Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 11:35:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dead Coins - Coin Dead Before You Knew It  (Read 10534 times)
Indai24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 10:00:05 AM

This dead coin is a pain in the head, i have so much dead coin here in my wallet where it comes from bounty campaign that end to nothing or scam. It will be forever here in my wallet and its really sad that i waste my time and effort to acquire those shit token of mine.

I feel you mate. You joined lots of bounty campaign thinking that you'll earn profit after the campaign. But what mostly happen was, you earn nothing. After your hard work, you've got rewarded with shitcoins.

Despite of that, I don't lose hope. I'm still hoping that out of 10 campaigns that I've participated with, there's one token that will change my life. Hopefully, we'll get rid of those dead coins.
drumamat

Activity: 1193
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 10:14:06 AM

There are a lot of dead coins. They are not interesting to anyone and I think that it is a waste of time to list them.
I have the same opinion. Why should everyone list coins that are simply not needed by anyone.Alas at the moment is really a lot of unnecessary coins.They are not even worth talking about as the community does not even know about them.No matter how bad it was but still there are good and promising, and most importantly , live, coins that can already be bought.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 10:55:40 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2019, 11:15:51 AM by masterrex

Thats good to know, I think thats helpful initiative to the forum users and to all crypto enthusiast as well to know the status of those so called dormant coins. We all know that too many crypto coins that already exist including those dead coins from dead projects and i believe it was a good idea.
Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 12:40:06 PM

The fact that there are dead coins upsets me. Why create a coin, then to throw it? It is so stupid, given the potential of the blockchain.

Not only you, i am also upset but my conclusion about these developers is that their initial plan was to deceive people to fund their bad project, those coins and tokens are dead on arrival.
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1330
Merit: 288

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 01:30:35 PM

The fact that there are dead coins upsets me. Why create a coin, then to throw it? It is so stupid, given the potential of the blockchain.

majority of those dead coins are pump and dump coin by scammers,  it's meant to scam the nobs and the greedy one,  they have no purpose and use,  they just pump for no reason, another one is out in the market right now,  bomb $ethplode no uses, no team and lots of nobs are busy buying

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 01:35:46 PM

Not only you, i am also upset but my conclusion about these developers is that their initial plan was to deceive people to fund their bad project, those coins and tokens are dead on arrival.

That's why I'm not interest on altcoin, just bitcoin, period.
But if you still insist to invest altcoin, you can try from local project. Usually they provide good and legit team work so it's easier to be monitor !

Smiley
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 01:41:33 PM

There are many coins has already gone dead. In my experience PGL gone dead and now it is no more traded in any exchanges even in the CMC platform. But, I got the profit initially when it was first lunched in the Cryptopia. I sell my bounty token of PGL here and accumulate my fiat currency.
beeelzebub

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 01:45:07 PM

I wish that someone can write a program or bot for cleaning the wallets from these dead coins. Sometimes i look into my main ethereum wallet and all i see is lots of garbage which i clearly don’t like.

dmty.0809

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 02:23:07 PM

You can see on some exchanges, such as livecoin, that many coins are dead, there are no enthusiasts and there is no volume, I give one of them is the wbcc coin.
radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 04:50:22 PM

That's why I'm not interest on altcoin, just bitcoin, period.
But if you still insist to invest altcoin, you can try from local project. Usually they provide good and legit team work so it's easier to be monitor !

there are a number of altcoins that have good potential for the future, because the project has a strong team and reliable people so that from the start of the launch it clearly has good goals for the future
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 09:48:38 PM

There are lots of them. There is even a website dedicated to Deadcoin:
www.deadcoins.com

The fact is that not every coin will succeed. Most are  substandard projects while many are outright scam.  Some are fair projects while tiny numbers are of quality.
mannybitcoins

Activity: 274
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 04:53:07 AM

There are many others too, scamming people and robbing them of their money. NYC, KBR are the coin codes and the list can go on and on just. There was another named Oxert, it had fraud investors to give money. Build protect that do not use coin. No exchange listed, only promise of token utility, without volume of transactions. The coin price fell by 99% It was taken down as per announced being a scam. So everyone should only invest in most popular ones to be on the safe side.
Sacramentus

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2019, 05:01:50 AM

Hi, I was planning to make a list of Dead coins which no longer used by the Crypto investors. I use following criterias to filter the dead coins.

• Block explorar is dead
    No recent transactions in block explorar
    Official Website is Dead
    No active exchange
    Has listed on an Exchange, But no recent trades
    Developers announed the project is dead
    Other

I do not know all the coins. But I will add the ones I already know. Help me to grow the list and stop people on wasting time collecting dead coins

Java Coin (JVC) - Block Explorar Dead
EOT Coin (EOT) - No Active Market
007 Coin - No Active Market
AIO Coin - No Active Market
I have had many of this coin/tokens, well I got stucked with most of then while I was able to sell of some of them before they died off. I have learnt a lot on since I joined blockchain tech and I happy for that knowledge

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
Whaletale
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 05:04:13 AM

Lot of coin or token are dead long time and still rolling in to death room which is a big issue to the industry bit I think the ieo has a better way to save us from this some days as lot of ICO get people scammed , we have the highest dead token that the surviving one in the industry which is a big sign of regulation needed but with the need for ieo and the exchange it will reduce in no time .

Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 05:19:17 AM

Hi, I was planning to make a list of Dead coins which no longer used by the Crypto investors. I use following criterias to filter the dead coins.

• Block explorar is dead
    No recent transactions in block explorar
    Official Website is Dead
    No active exchange
    Has listed on an Exchange, But no recent trades
    Developers announed the project is dead
    Other

I do not know all the coins. But I will add the ones I already know. Help me to grow the list and stop people on wasting time collecting dead coins

Java Coin (JVC) - Block Explorar Dead
EOT Coin (EOT) - No Active Market
007 Coin - No Active Market
AIO Coin - No Active Market

There's this website on deadcoins already -> https://deadcoins.com/
Probably just message the website owner on the coins that you think should be published in it.

Beyerd17

Activity: 826
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 05:25:22 AM

I think there already is a place listing dead coins and tokens. Can't remember where, but I saw it some time ago. I'm sure if you guys google it you will find it out there. I was a very long list though.
Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 05:40:18 AM

I wish that someone can write a program or bot for cleaning the wallets from these dead coins. Sometimes i look into my main ethereum wallet and all i see is lots of garbage which i clearly don’t like.
It will also be everyone's hope, IMO the dead coin will not be lost but I hope someone can clear it too. Its existence is very troubling cause crypto industry is very easy to reach, so bad opinions will always be there.

Mata Kripto

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

guestcrew.com

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 06:46:41 AM

It will also be everyone's hope, IMO the dead coin will not be lost but I hope someone can clear it too. Its existence is very troubling cause crypto industry is very easy to reach, so bad opinions will always be there.
yes, dead coins are very troubling in the cryptoqurrency industry, but doesn't the coin have no price development / no users, it will gradually disappear by itself? yes, but whatever the dead coin needs to be removed so it doesn't look like garbage

▆▆▆▆▆▆   :[GuestCrew]:   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Earn GUEST Tokens by sharing content
guestcrew.com
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 06:50:36 AM

yes, dead coins are very troubling in the cryptoqurrency industry, but doesn't the coin have no price development / no users, it will gradually disappear by itself? yes, but whatever the dead coin needs to be removed so it doesn't look like garbage

It cant cause any trouble because they are already dead  . Dead coin can be remove from the exchange as the time goes by but it cant be automatically removed on your wallet . I do also have dead coins but its not bothering at all . I wont ever remove them on my wallet because im still hopping that they still can be listed even if i already hodling them for over year now  .
hurry_hore

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 09:59:15 AM

/ Snip/

/Snip/

Your idea is good, and there is other persons who has been doing your idea now by creating the project called Coin Janitor. They idea to clean the network from dead coin according to their criteria.
From OP, I can not see the objective to relate with Deadcoin just to stop people to waste their time for collecting dead coins. Is that all?

▁▁▁▁▁                 SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE                 ▁▁▁▁▁
INVECH     WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM     INVECH
▔▔▔▔▔                   JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!                   ▔▔▔▔▔
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: