Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:07:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scrabble: "Bitcoin" already included in it's 6th edition  (Read 333 times)
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 02:39:10 PM

My friends and family would always use slang terms when playing scrabble, we never went by official dictionary rules.  Makes the game a lot more fun because scrabble is a pretty boring game otherwise.  Do they still sell the physical board game, it has been years since I actually played scrabble.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 03:20:50 PM

I don't think this will have any immediate effect, but these are small steps towards increased popularity and usage of Bitcoin.

Brand awareness is extremely important, and exactly why scammers such as Roger Ver don't support any other coin because no one cares about the rest.

Next step is to have the Lightning thunder symbol become widely known because that's the killer application, and soon to be supported by most reputable clients by default. Once that is in place, exchanges will follow too because they just act based on demand, which is understandable from their position. We're on the right track from where things will only get better.

Bitcoin silencing nocoiners is one of the best forms of marketing there is.  Grin
Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 647

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 06:16:50 PM

Wow! That was some news.
If you are a 80's type of kid.

But now? Is it still a big news for the new era of kids? Not anymore.
If it aint a game from the playstore or from the Itunes then it doesnt matter to them anymore.

I went to a toy shop last week and never saw this. Maybe I will come back next week to see if it is real.
I still have my scrabble at home, sadly it was full of dust by now.

I am trying to make my nieces and nephews play it but it is really difficult to pursue new kids.
But to me, yeah great news. Maybe I will play with them and use this word and see their shocked faces.  Grin
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 07:09:55 PM

Seems Scrabble is late in including the word Bitcoin in their dictionary, but nevertheless it is acceptable by players who knows it (Bitcoin).  One question though, anyone here uses the official dictionary of Scrabble when playing it?  Such would be a waste of time if they do LOL.  Imagine, everytime a word is place someone will check at the official scrabble word list.., unless it is an official tournament, that would be funny if it was only a friendly game.

But nevertheless, this new inclusion of Bitcoin word in the official list of Scrabble game is a sign of a world wide adoption for me.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 11:01:48 PM

One question though, anyone here uses the official dictionary of Scrabble when playing it?  Such would be a waste of time if they do LOL.  Imagine, everytime a word is place someone will check at the official scrabble word list.., unless it is an official tournament, that would be funny if it was only a friendly game.
I don't think anybody is doing that, but the whole point of this is the exposure Bitcoin gains from it-- it has been covered by mainstream media worldwide. It's free and much needed advertising for Bitcoin.

Of course, there are always people who say that Bitcoin doesn't need it, but this is just free exposure and it happens to be positive as well. We have been through times where things were completely the opposite.

This exposure will help people remember that Bitcoin is making moves forward. More and more legitimate use cases emerge helping to feel nocoiners more comfortable that Bitcoin is here to stay.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 11:23:03 PM

At last, now I could show my friends that Bitcoin is counted as a word.

Anyway, this is actually the mark that people have been starting to adopt bitcoin into their daily lives. Why did they wait this long just to include Bitcoin in the dictionary unless they are interested in it. As we know, this year has been the peak of Bitcoin, especially on the side of the media. More and more people are introduced to Bitcoin and more and more people are starting to use Bitcoin. Bitcoin is not a strange sounded term right now. It will soon be in everyone's computer gadget. It will finally get well accepted by society.

faucet used to be profitable
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: