Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:28:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: hardware wallets safe?  (Read 10157 times)
bitladen

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 06:24:24 PM

Personally for me the safest purse in cryptocurrency is a hardware purse, although hardware purses are not cheap, but we are talking about the safety of their funds.

FLHippy

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 06:32:34 PM

Yeah, the pin protected seed is definetely a good feature for Trezor. I do not understand why Ledger didn´t add this feature to their wallets.
I personally own Ledger because it supports more cryptocurrencies.

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
graffix

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 06:34:08 PM

Online wallets and offline wallets can be get hacked in various ways. But Hardware wallets are much much safer than offline wallets and online wallets. all you need to do is keep your hardware wallet in a safe place.

asbak66
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2019, 09:01:21 PM

Safe if you can make sure the wallet is safe on the place that no one can found it!
But if you lost it on somewhere, you lost you're asset on it. So stil need aware from you to make sure you won't lost it in the future. Good luck for your hardware wallet

umine

Activity: 405
Merit: 136

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 09:03:30 PM

Hardware wallet is safe but not absolutely. Paper offline wallet is safer. But the strongest level of security can give only brain wallet

Kiefner

Activity: 921
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 10:13:33 PM

Hardware wallet is the most secure of all wallets for crypto-holders. I don't hear about cases of hacking this wallets, only if the owner of this wallet not made some mistake.

●   TOP EXCHANGE IEO   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
billyhaleym
Copper Member

Activity: 128
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 11:18:20 AM

Yes offline wallets are proven to be safe but regardless there are online wallets that I will say are compelled to be very functional and safe

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 11:24:31 AM

Yes offline wallets are proven to be safe but regardless there are online wallets that I will say are compelled to be very functional and safe

i agree on you when you say that there are online wallets that are safe . this was the reason on why i kept on using online wallet and i never get myself a hardware wallet  . itll only depend on the user if how cautios enough on handling his account   .

if you know what you are doing you will never find any issues on using an online wallet but of course except from natural events like when the main wallet is down or if they have been hi jacked because that isnt your fault already   .
shinharu10282016

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 11:38:22 AM

I would say those are what you can call a safe box on your own. Since they work as a flash drive and a safe box which takes care of the money you stored in your digital crypto wallet. These are the safest and most convenient way to store all of the hard-earned profit and lets you felt at ease against hackers.
rich93

Activity: 595

Chromia - Relational Blockchain

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2019, 03:39:10 PM

Hardware wallet is the most secure of all wallets for crypto-holders. I don't hear about cases of hacking this wallets, only if the owner of this wallet not made some mistake.
Yes, hacking into a hardware wallet is very difficult, but the real challenge is that no one has yet been able to do so.

♠️ Facebook: http://facebook.com/ChromiaStudios                 ♥️ Webpage: http://chromiastudios.com
♦️ LinkedIn:  http://linkedin.com/company/chromiastudios      ♣️ Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/ChromiaStudios                     
♥️ Twitter:    https://twitter.com/teamchromia                        ♦️  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChromaWay
************************************************************************************************
mackstuart

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 04:15:05 PM

Hardware wallet is the most secure way to store your cryptocurrencies, i use a hardware wallet Trezor and have never seen that someone was able to crack it.

z21770179

Activity: 474
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 05:50:49 PM

Another case is that some buyers of old cold wallets are resold on the internet. If the seller is not guaranteed, there will also be risks with such cold wallets
prof7bit

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

https://youengine.io/

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2019, 07:04:45 PM

Another case is that some buyers of old cold wallets are resold on the internet. If the seller is not guaranteed, there will also be risks with such cold wallets
Authorized resellers are the only people are allowed for trade the hardware crypto wallets. It is not safe to buy the used or new hardware wallets on the Ebay and similar electron shopping sites.
It is definitely necessary only to buy hardware wallets directly. It is not very safe when we buy wallets on trading floors or shops.

Bitcoin Smith

Activity: 952
Merit: 301

HODL! Because it's unstoppable

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2019, 07:31:51 PM

I personally think it is safe as an offline wallet offers the highest level of security for storing crypto is it involves storing the funds in a secured place that is not connected to any network. This type of wallet can also offer good protection against computer vulnerabilities. The hardware wallets are the best type of offline wallet that offers very high security and ease of use. Also, as these wallets allow backup, you can easily recover your funds if you lose this device.

One such example of a hardware wallet is Trezor. It operates as secure cold storage. You can easily transfer bitcoins to the device using the Trezor interface, which is accessible from macOS, Linux, Windows, and Android. Its interface is quite easy to use that lists your coins and recent transactions.

Trezor uses a 12 to 24-word seed for protection and recovery and a user-defined PIN. You can also add an encrypted passphrase to your wallet for an added layer of security.

what say u?
everything had the problem involved in it we cannot give the hundred percent insurance for anything because everything had the disadvantage also but in hardware wallets you can be more safer that is the only things available in it.

If you are a merit source feel free to visit Indian Board where currently there is no active merit sources available
Support Application for Merit Source - TheUltraElite
IParn

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2019, 08:06:43 PM

Personally, I think that hardware wallets are much safer than regular ones.  Let it be a little more expensive to maintain, but still your money remains safe.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1136

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 08:13:32 PM

what say u?
What say me? lol /Going back on topic,we have several types of wallets which do entirely depend on what we do need.If we do make use for long term/cold storages
then hardware wallets would be the best choice or even those air-gapped pc/laptop would do but when it comes to handy thing then these wallets are much more recommended.Its not totally safe yet 100% isnt impossible since these are prone to damage and lost thats why you should really be sensible on backing up everything just incase for unexpected things might happen.

miropp

Activity: 810

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 10:37:45 PM

You're right. Hardware wallets are very safe and recommended by many to use them. So if you are thinking whether to buy it, I can definitely tell you what it's worth.

AliErkic

Activity: 135
Merit: 2

xrp shitcoin is SCAM - get out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 01:05:01 AM

You're right. Hardware wallets are very safe and recommended by many to use them. So if you are thinking whether to buy it, I can definitely tell you what it's worth.
Wallets are recommended where you have the private key or seeed to rephrase it later. Every time you have your private keys exposed online you can be possibly be hacked. That doesn't mean that you will be necessarily be hacked.
There are so many peeps having their coins stuck somewhere because they have no access....
Same result like hacked!

xrp shitcoin is SCAM!  ***  Get out!  ***  Don't get scammed by Ripple Labs and scammer Garlinghouse *** xrp shitcoin is SCAM!  ***  Get out!!!
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 09:07:33 AM

hardware wallets are safe when compared to online wallets in a sense that they are solely controlled by you unlike online wallets which are controlled (I  mean the website's servers) by a third party so when the site is offline, you lose everything even if you have the password as most of them do not provide private keys. It is better to use a hardware wallet if you fear a website may steal you and I personally use them because most of them do not have access to your private keys as they do not keep a backup of your keys.

The problem that often occurs in our wallet is hacking and the safest way to prevent it is to always look at wallet website security when visiting it. Besides that, always don't visit suspicious website links. But if we have a lot of valuable coins, hardwallet is a safe choice
Most people that has had viruses enter their system is not because they purposely want to  visit some fishy sites, in this internet world where we have so many people that wants to make money from ad adverts, you see even genuine sites approving Facebook ad and some of this ad which you can mistakenly click on contains these viruses.

Therefore, the best any crypto user can do is to make sure they install a very reliable and strong antivirus tool to protect their system, and for any of their wallet, there is need to encrypt it with a very strong password that it will take the hacker over 100 years to crack.
mammoniter

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2019, 02:12:39 PM

I personally think it is safe as an offline wallet offers the highest level of security for storing crypto is it involves storing the funds in a secured place that is not connected to any network. This type of wallet can also offer good protection against computer vulnerabilities. The hardware wallets are the best type of offline wallet that offers very high security and ease of use. Also, as these wallets allow backup, you can easily recover your funds if you lose this device.

One such example of a hardware wallet is Trezor. It operates as secure cold storage. You can easily transfer bitcoins to the device using the Trezor interface, which is accessible from macOS, Linux, Windows, and Android. Its interface is quite easy to use that lists your coins and recent transactions.

Trezor uses a 12 to 24-word seed for protection and recovery and a user-defined PIN. You can also add an encrypted passphrase to your wallet for an added layer of security.

what say u?

Actually I think its the safest way to store your crypto because its almost impossible to compromise compared to online wallet. Unlike online wallet, hardware wallet are not subject to hacking and stolen security information. There are also a lot of phishing sites in online wallet so its very vulnerable. Anyway, no matter what wallet you used, if you are careless, it doesn't matter at all. So always be discreet and careful.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: