out of curiosity.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 01:22:16 PM

It's kinda funny how this new project will accomplish what bitcoin core couldn't, only time will tell is this is just another shit show to gather few dollars.

we don't really need time. it is clear as day why coins like this keep being created!
all you need to do is take a look at some of the real projects that have something to offer. all of them without exception start from scratch and never even mention bitcoin. but "mushrooms" need a host to feed on that is why they use the name of bitcoin Smiley

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Erickan

Activity: 266
Merit: 18

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 01:38:04 PM

I only believe Bitcoin (BTC) is the official, bitcoin of all the fork of bitcoin and claiming to be bitcoin to me is not worth it. Most garbage projects try to imitate and follow the popularity of bitcoins, exaggerated that they will replace bitcoin but all are garbage. Bitcoin-based projects without any application will soon be removed from the market.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 08:33:15 PM

What does the FS stand for? Google doesn't exactly say, so it makes the whole thing more confusing. Who is behind the Bitcoin FS and what exactly do they seek to achieve with it?
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2019, 09:21:06 PM

Well, take a look at the literally dozens of times bitcoin has had a fork.
Have any of them become even close to becoming the "official" bitcoin chain?
So why would bitcoin FS be any different?
Is there something magical or radically different about it that will make it become the official bitcoin?

Look, I actually think people trying to figure out how to fix btcs scaling problems is a good thing.
But so far we have had half assed attempts, straight up cash grabs, or incredibly controversial changes.

BTC doesn't belong to anyone, it is open, distrubted, and transparent.
So yeah, people have the freedom to fork it if they want.
But trying to become "official" is an incredibly futile endeavor.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: