Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:11:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which coin or coins you never gained money with?  (Read 972 times)
rdluffy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1349

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2019, 11:51:59 AM

I was thinking, I already did some money with BTC, ETH, XMR and a lot of other coins, but there are a coin I never gained a penny

XRP - Ripple
This coins always tricked me, when I bought a lot of coins, the coin fall in value
After I sold every single coin I have, XRP reached his ATH I never thought it was possible, when XRP hits number 2, only behind BTC

I never bought XRP since this fact  Grin Grin Grin

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Grishanya1234

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 11:54:29 AM

There are quite a lot of similar examples. As far as I understood, by your example, you simply chose an uncomfortable entry point to a token, it turns out that you just waxed it at the peak and didn’t work, and in principle you can earn money on any token but provided you find a good entry point.
rdluffy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2019, 11:56:19 AM

There are quite a lot of similar examples. As far as I understood, by your example, you simply chose an uncomfortable entry point to a token, it turns out that you just waxed it at the peak and didn’t work, and in principle you can earn money on any token but provided you find a good entry point.

Yes sure, but in my opinion, there are some coins that are hard to predict any move, like Bitcoin SV for example, I'll never try to buy any coin

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2019, 12:03:03 PM

Well i also not made money with SDRN and some ERC20 tokens, afte i buy it drop a lot and never recover and i never tried again to invest on tokens, i think is hard to make money with tokens.
cribusen
Copper Member

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 12:06:44 PM

I believe it was ETH and I still think that 1400 USD per coin is not so much. I have bought some coins for 85 USD during the last months and I am still waiting for the prices to recover and to reach the new historical records.
immortal4now

Activity: 612
Merit: 102

Chromia - Relational Blockchain

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 12:15:29 PM

I have never invested or earned on an XRP coin, either, because I don't like this coin very much, as it is not very volatile on the market.

♠️ Facebook: http://facebook.com/ChromiaStudios                 ♥️ Webpage: http://chromiastudios.com
♦️ LinkedIn:  http://linkedin.com/company/chromiastudios      ♣️ Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/ChromiaStudios                     
♥️ Twitter:    https://twitter.com/teamchromia                        ♦️  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChromaWay
************************************************************************************************
Dacosta Osei-Tutu

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 12:19:08 PM

I have invested in many coins including ripple but I have not made any loses yet since I still hold and haven't sold. You only lose once you sell.
Nwagodno

Activity: 21
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 12:21:44 PM

Counting or making list of failed projects, (yes failed cos they never gave me any profit at all so I term them fail) will be a long one. But am still very much optimistic and hopeful. One might wake up to impress me someday.

✦ ✕     stableDEX.io     |||[    IEO is live on ExMarkets    ]    ✕ ✦
━ ━━ ━━━  100% Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective  ━━━ ━━ ━[/center
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 12:24:05 PM

I have invested in many coins including ripple but I have not made any loses yet since I still hold and haven't sold. You only lose once you sell.

But how long do you plan to hold ripple? I lose a lot of money by holding ada thats why I decided to give up all of them and find a great altcoin project, if you follow ada price movement you will see what I'm talking about but those mistake on buying altcoin give me strenght to double check the history of project.

TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 12:24:57 PM

Agree never made anything off Ripple.

Or Stellar or Golemn either. They seem to run very flat lately (in USD) and don't really seem to move much when Bitcoin price increases.

I think with Ripple I've just been unlucky - just seem to miss out when its price increases.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2019, 12:25:14 PM

I once was 'tricked' into doing some bounty campaigns for AVINOC, that was the biggest mistake I've ever made and put me off doing any sort of bounty campaign for good.
Looked like a silly project from the beginning, should have known better at the time really.

But yeah, we all make mistakes sometimes Tongue

rdluffy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2019, 12:27:00 PM

I believe it was ETH and I still think that 1400 USD per coin is not so much. I have bought some coins for 85 USD during the last months and I am still waiting for the prices to recover and to reach the new historical records.

If you bought ETH at 1400 and at 85 you can still make money, just need to wait a little

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
kurcalas

Activity: 378
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 12:27:48 PM

I was thinking, I already did some money with BTC, ETH, XMR and a lot of other coins, but there are a coin I never gained a penny

XRP - Ripple
This coins always tricked me, when I bought a lot of coins, the coin fall in value
After I sold every single coin I have, XRP reached his ATH I never thought it was possible, when XRP hits number 2, only behind BTC

Good thread.

I think everyone has their own cursed coins. I have some. XRP, ZIL and SYS... When I buy this coins, its prices goes down and never rise again. But when I sell them, prices starts to rise in a day...
EscrowService28

Activity: 166
Merit: 12

“The World's 1st Waste to Green Energy DLT Project

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 01:17:53 PM

XRP - Ripple

Beware about XRP theit project seems to be manipulated by whales. Remember the time it was overtake eth on 2nd spot on market cap? This is the time xrp and their whole league creating mass shilling and thats the time they dragged many investors on the pump. I guess blue chips have their own pump and dump coins as well.

CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 01:31:35 PM

XRP - Ripple

I am still hodling some Ripple but because I bought them ATH at around $3 yes I never made any money with this psuedo-cryptocurrency. Some are saying that this got enormous potential but considering its circulating supply it can take a lot of demand and adoption before it can get back to the $3 level. I am actually planning to soon dispose of them and convert them to bitcoin (especially now that btc is on dip which is the best time to add more btc).
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 01:32:13 PM

That's too unfortunate for you, I myself didn't invest to XRP because I know that it's all time high will be difficult to reach again. I think that you've learned the lesson that before investing to another coin, you must know what's the potential of it.

If you bought ETH at 1400 and at 85 you can still make money, just need to wait a little
If someone bought ETH and never sold, there's still a chance for him to recover. 1 ETH = 1 ETH same as bitcoin. And if you haven't sold you still have the coin and you're not yet in lose. The value has decreased a lot but it won't be lessen unless you sell it.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 01:36:55 PM

your problem is not about choosing the coin and it is not about luck either. it is all about your timing which is the most important thing in the altcoin market even more than any other markets because in here most of the coins are only viable options for trading during a very short amount of time since their pumps only last that much.
so all you have to do is to work on your timings. with a little bit better entry and exit you can eliminate these types of losses.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
billyhaleym
Copper Member

Activity: 128
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 02:01:41 PM

There are many coins that have not given me money yet but does not mean they wouldnt have given me money then,  should I have offload
It's about the perfect timing to offload

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 02:18:26 PM

XRP - Ripple

the same thing happens with me, but the coin was XEM, i bought at 100 sats, and sell it in a loss for a steam voucher lol.

A few months later it reaches 10k sats I think?

Deewhy2
Copper Member

Activity: 233
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 02:24:27 PM

To me,  there are lots of coins have never make a penny from.  Most of the coins in my wallet are just there some have even use more than a year and still never got listed,  some are listed but if I trade it am at lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: