Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:51:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: hardware wallets safe?  (Read 10157 times)
Samkol26

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2019, 08:09:09 PM

I think hardware wallet have always been the safest, because it is not connected to the Internet and it requires physical interaction before it can get hacked.

uralcryptocoin

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 08:21:54 PM

I think hardware wallet have always been the safest, because it is not connected to the Internet and it requires physical interaction before it can get hacked.

But why do you need a hardware device? Piece of paper containing private keys is enough. Hardware device can't be hacked but can be physically broken easy

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 08:33:16 PM

I personally think it is safe as an offline wallet offers the highest level of security for storing crypto is it involves storing the funds in a secured place that is not connected to any network. This type of wallet can also offer good protection against computer vulnerabilities. The hardware wallets are the best type of offline wallet that offers very high security and ease of use. Also, as these wallets allow backup, you can easily recover your funds if you lose this device.

One such example of a hardware wallet is Trezor. It operates as secure cold storage. You can easily transfer bitcoins to the device using the Trezor interface, which is accessible from macOS, Linux, Windows, and Android. Its interface is quite easy to use that lists your coins and recent transactions.

Trezor uses a 12 to 24-word seed for protection and recovery and a user-defined PIN. You can also add an encrypted passphrase to your wallet for an added layer of security.

what say u?

Actually I think its the safest way to store your crypto because its almost impossible to compromise compared to online wallet. Unlike online wallet, hardware wallet are not subject to hacking and stolen security information. There are also a lot of phishing sites in online wallet so its very vulnerable. Anyway, no matter what wallet you used, if you are careless, it doesn't matter at all. So always be discreet and careful.
 I think these hardware wallets are not bad to store your coins in if you are not trading over an exchange. You would be very safe from a hack that could affect the wallets over the exchange but in this case, you would not be able to trade your coins for money. The benefits that are there if you keep your coins in hot wallet are way to more than if you keep it in cold wallet.
Impaler

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 10:29:37 PM

In this world nothing is safe when the question is about your data or security. So hardware wallet also could be not safe. But hardware wallet is the safest among all the wallets available. I saw some video where people are hacking hardware wallets. But the one single massage all of them give that is your security is in your hand if you are careful enough then it's hard for people to hack your wallets. Even if you are using online of paper or even normal key wallets. So be careful and if you have some extra money always go for the hardware wallet

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
AromaCry

Activity: 6
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 07:31:10 AM

A USB Key is safe if it is a "cold wallet" that means it is not connected.
You can also have a netbook or a small laptop with your wallet and you connect it only to transfer from your wallet to the exchange. That's safe too.
mackstuart

Activity: 938

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 02:23:46 PM

I really like Trezor hardware wallet, it is very easy to use and very safe, I have not heard and have not seen that someone managed to crack it, and its price is low.

Shatterlean22

Activity: 350
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 03:54:00 PM

There is no big difference between hardware wallets and other wallets except online wallets, hardware wallets uses private keys just like the rest of other wallets so to keep your coins and tokens safe you still need to keep your private keys so only online wallets don't have private keys

storichain.io ❂ Storichain Official Bounty Campaign
• ● START: 25 JUNE 2019 ● • (https://storichain.io)
Mr.Zero

Activity: 248
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 04:02:19 PM

In my opinion, a hardware wallet is very safe and safer than a web wallet in terms of its security system.
if at any time we are exposed to phishing or spam and we accidentally give our PK to someone else, they still cannot access our wallet because our wallet is still on our computer.
Therefore, I am very confident that wallet hardware is the safest and most impenetrable wallet.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM

TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
restumaulana

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 04:59:17 PM

I have not thought of using wallet hardware because the assets that I have are still limited and I don't think they really need it, but it seems to be safer than an online wallet

immortal4now

Activity: 612
Merit: 102

Chromia - Relational Blockchain

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 07:13:13 PM

I have not thought of using wallet hardware because the assets that I have are still limited and I don't think they really need it, but it seems to be safer than an online wallet
Many people don't need a hardware wallet because it costs about $100, and people in the wallet have a small amount of money, and it makes no sense to buy a hardware wallet.

♠️ Facebook: http://facebook.com/ChromiaStudios                 ♥️ Webpage: http://chromiastudios.com
♦️ LinkedIn:  http://linkedin.com/company/chromiastudios      ♣️ Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/ChromiaStudios                     
♥️ Twitter:    https://twitter.com/teamchromia                        ♦️  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChromaWay
************************************************************************************************
MidnightWolf

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 07:14:58 PM

The fact is that the hardware wallet is used to store and accumulate personal cryptocurrency funds.  It is not used as often as other wallets that are more susceptible to hacker attacks.  Based on this, the risk of losing money from a hardware wallet is very small.
pishite

Activity: 966
Merit: 132

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 07:28:03 PM

You are right, there is nothing better than a hardware wallet. It is a pity that new coins do not appear on it often. I wanted to get rid of half the bulky wallets.
coino.org

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 07:37:07 PM

I believe that each hardware wallet has vulnerability, but in general they are safer compared to other methods to store money. You know, hardware wallets is something you should get
mackstuart

Activity: 938

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 07:39:04 PM

You are right, there is nothing better than a hardware wallet. It is a pity that new coins do not appear on it often. I wanted to get rid of half the bulky wallets.
I support that hardware wallets are the safest.  But of course they are not cheap u.  But there is something to pay, and this wallet will protect your money from fraudsters.
If you have a serious amount of cryptocurrency then you need to buy a hardware wallet, the cost of hardware wallets corresponds to its security.

1982dre

Activity: 1372
Merit: 512

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2019, 08:07:00 PM

I still use paper wallets and not hardware wallets like the ledger. I am afraid what happens when it's broke. I known you can still recover but I am still afraid and not buying one. Huh

.....1% HOUSE EDGE.....
.....FAUCET 3.5K...........
.....RAINBOT
10K..........

█████
 █████     ███
  █████     ███     █
   █████     ███     █
    █████     ███     █
     █████     ███     █
      █████     ███     █

█████     ███     █

█████     ███     █

█████     ███     █

█████     ███     █

█████     ███

█████
..DuckDice..
█████
███     █████
█     ███     █████ 
█     ███     █████  
█     ███     █████   
█     ███     █████    
█     ███     █████     
█     ███     █████

█     ███     █████

█     ███     █████

█     ███     █████

███     █████

█████

.....★  B O N U S E S.....
  L O T T E R Y......
  J A C K P O T......
oioi

Activity: 355

A p e S w a p ///$BANANA Farms

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 04:23:35 AM

so far for offline wallets it is very safe for the security of your funds,
which is important not to lose your wallet.

A p e S w a p    ///    $BANANA Farms    |    $BANANA Pools    |    ApeSwap Exchange    ///
                                                     Stake now for over 900% APR!                                                    
⦁    TWITTER    ⦁    TELEGRAM GROUP    ⦁    MEDIUM    ⦁    TELEGRAM CHANNEL    ⦁    GITHUB    ⦁
tisoysoy
Copper Member

Activity: 362
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 06:41:52 AM

I personally think it is safe as an offline wallet offers the highest level of security for storing crypto is it involves storing the funds in a secured place that is not connected to any network. This type of wallet can also offer good protection against computer vulnerabilities. The hardware wallets are the best type of offline wallet that offers very high security and ease of use. Also, as these wallets allow backup, you can easily recover your funds if you lose this device.

One such example of a hardware wallet is Trezor. It operates as secure cold storage. You can easily transfer bitcoins to the device using the Trezor interface, which is accessible from macOS, Linux, Windows, and Android. Its interface is quite easy to use that lists your coins and recent transactions.

Trezor uses a 12 to 24-word seed for protection and recovery and a user-defined PIN. You can also add an encrypted passphrase to your wallet for an added layer of security.

what say u?

Yes you're trezor one wallet is secure wallet which is you can assure your asset safe from hackers and from malware infected computer. And it's around $78 each. Soon I want to try to used this hard wallet once I could earned from doing bounties because as of now I'm not yet earning from it, but hopefully there will be.  Base on my research
"Make sure you NEVER buy a TREZOR or any other hardware wallet from eBay.
Only buy from the TREZOR store or from Amazon".

What's wrong with eBay?

Maxon111

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 09:23:42 AM

Because hardware wallets are storage devices, they can be hacked like any other storage device.
The hardware wallet uses internal encryption, software that provides users with access to the private key stored in it, and hardware components to facilitate the operation of the device. Do not be fooled into thinking that storing all your private keys on a $ 100 hardware device provides physical protection, as demonstrated by frequent hacks and government hijackings. Even the manufacturers of these devices explicitly state that you should make sure that no one will have physical access to your device. The functional cogs of a hardware wallet, which in essence is just a dedicated storage for a private key, are points of attack. These security levels, which may seem effective, were not as secure as it may seem that a storage device, such as a hard disk, could be hacked.
If the hardware wallet is captured, lost or stolen, hacking the storage device exposes the key inside. Therefore, it gives access to all assets of the protected key.
Any storage device can be hacked.
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 04:50:54 PM

Don't get it twisted hardwallets still use private keys and that doesn't make it the most secured wallet ever ,you will still need online connection to send your coins so I don't see the difference much between a mobile wallet with private keys
Carreuh

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 04:54:42 PM

It cannot be guaranteed 100% if the offline device is one hundred percent safe because theft of our offline devices can occur at any time, but when compared to online devices it can be said that the offline device is a little safer, and hacking will be difficult for offline devices.  unless they steal our smartphone or PC device to be manipulated manually

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: