Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:32:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If everyone is hodling, how can bitcoin be used for mass adoption?  (Read 403 times)
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 12:33:25 PM

The fact is not all people hold it but most people hold it,right ?

Yes, people usually want to invest on something cheap but profitable although it's very risky.
When people still invest on crypto, there must be X factor that able to attract people !

Smiley
Dontme

Activity: 798
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 02:31:18 PM

Hodling BTC is not an issue for mass adoption, it is it`s popularity,reliability, and stability that must be strengthened so that people will get amazed and be willing to adopt how BTC or crypto works. If this things will happen, the demand for BTC will get high, if that happen then maybe even 1 satoshi will worth big. 1 BTC is made of 100 million satoshi, meaning BTC`s supply is not really just 21 million if you consider satoshi.
RapTarX

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 03:34:40 PM

Simple, you can use a fraction of a bitcoin, like 1k satoshi. If everyone holds, the fraction will be more valued. There's no relation between the mass adoption and holdig. In fact, holding is the key to have bitcoin another ATH.

Fred3030

Activity: 728
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2019, 03:51:23 PM

The concept of hodl and spending of bitcoin is one of the beauty of bitcoin itself. I don't think the adoption of bitcoin as a currency would be delayed due to the number of people holding it rather than spending it, remember these coins have lots of decimals hence they can be broken into very little fractions, it means the few once in circulation is capable of covering lots of ground in terms of needs from the populace. In addition, holding has advantage in the sense that the more the number hold by people the few the number we have circulating and if demand should exceed supply hence there would be a surge in price which will in turn be beneficial to all involved.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Oracolcoin XOR    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 10:55:36 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2019, 04:21:55 AM by maxreish

You misunderstood the conception here. Everyone is holding but they are cashing it out, withdrawing it to buy stuffs using bitcoin payments, etc. This may enter the mass adoptation now. Yes, we are holding but when the target profit or the goal profit was reached, it is now time to decide whether to use and spend it. Or buy another btc for investment.
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 11:28:45 AM

We can still use bitcoin as investment place because it will be worth rather than we use it as payment system. Seems like altcoins are suitable to be use for payment system since there are a lot of stable coin. As we know stable coin is same with money fiat and everyone will be understood to be use it. I doubt with bitcoin it can be use as payment system by its user, because its price has been high and fee per transaction is really high also the metter of processing per transaction need a long time .
big_daddy

Activity: 1666
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2019, 11:32:48 AM

We can still use bitcoin as investment place because it will be worth rather than we use it as payment system. Seems like altcoins are suitable to be use for payment system since there are a lot of stable coin. As we know stable coin is same with money fiat and everyone will be understood to be use it. I doubt with bitcoin it can be use as payment system by its user, because its price has been high and fee per transaction is really high also the metter of processing per transaction need a long time .

SegWit & Lightning are the answers on processing fee & speed, so, in the future there will be more and more improvements, so, it will be more comfortable to pay with BTC

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 04:29:41 PM

Its impossible for everyone to be a holder, there will always be some people buying and some selling, I used to make lotta mouth back in the days that I won't ever sell my bitcoin but I break that promise when Im in needy ,the fact is only those that are already very rich can hold bitcoin now for long term

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
beatzcoin123

Activity: 184
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2019, 04:34:26 PM

holding still remains the best approach to enhance hike in prices in crypto, hodl creat scarcity which in turns increases demand vis a vis the price of such commodity. For the continual survival of the crypto space, the hodl strategy must be fully utilize.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: