Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:06:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What to expect from the coming Litecoin halving?
Explosive growth shortly before the halving - 5 (55.6%)
Slow and consistent rise after the halving - 3 (33.3%)
Both of the above - 1 (11.1%)
Nothing is going to happen halving-wise - 0 (0%)
Litecoin is a shitcoin and I don't give a fuck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: On Litecoin halving  (Read 333 times)
pishite

Activity: 966
Merit: 132

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 04:14:56 PM

Burning coins will certainly raise the market rate. I am glad to hear such positive news, the project is really interesting. I remember they somehow carried out transactions between bitcoins. So you shouldn’t even bury the coin, it will show itself.
harsi123

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 04:18:26 PM

I often invest in Litecoin.  I like it very much as a coin and as a means of profit.  It shows very good results.  I think that it will be a sense.
BryanK

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 07:12:35 PM

I do not believe that such a cryptocurrency giant as LTC will be able to deceive its community. A lot of people invested and counted on it....I don't think Litecoin is similar Lira.
nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 07:28:08 PM

we already see the results of the forthcoming halving. the price of litecoin is over $100 but not long ago it was only slightly above $20.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
deisik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2019, 07:34:56 PM

There is such a phenomenon in the stock market: if everyone expects an asset to grow, then under certain conditions, growth ... will not happen. This can occur in the crypto market. Lightcoin is a big coin, but it doesn’t greatly affect the cryptocurrency market. Bitcoin can create such conditions that Lightcoin does not grow.
It will be good if such a scenario doesn't take place

It is definitely possible if we are talking about dollar prices. But things start to look different if we consider Litecoin price denominated in bitcoins. Should we do so, we will get rid of such influence and can thus see Litecoin's real price action, i.e. without the impact of Bitcoin on its price

we already see the results of the forthcoming halving. the price of litecoin is over $100 but not long ago it was only slightly above $20.

Myself, I don't think so

It could in fact be this way if only Litecoin alone rose from rags to riches, so to speak, but it is the whole cryptomarket that has recovered greatly from the late 2018 and early 2019 lows. Bitcoin itself rose a couple of times, while other cryptocurrencies rose even more than that. In other words, Litecoin's coming halving has little to do with the whole market recovery. All this growth that we have seen recently has been fueled by Bitcoin getting back on track finally (well, let's pray for that)

Kemileye

Activity: 573
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 07:52:24 PM

The upcoming litecoin will have impact on the price of litecoin. I think the increase will not just be like a wild fire but it will be a slow and steady one.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 08:54:41 PM

Halving is a common practice for cryptocurrency, we have already seen this many times. I think that at first the price will increase greatly, and then the correction will begin. Actually, I don’t really like Litecoin and I don’t follow the news about it.
kanmo

Activity: 458
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 09:20:29 PM

It is not a secret that in a couple months (according to this site, in 63 days, to be exact) there'll be a halving event. I won't delve into what it is (let's assume you already know). Rather, I want to share my thoughts on what to expect from Litecoin in terms of its future price action

Presently, this cryptocurrency is more or less following the general price dynamic of the whole cryptomarket. Maybe, it is a little more resistant to abrupt Bitcoin corrections (which all altcoins take note of), i.e. it doesn't fall as much as other altcoins (while rises a bit stronger on Bitcoin rebounds) but technically, there's nothing out of the ordinary to speak of. In other words, there's no hint at what to expect from the halving (let's call it writing on the wall in reverse) and which would give us an idea about future growth in the name of Litecoin

And that's the whole thing worth debating here. One morning we will wake up to see that Litecoin's price doubled or tripled overnight despite whatever dynamic we could have seen just a day before (whether it was an uptrend or downtrend). Moreover, we could plausibly expect the price of Litecoin to go down somewhat just before this explosive growth starts (and stagnate for some time prior to the real action). When exactly it is going to happen is an open question, but personally, I expect the explosion before the halving

Feel free to share your take of Litecoin's future price action in the context of the coming halving below (as well as vote above if you feel interested)

Litecoin halving that is just two months away will have effect on the price of litecoin. I am optimistic and I believe the price can even go up more than 50% during the litecoin halving.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: