Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:03:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Universities are leading the way with Cyrpto-currency and/or Blockchain?  (Read 310 times)
Pipdips (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 03:48:28 PM

The title says it all. What universities and colleges are at the forefront?
alterroman

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 04:01:50 PM

Generally speaking the best way to go into the deeps is to learn Cryptography. There is nothing about blockchain except maths. It's just a way to solve the consensus problem.
One of the best ways is to learn Cryptography is the Edinburgh University. For example they are authors of Ourboros algorithm.
Pipdips (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 04:24:26 PM

Not so much teaching, but research, development, jobs, news, real life involvement.

Harvard University? Berkeley College? Columbia University? Which big name schools are making the biggest strides?
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 06:13:31 PM

As per research, there are already huge universities who are offering cryptocurrency courses. You can find it here:
https://www.accounting-degree.org/college-cryptocurrency-blockchain-courses/
It's important that we'll learn about crypto more but you can also learn things on your own. Of course, universities could teach us properly since they got reliable sources and tools to teach us.

Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 06:39:14 PM

Studying and choosing cryptocurrency courses is actually a good choice for those who want to know how cryptocurrency works.
There are lots of opportunities offered by crypto world. Lucky are those who are near universities which offers good crypto courses.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 06:49:23 PM

As people have already stated some colleges I would like to say that locally people are actually opting for online colleges , and also at the same time there are universities supporting and giving free cryptocurrencies lessons.
I have not yet seen a big university officially involving cryptocurrencies in their curriculum as a official subject but I can tell you this that people are learning about them as an extra subject.
You can search online for free course on cryptocurrencies and such and trust me it is worth it.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 08:26:46 PM

if you cant explain blockchains on an elevator than you shouldnt be a university tutor
if you think spend(getting into debt by) thousands to learn about it for 1-3 years. then your the kind of person that wont benefit from it most.

its far better to just privately learn the basics and then play around and run scenario's in your own personal time.

do you think there is any real worthy university courses called 'microsoft access: relational database" or do you think its better to just have basic 1 week college courses that cover all the ins and outs of that

with that said. there are a few MIT departments which get private funding to research bitcoin/blockchains. but not really any thing thats worthy of making a 1-3year degree level course/curriculum dedicated as a blockchain degree.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pipdips (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 08:39:02 PM

its far better to just privately learn the basics and then play around and run scenario's in your own personal time.

If there was a race between an individual learning independently on the internet, versus a group working together at an ivy league university, I would put my money on the latter.

"Columbia University and IBM Establish New Center to Accelerate Innovation in Blockchain and Data Transparency"
https://datascience.columbia.edu/press-releases/cu-ibm-blockchain
Pipdips (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 08:44:51 PM

Here is another one to keep your eye on:

"Blockchain X-Lab - UC Berkeley Sutardja Center"
https://scet.berkeley.edu/blockchain-lab/
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 08:52:01 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2019, 09:04:49 PM by franky1

If there was a race between an individual learning independently on the internet, versus a group working together at an ivy league university, I would put my money on the latter.

universities are not like races that can complete in a day/week, they stretch things out over 1-3 years.
plus with twitter, IRC, skype, this forum, all other social media. im sure you can find a group to learn faster than just googling

but here is something funny. a recent '60 minute' media interview done a segment with a women that was part of MIT's privately funded 'digital currency initiative' and she was .. well very on the fence about blockchains/bitcoin (worthy of a facepalm)

'disruptive tech' innovates faster OUTSIDE the rigid/formal structure of a university. universities usually start to get involved once things settle down and they are about to formalise a business plan to get the next generation to hand over their money to learn whats already out there

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 10:06:01 PM

Unless you have an university available somewhere in your country you sjod definitely not spend money on moving into another country just to go and study blockchain/cryptocurrency at an university because anyway there aren't any that are great. Just like you can very easily learn computer programming from your home you can also learn about blockchain and cryptocurrencies from your computer as long as you have dedication for it and you are willing to spend the required time for learning everything.
veleksandra

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 04:06:23 AM

I'm glad to hear there is an idea of introducing the blockchain into the field of education in many universities like Oxford. I would say that access to certificates is important not only for students, but also for employers. Since with a common system of decentralized register of university graduates, you can instantly check the level of training of the student who came in search of work
Berryvery394

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 04:20:51 AM

I will hope that our universities will support the idea of introducing the blockchain into the system of training and certification. An example from personal experience. My employer asked for a certificate. But it turned out that my university had not yet received the original document from a Polish university where I was studying by exchange. I had to go to another country to confirm the certificate. The situation is absolutely idiotic
Klndragonst

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 04:30:01 AM

I will hope that our universities will support the idea of introducing the blockchain into the system of training and certification. An example from personal experience. My employer asked for a certificate. But it turned out that my university had not yet received the original document from a Polish university where I was studying by exchange. I had to go to another country to confirm the certificate. The situation is absolutely idiotic
Even if you do not touch on the topic of certification, but a unified system for universities, which could link them to information, is already necessary for society. This would simplify the process of applying for a master's degree at another university or filing documents for admission by foreign students. There are many opportunities that decentralized blockchain registries could give the education system
liovaltro

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 04:45:31 AM

The blockchain theme is still rising in few places. Although it could even be a training course built around it. But so far we have only projects, as a Taklimakan platform, where anyone can find educational materials on the blockchain, investments and current trends in the foreign exchange market
brakemelion

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 04:51:38 AM

The blockchain theme is still rising in few places. Although it could even be a training course built around it. But so far we have only projects, as a Taklimakan platform, where anyone can find educational materials on the blockchain, investments and current trends in the foreign exchange market
Unfortunately, many universities (in Russia, such a problem is relevant), spend more student time than provide important knowledge. I got more experience, pass trainings and seminars. So I agree that the platforms with their short-term curriculum are beneficial, especially when it comes to modern technologies, like blockchain, which is not even being studied in universities
_Django05_

Activity: 403
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 06:45:02 AM

The title says it all. What universities and colleges are at the forefront?

With these limitations considered, these are the top US blockchain schools based on three key quantitative factors:
  • Number of blockchain-related courses,
  • Number of blockchain organizations on campus
  • Each school’s access to the blockchain technology industry.

For example, a higher rank is indicative of a higher number of courses offered.
1. Stanford
2. University of California, Berkeley
3. New York University
4. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
5. Cornell University
6. Georgetown University
7. Harvard University
8. Duke University
9. Carnegie Mellon University
10. University of Pennsylvania

Top 10 Blockchain Universities
Pipdips (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 02:49:39 PM

A group of secretive and intelligent people working together is going to break ground faster than a university block-chain department. The problem with the universities is that they doing everything out in the open.

Cyrpto is secretive. Satoshi was secretive and had financial backing. Secretive people win at the crypto game. Groups of secretive and brilliant people are even better. If a big company (like IBM) funds secretive groups, that is where the magic happens.
Pipdips (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 02:56:00 PM

For example, a higher rank is indicative of a higher number of courses offered.
1. Stanford
2. University of California, Berkeley
3. New York University
4. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
5. Cornell University
6. Georgetown University
7. Harvard University
8. Duke University
9. Carnegie Mellon University
10. University of Pennsylvania

Top 10 Blockchain Universities

Great link. These all sound promising.

How about other universities in other countries?

How is the rest of the world preparing for the blockchain industry?
jdarren

Activity: 296
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 06:06:59 PM

I would say Berkeley and Stanford which makes sense because they are in silicon valley/tech world
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: