Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:58:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Bitcoin ATM's reliable?  (Read 774 times)
wellfare

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 07:58:28 PM

The issue is probably not about bitcoin atm but just atm, people need to stop questioning everything around bitcoin
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 08:03:15 PM

The problem is the machine lol. The manufacturer should be the one to be blamed. I haven't seen anything like that. The mechanism of Bitcoin ATMs for dispensing cash is just like the usual ATMs. I have seen one of those in one street here in my country. There few of those in this country, I hope there's one near my place.
The concept of common  ATMs should be similar,the intention is to allow bitcoiners to cash out amount that allowed for the sets limits of any government rule, if there's issue with the machine Itself, I agree that manufacturer should be the one to resolve the concern, bitcoin ATMs helps to attract new investors, curiosity will make them to realize the usage of this system, another way to advertise bitcoin.
salty

Activity: 562
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 08:21:01 PM

That's kinda high not to mention whether the transaction fee is included on that 6-7% or not but seeing from the perspective of the business owner, they need to pay rent for place, electricity and maintenance I guess that does make sense. But with the majority of people still have no idea or not using bitcoin this ATM seems a bit impractical and costly for maintenance I guess, I hope it will find more of its users by the time being.
These ATMs are pointless if you ask me at the moment since 99.9% of the crypto community deal with digital transactions online itself. Why bother going all the way to an ATM when you can simply trade on a site like LBC on your mobile?

If they do offer some additional perks like lower TX fees etc, people will start using them more often though this is impractical due to the costs required to maintain these ATMs. This could change in the future thanks to technological developments.

I also believe that in the digital time in which we all live now,when almost everyone has a smartphone with a card attached to it or a downloaded crypto-wallet, there is simply no need for ATMs.POS-terminals will be needed Yes.
Fred3030

Activity: 728
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2019, 08:40:02 PM

Although there is none in my country, I have always heard only good news about the bitcoin ATM until now which I think is a mere technical fault which can also bee experienced with the normal Fiat ATM. The bitcoin ATM is a welcome development .

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Oracolcoin XOR    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 09:10:29 PM

Why can't they just scan your bank credit/debt card? You need it to withdraw the money anyway. I don't see why you need to carry your ID around. I don't even carry my drivers with me, I keep it in the car so I always have it.
I always keep my bank card in my wallet so it makes sense because I think everyone keeps their bank card but not their ID I don't like to carry my ID with me incase I lose it. It is much easier to replace a lost banking card then an ID.

I think most Bitcoin ATMs accept only cash, I have yet to see one which accepts credit cards, although I know there are some that do accept them. I can't imagine the headache of dealing with stolen credit or debit cards by fraudsters happy to run off with illicitly obtained bitcoins.

Signature space available for rent.
Payme21

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2019, 10:06:51 PM

Every technology is always associated with some levels of risks but that is not to negate the achievements attributed to bitcoin including its ATM

▀▀▀▀▀█████████   CRYPTON          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬                    
▬▬          Revolutionary Cryptocurrency Exchange
kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1117

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 11:58:06 PM

We can find out many more Bitcoin ATM so far and I never heard about the negative issues of the ATM. I think that so far, they are reliable and useful enough to be used and utilized by the Bitcoin holder in order to do some transaction. Probably we need to secure the things likely securing the usual ATM.
There must be many more issues about the Bitcoin, including its ATM and others. But so far, there is nothing too bad to have.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2422
Merit: 213

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 01:24:58 AM

If im gonna ask if bitcoin ATM is reliable?
I guess no.specifically of the machine.sometimes machine made of error.and many people doing such a bad thing just to get a money from ATM.
Bitcoin is reliable,you can use this in many ways.apps for a wallet of bitcoin can be use for transfering money.to purchase product also paying bills.I think no need for ATM because crypto wallet now you can use everywhere.time will come bitcoin will be known by all people all over the world using your wallet can be use as in every kind of transaction .
And just asking also.who will gonna made of ATM? Having an ATM will be need of some imformation which is different from bitcoin we use by unknown user.
So for me no need for ATM just use bitcoin wallet much morethan safe and secure than ATM.and no need to go to ATM just to withdraw your money.you can use bitcoin wallet to pay and carrying where ever you go.

jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 02:47:57 AM

Omg, that's hilarious. I mean what's even the purpose of that machine if he spits out money to others without proper verification or any of that shit  Grin. I am still laughing anyway I do not think that is some internal malfunction as it seems like some nasty hacker stuff. maybe some hacker actually able to mess up the firmware of that atm, anyhow the atm owners need to overcome this issue as soon as possible or the video gonna spread like fire.
angryduck192

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 03:06:57 AM

I have used some of those ATMs and never get any problems so far. I believe it's absolutely a system's malfunction.
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 03:19:17 AM

I have used some of those ATMs and never get any problems so far. I believe it's absolutely a system's malfunction.
Its normal to have some problem like that but if its a real fraud then we must be careful on using Bitcoin ATM because we might lose everything. I didn't experience this but I hope to have more ATM here in my place, it is still not convenient so I can say its not 100% safe and reliable. We have to see more security on that and it should be place on good place.
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 06:12:17 AM

I heard that We have one ATM's here on Bitcoin, but never try to encash using that machine.
And according to what I heard to those bitcoin fanatic who treid to encash or withdraw it, is
that the charge in the ATM was to high, which means is not good I think.
killiankyc

Activity: 16
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 06:41:00 AM

If someone wants to be progressive strange, then the growing demand for cryptocurrencies cannot be denied. ATMs that support cryptocurrency is a really progressive solution that also simplifies the life of investors and attracts new ones. This means who has more support for convenient cryptocurrency exchange services and attracts more people to create new projects on the blockchain
lpoondy

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 06:43:37 AM

So far, ATMs for cryptocurrency and even crypto payment cards are a new phenomenon. And although many people have heard the words bitcoin and cryptocurrency, but the minimum number of people who are able to appreciate the benefits.
quoqscart

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 07:00:26 AM

So far, ATMs for cryptocurrency and even crypto payment cards are a new phenomenon. And although many people have heard the words bitcoin and cryptocurrency, but the minimum number of people who are able to appreciate the benefits.
For many people, cryptocurrency is a distant future due to low financial status. But the paradox is that it is cryptocurrency investments that could help many change the situation and improve their income. Therefore, I like the concept of such an independent educational platform as taklimakan, where everyone, regardless of the country, can use educational materials and learn how to use cryptocurrency to benefit
bobytobby

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 07:06:40 AM

even if we do not specifically follow the example of cryptocurrency, but blockchain technologies could in many ways help improve the management of many sectors of the country's economy. And whoever will begin to actively learn and integrate new technologies into himself, that country will remain in the black. The USA is one of the leaders in blockchain projects, so such a large distribution of crypto-currency ATMs simply reflects their status.
Foxyfell

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 07:13:14 AM

even if we do not specifically follow the example of cryptocurrency, but blockchain technologies could in many ways help improve the management of many sectors of the country's economy. And whoever will begin to actively learn and integrate new technologies into himself, that country will remain in the black. The USA is one of the leaders in blockchain projects, so such a large distribution of crypto-currency ATMs simply reflects their status.
Lucky for those who have access to ATMs for cryptocurrency. Working with exchanges often takes a lot of time. And although the transactions themselves occur quickly, it is sometimes difficult to wait for the withdrawal of funds withdrawal due to the abundance of requests.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 07:19:24 AM

if you think a regular atm's are reliable then so as bitcoin atm's because both of them are the same  but i think itll also depend on the atm or the area where the atm is located because if the atm's are placed on a crowded area ,people will use it all the time and the money inside the atm can be easily gone , so its not reliable anymore but if the atm is placed on less crowded areas  , only less people will use it so its reliable  
cipherhut

Activity: 99

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2019, 07:21:30 AM

There are some risks but with the proper installation and working guidelines, Bitcoin ATM is worth for the use as it is useful to maintain the continuity in the transaction flow.
phamminhtan

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 08:09:00 AM

Yes! Bitcoin ATM is very reliable, until now, I have not heard any bad news about Bitcoin ATM. And I am sure that many people have used it.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: