Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:28:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM ALERT: spendbitcoins.com / Jeremy West  (Read 9840 times)
LordGreynick

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 05:07:46 AM

Lol, stop crying, If you try to hijack my account sale threads begging for donations like the pathetic looser you are, then expect to get called out on it.  nuff said.

What's a looser?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chieffery

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 06:36:08 AM

Lol, stop crying, If you try to hijack my account sale threads begging for donations like the pathetic looser you are, then expect to get called out on it.  nuff said.

What's a looser?

my bad; 'its luzer*

BTC - 194ihPS7DTegoerp1WdRKED7PQCosyq2eL
LTC - LdTHdHo5GDDnQW5gSMNZ7zr8HFitZ7qRmC
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2011, 06:42:46 AM

What's a looser?

my bad; 'its luzer*

Whose luzer?

chieffery

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 06:50:06 AM

What's a looser?

my bad; 'its luzer*

Whose luzer?

dammit, Lex Luther*

error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 06:53:31 AM

If ignorance is bliss, you must be happy as fuck...

How far does someone have to go on these forums until they get banned? Not only has poster been repeatedly obnoxious on these forums (via post history), but has also sent me abusive private messages that I am happy to turn over to moderators if they want to investigate further....

There's a link at the bottom right of the private message that lets you do exactly that. Just click it. Smiley

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
chieffery

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 07:06:10 AM

There's a link at the bottom right of the private message that lets you do exactly that. Just click it. Smiley

Aww come on, don't go all cyber police on me now. I dun goofed, no need to backtrace me. Lips sealed

Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2011, 07:47:07 AM

Can we please get back on topic? This thread's supposed to be about how much I suck. Wink

Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2011, 07:53:12 AM

Can we please get back on topic? This thread's supposed to be about how much I suck. Wink

Nah, you're pretty awesome, Jeremy. Thanks for the effort.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 05:48:11 PM

I lol'd.
shakaru

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 06:18:14 PM

In the past and when Spendbitcoins was just starting, and I could buy Amazon cards from Jeremy, there was a small hickup in the order with regards to the transmission times. Jeremy was contacted and immediately resolved the issue very quickly and was willing to even do more. From then on, I have used his services with the most pleasing results.

For future auctions like this, why not use that Bitcoin ebay clone thing? Ive used it before to buy booster boxes of Magic cards for less that half retail. Biddingpond, thats it. Just watch out on that site too. I won an auction for a raid card and the guy writes me telling me that the price was wrong and it was really 3 times higher and I should pay with Paypal as it was easier for him and also, he forgot to mention that you need to buy 5 sata hdds from him @ $25ea for 80gb drives and pay separate shipping. When I goto email him back, failure to deliver.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 07:37:31 PM

In the past and when Spendbitcoins was just starting, and I could buy Amazon cards from Jeremy, there was a small hickup in the order with regards to the transmission times. Jeremy was contacted and immediately resolved the issue very quickly and was willing to even do more. From then on, I have used his services with the most pleasing results.

For future auctions like this, why not use that Bitcoin ebay clone thing? Ive used it before to buy booster boxes of Magic cards for less that half retail. Biddingpond, thats it. Just watch out on that site too. I won an auction for a raid card and the guy writes me telling me that the price was wrong and it was really 3 times higher and I should pay with Paypal as it was easier for him and also, he forgot to mention that you need to buy 5 sata hdds from him @ $25ea for 80gb drives and pay separate shipping. When I goto email him back, failure to deliver.
That's the problem with biddingpond - no one has feedback, so it's a haven for scammers.  I'm glad that there's at least a warning up telling you to use escrow now though!
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 06:16:38 AM

I have not dealt with Jeremy directly, but the OP (Inaba) is someone who has demonstrated that I would never want to do business with (and that;'\\s not just he vodka talking).  I I was on e-bay (or equivalent), he would be the one black-listed.
LordGreynick

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 10:01:39 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2011, 01:00:02 PM by LordGreynick

I find it ironic that the OP went out to smudge Jeremy's name and it's completely backfired on him

Now Jeremy is glowing and the OP looks like a complete ... hmm, OK I don't use this word much and I mean it literally ... "tard"
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2011, 05:32:06 PM

So... let me get this straight, LordGreynick - your chain of logic is thus:

Jeremy lies and cheats on an auction he posts -> Jeremy has supporters come in to defend him with past transactions that have nothing to do with the auction he lied and cheated on -> Therefore his documented false advertising and lying is OK because he's not cheated other people in the past.

That about sum it up?  Perhaps you should reassess who is the actual "tard" here, if you think your chain of logic is anything other than retarded.  But you go on believing in the honesty and integrity of Jeremy!  It's fine with me, I'm sure he'll swindle someone else someday, I just know it won't be me!  Smiley  The bottom line is, Jeremy fucked up and he's completely unwilling to own up to his mistakes.

As I said, all this could have been avoided if he'd even bothered to contact me.  But as I've already said, he made absolutely no effort what so ever to even work out any problems or contact me in any way, shape or form.  He just saw an opportunity to grab more BTC and took it.  Yeah, definitely the kind of person I want to do business with!  

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 07:47:48 AM

So... let me get this straight, LordGreynick - your chain of logic is thus:

Jeremy lies and cheats on an auction he posts -> Jeremy has supporters come in to defend him with past transactions that have nothing to do with the auction he lied and cheated on -> Therefore his documented false advertising and lying is OK because he's not cheated other people in the past.

That about sum it up?  Perhaps you should reassess who is the actual "tard" here, if you think your chain of logic is anything other than retarded.  But you go on believing in the honesty and integrity of Jeremy!  It's fine with me, I'm sure he'll swindle someone else someday, I just know it won't be me!  Smiley  The bottom line is, Jeremy fucked up and he's completely unwilling to own up to his mistakes.

As I said, all this could have been avoided if he'd even bothered to contact me.  But as I've already said, he made absolutely no effort what so ever to even work out any problems or contact me in any way, shape or form.  He just saw an opportunity to grab more BTC and took it.  Yeah, definitely the kind of person I want to do business with!  
I think you need to take an objective look at the situation again.  As far as I can tell, you and one other person are the ONLY people who think Jeremy scammed anyone.  Did you ever think that you might just be wrong about this?  And that's why everyone else is against you?
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2011, 01:38:20 PM

The thing is, other people don't like to post publicly.  I've received a couple PMs agreeing with my view.  

But again, if your logic is that of LordGreynicks, that somehow past performance negates scammy behavior, then your logic is equally faulty.  This thread is not about what Jeremy has done in the past for other transactions... it's about what he's done with THIS transaction.  

The facts are not in dispute, which you seem to be unable to understand.  I don't know why you have so much trouble comprehending this:

He posted an auction that was no reserve with a specified ending time.
After the auction ended, he decided that he did not like the price and the way the auction ended for.
He edited the auction, after the auction closed, to have different rules and a different ending time.

He broke his own rules that he set for the auction.  That is scammy behavior any way you slice it.  Once again, if he had bothered to contact me, something could have been worked out.  But the fact that he made NO effort to contact me, the winner of the auction, clearly indicates that he had no intention of following through with his initial auction and instead his intention was to make questionable changes as he saw fit after the end of the auction if it didn't turn out like he wanted.  THAT is a scam.  That is the textbook definition of a scam.

Why are you unable to comprehend these established facts?  Seriously... I would love to hear your reasoning.

Please, tell me how you dispute these:

Jeremy posted an auction with specific rules, no reserve and an end time.
Auction concluded within specified rules and specified end time.
Jeremy changed the rules and added a reserve  after the end of the auction to get more BTC.

So do tell... how is changing the entire auction AFTER it's already ended not a scammy move?

Also, as a bonus credit, please tell me how people coming to this thread talking about how great their past transactions have been with Jeremy has absolutely ANYTHING to do with how he lied and cheated on THIS auction?  I am curious as to your chain of logic that leads you to the conclusion that somehow these things are related.  His past actions have absolutely no bearing on what actually happened.  I've seen no one defend the fact that he changed the auction after the fact - that part is just kind of glossed over in the posts that have nothing to do with this thread, which is why I've pretty much ignored most of those posts.  They are completely irrelevant to the fact that Jeremy cheated and lied on THIS auction.

*EDIT*

Looking back on the thread, you are pretty much the only person defending Jeremy in regards to his cheating.  Everyone else is just talking about what great dealings they've had in the past with him.  Kind of interesting that in 3 pages in this thread, YOU are pretty much the only person to defend his actions on the actual topic instead of being a sycophant on completely unrelated issues.  Both commendable and telling on your part.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 04:17:11 PM

I'm not really interested in continuing to argue with you.  It's obvious neither of us will change the other's mind.
bitstarter

Activity: 300

BitcoinStarter.com Support Account

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2011, 12:54:54 AM

Wow, everyone needs to take a chill pill. I've heard a lot of good things about Jeremy so don't know why the OP went as far as to label him a scammer but there is no reason to treat each other like this  Sad  man, just sucks when you see fellow members taking shots at each other ...

oh well life sucks eh ?

Bitcoin Crowd Funding! Bitcoinstarter.com
shakaru

Activity: 406

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
November 22, 2011, 05:08:22 PM

*EDIT*

Looking back on the thread, you are pretty much the only person defending Jeremy in regards to his cheating.  Everyone else is just talking about what great dealings they've had in the past with him.  Kind of interesting that in 3 pages in this thread, YOU are pretty much the only person to defend his actions on the actual topic instead of being a sycophant on completely unrelated issues.  Both commendable and telling on your part.

Dude, no one cares. And to be honest, I hope you have been scammed because your post in this topic are just random, rude and make little to no sense. The only thing you have done is tainted your name for future commerce and shown that your handling of matters is nothing but childish.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2011, 07:54:08 PM

*EDIT*

Looking back on the thread, you are pretty much the only person defending Jeremy in regards to his cheating.  Everyone else is just talking about what great dealings they've had in the past with him.  Kind of interesting that in 3 pages in this thread, YOU are pretty much the only person to defend his actions on the actual topic instead of being a sycophant on completely unrelated issues.  Both commendable and telling on your part.

Dude, no one cares. And to be honest, I hope you have been scammed because your post in this topic are just random, rude and make little to no sense. The only thing you have done is tainted your name for future commerce and shown that your handling of matters is nothing but childish.

How exactly are my topics random?  Are you sure you understand what random means?  It would seem not... but maybe you're just confused.

And that's ok that I have somehow "tainted" my name for future commerce, because every single one of my transactions has been A+, both buying and selling.  You will not able to find a single person unhappy with their transactions with me.  I'm glad you hope I have been scammed, you are quite an upstanding citizen to think so. I hope no one has the misfortune of dealing with you, since you seem to be ok with the whole scamming thing.  Who knew?  Anyway,  WTG!

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: