Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:16:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PR in Crypto World  (Read 284 times)
weidex (OP)

Activity: 243
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2019, 07:16:12 AM

What kind of organic/paid promotions are successful for any crypto project? What will attracts you? For example influencers, facebook, twitter, IG, Youtube, blogs? What will get your attention?
Gabmot

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 07:19:12 AM

Just as you have clearly stated out yourself the kinds of PR you have seen people doing in crypto. Now to the choice of doing any of the many faction we have, just study where you fall perfectly. I.e if you are an article person,  then blogging campaign is just the best for you. Good luck buddy!
dizzy1996

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

MoonDeFi

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 07:49:52 AM

In my opinion, the most important aspect of any advertising campaign is the transparency and presence of media personalities. But if we are talking about advertising cryptocurrency projects, then of course this is the availability of good content in all social networks and then also having a direct connection with the team will also be a good advantage.

► MoonDefi ◄ ♦ Decentralised Protocol For Automated Liquidity ♦ ► MoonDefi ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit
pushups44

Merit: 281

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 07:55:12 AM

What kind of organic/paid promotions are successful for any crypto project? What will attracts you? For example influencers, facebook, twitter, IG, Youtube, blogs? What will get your attention?

I personally am very skeptical of paid advertisements, especially after the collapse of the ICO market. The best marketing is actually having a solid product and development team. Also, YouTube personalities discussing new projects without getting paid by them can be very effective.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2019, 08:58:59 AM

I also think the paid ads can't add value for long term because only if a project is good enough people will start invest on a coin and is not need for paid ads to have only a temporary pump.
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2019, 09:41:50 AM

There are lot of things that should get accordingly with promotion. To be honest they all should be carried out to get the attention. Choosing one alone way or platform of promoting means you are targetting only one part of the group IMO.

For me I would choose Blogs and YouTube as a way that will bring my attention.

But this is one important thing to note down;

The best marketing is actually having a solid product and development team.

I mean not the "best marketing" but promotion would be a waste if you are fail to give impression before community as strong and unique product.
livingfree

Activity: 2814
Merit: 578

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 10:00:04 AM

Blogs are boring to be honest, people who's watching a certain blog does really have the passion for reading. Vlog is the new trend these days, video + blog. With graphical content that teaches the audiences is what mostly people want and this is popular now through youtube.

This isn't a marketing, this all about the product and asset of the company.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
pushups44

Merit: 281

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 03:41:05 AM

Blogs are boring to be honest, people who's watching a certain blog does really have the passion for reading. Vlog is the new trend these days, video + blog. With graphical content that teaches the audiences is what mostly people want and this is popular now through youtube.

This isn't a marketing, this all about the product and asset of the company.

There is a saying in the industry, "The product markets itself." While this may be an exaggeration, it's a philosophy that certain projects follow. Cardano is one such project, whereas say Tron is more about making headlines for the sake of making headlines.
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2019, 05:16:40 AM

fake pump is the most effective for any crypto project and will attract all kind of people.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
befriendmywater

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 05:26:39 AM

fake pump is the most effective for any crypto project and will attract all kind of people.
that is very true. But I think the thing that attracts me more is the community and its price when being traded at non-central exchange. Sometimes we can buy tokens at very cheap prices at IDEX or Forkdelta and when we exchange exchange, we can sell for x5 and even x14.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
btc_angela

Activity: 2632
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 05:34:58 AM

I guess you need every ounce of promotion you can get from social media. So my answer will be everything, we all know that everyone is on the social media nowadays, so it is the perfect medium to spread the word about your project thru that platforms so that it can reach millions potential investors, just saying.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
zikzag

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

Minter

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 06:03:06 AM

My attention is drawn to the product and the team. Facebook, Twitter, IG, Youtube is all secondary and does not play a big role for me.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
weidex (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2019, 06:14:05 AM

My attention is drawn to the product and the team. Facebook, Twitter, IG, Youtube is all secondary and does not play a big role for me.

Good, I was thinking that people will not come on our platform(we are DEX) because of the platform but the team, cuz when you know the team is motivated and want to give people more benefits, that's the real thing.
weidex (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2019, 06:16:00 AM

I personally am very skeptical of paid advertisements, especially after the collapse of the ICO market. The best marketing is actually having a solid product and development team. Also, YouTube personalities discussing new projects without getting paid by them can be very effective.

Yeah I'm very skeptical for paid ads because mainly there are no paid ads for now because crypto is restricted everywhere except the big blogs where you can only promote your banner or blog who is explaining who you are and what you strive for.
toydoll

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 06:45:09 AM

I think that all together.It seems to me that the more different resources will be involved-the more attention will be paid to the project,more people and possible investors will learn about it.
davis196

Activity: 2996
Merit: 915

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 06:53:27 AM

Nothing.I became numb about all types of online advertising and I also have banner blindness. Grin
I don't trust influencers(lots' of them are scammers) and any form of social media or PPC ads.
Advertising has little to do PR,I think.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 07:51:43 AM

it depends on what type of attraction you are looking for.

1) the real attraction for long term that lasts and only grows stronger.
then in this case (which no altcoin has ever done) you have to create actual utilities and have some real innovative idea  and then implement it the best way possible. just take bitcoin as your comparison. it had no ICO, no premine, no advertisement, no influencer, no Youtube/reddit/telegram/twitter... spamvertisement,... but it is successful and is still growing because simply it has a great innovation and is implemented excellently, because of the utility it offers it will grow more and more.

2) the short term not-lasting hype
this is what all the altcoins are doing these days. in which case you just have to spend some money advertising it. advertisement of that kind mainly works when it is targeted to cryptocurrency users and traders specially newbies which means you have to do it in their communities. bitcointalk bitcoin paying signature campaigns have always been the most popular among the methods used.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
weidex (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2019, 08:01:06 AM

it depends on what type of attraction you are looking for.

1) the real attraction for long term that lasts and only grows stronger.
then in this case (which no altcoin has ever done) you have to create actual utilities and have some real innovative idea  and then implement it the best way possible. just take bitcoin as your comparison. it had no ICO, no premine, no advertisement, no influencer, no Youtube/reddit/telegram/twitter... spamvertisement,... but it is successful and is still growing because simply it has a great innovation and is implemented excellently, because of the utility it offers it will grow more and more.

2) the short term not-lasting hype
this is what all the altcoins are doing these days. in which case you just have to spend some money advertising it. advertisement of that kind mainly works when it is targeted to cryptocurrency users and traders specially newbies which means you have to do it in their communities. bitcointalk bitcoin paying signature campaigns have always been the most popular among the methods used.

That's an interesting answer you gave. Thanks for your opinion! Highly appreciated  Smiley
weidex (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2019, 08:04:27 AM

Nothing.I became numb about all types of online advertising and I also have banner blindness. Grin
I don't trust influencers(lots' of them are scammers) and any form of social media or PPC ads.
Advertising has little to do PR,I think.

Well, that's why I'm not going after banners in any of the websites. Instead, I think the best PR of Crypto project is to go on crypto events, make contacts, making visibility of our product and our team. That is the most organic and the most useful PR for me at this moment.
krisnajsadrak

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 08:35:28 AM

to spread the words about cryptocurrencies we need all that things my friend
so, people will know about cryptocurrencies, especially in this forum for a new or an old project the project team will paid for signature from all members in this forum to promote their project buddy

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: