Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:42:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: hardware wallets safe?  (Read 10156 times)
Fireag

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 07:11:21 PM

My friends and I use cold wallets to store cryptocurrencies and they are really very good. After all, before that, my friends had their wallets cracked and they were losing their coins. Therefore, do not spare money to purchase a cold wallet!
novy

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2019, 07:38:42 PM

Several days ago I have received my first hardware wallet - ledger nano s. I wanted to start with the cheapest device on the market. Quality of the materials are not the best, but reasonable. What is sad that I can keep only 3 apps at the same time. This way I will have to buy more devices. From the security perspective, it looks ok and I like the buttons with which you have to approve the transaction.

Cryptrx

Activity: 498
Merit: 1

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 07:42:54 PM

Yes, there are your best bet when it comes to securing your funds. Except you lose your hardware wallet plus your passcode, you have nothing to worry unlike using ordinary wallet that can be phished.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND •
Greatchu

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 01:38:09 AM

Hardware wallets are better than other wallets except offline wallets e.g paper wallet which i consider to be better than hardware and other wallets combine

Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 01:41:40 AM

Hardware wallets are the best, in terms of security most especially. There cannot be any wallet safer than that. Unlike hot wallets, hardware wallets cannot simply be accessed by anyone through the internet. That makes it effectively unreachable to a certain extent, most especially during these times when hacking is becoming a bigger problem.
pishite

Activity: 966
Merit: 132

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 05:05:25 AM

Trezor and ledger are the safest wallets at the moment and you can be sure about your funds. Since the coins are not stored on the computer, but in the wallet itself. If they want to break the wallet, hackers will need access to the wallet itself.
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 05:14:19 AM

I think the most safest offline wallets. Only you have acces to this kind of wallet.
Ledger and trezor have 3rd party person, and if tomorow they gone by some reasons you lost your funds

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
beachbummer

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 05:33:26 AM

Just make sure that you buy the hardware wallet directly from a reputable source, and not second-hand or from unknown web site. There have been cases where the software inside the hardware wallet was modified such that the private key is fixed and known to the seller, so any funds you deposit will be lost.
juperos

Activity: 459
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 06:16:11 AM

it is certainly the safest wallet to date. Currently I use Ledger and I am holding quite a bit of Bitcoin there.
I am quite confident in it because it is offline and hackers cannot invade.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
beachbummer

Activity: 251

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 09:28:47 AM

it is certainly the safest wallet to date. Currently I use Ledger and I am holding quite a bit of Bitcoin there.
I am quite confident in it because it is offline and hackers cannot invade.

Your wallet does not need to be online in order to lose your BTC. Your BTC is stored on the chain and is tied to a private key.

That said, the chances of randomly guessing your private key is astronomically hard.
BlinkInDie

Activity: 149
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 09:34:51 AM

I'm using a hardware wallet and its actually good. It has 2fa and it requires you to have both your phone, and hardware wallet before you can make a transaction. But I don't recommend having all your funds to be saved on that wallet, I have mine saved on 3~4 different ones.
Icologies

Activity: 994

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 09:50:50 AM

I personally think it is safe as an offline wallet offers the highest level of security for storing crypto is it involves storing the funds in a secured place that is not connected to any network. This type of wallet can also offer good protection against computer vulnerabilities. The hardware wallets are the best type of offline wallet that offers very high security and ease of use. Also, as these wallets allow backup, you can easily recover your funds if you lose this device.

One such example of a hardware wallet is Trezor. It operates as secure cold storage. You can easily transfer bitcoins to the device using the Trezor interface, which is accessible from macOS, Linux, Windows, and Android. Its interface is quite easy to use that lists your coins and recent transactions.

Trezor uses a 12 to 24-word seed for protection and recovery and a user-defined PIN. You can also add an encrypted passphrase to your wallet for an added layer of security.

what say u?
of course, what you say is true that hardware wallets are very safe and trustworthy. I personally also use this hardware wallet, because the security is good, the transaction is easy, and easy to use.

romecheo

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 10:11:00 AM

So far the most safest wallet, just don't forget to buy at trusted seller, or else your seed could be already compromised.

Hardware wallet secures your cryptos, even the workstation are infected with malware.

If you have a vast amount of valuable cryptos, try to divide it to the multiple hardware wallet.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
Krabby

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

https://primedao.eth.link/#/

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 01:23:57 PM

It is the safest of all types of wallets in this market. You won't need to be too concerned if you protect it carefully and don't lose it. No one will hack your wallet

██████████
                   ████████████
                 ██████████████
               ████████████████
             ██████████████████
██████████           ██████████          ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████           ███████     ██████████████████
██████████████████████████     ████████████████████
████████████████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████████████████     ████████████████████████
████████████████████     ██████████████████████████
██████████████████     ███████           ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████          ██████████           ██████████
                    ██████████████████
                    ████████████████
                    ██████████████
                    ████████████
                    ██████████
PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance
Little_king
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 02:02:34 PM

I have not use or see any one around using it but I believe its save than online wallet and that can also be recover once you have your key available , and I also think the major issue in losing one coins are the way many Loose guide on their key which is major problem many face .

[ IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
http://ixinium.io/
tiedcoin

Activity: 89
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 12:14:21 PM

Yes, hardware wallets are the safest wallets. We just have to keep our seed protected and offline.
pankowri

Merit: 63

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 12:38:33 PM

You can say hardware wallet almost safe rather than the online wallet. To hold your asset,you can choose hardware wallet to store your seeds for future. Everything is risky in online and there are many hackers around us to steal our assets. That's why, we need to be careful all time.

novy

Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2019, 12:49:49 PM

I have reviewed the Ledger Nano devices. The hardware looks safe, the chip is a secure piece of hardware. I prefer the USB device because the bluetooth model potentially can be sniffed and the info can be captured between wallet and PC. 

mdenys

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 02:37:19 PM

I have been holding my bitcoins and etherium at my Ledger Nano S wallet for a few years already and no one satoshi has gone yet, so I am sure it is safe.
Om.monata

Activity: 936

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 03:00:00 PM

So far the most safest wallet, just don't forget to buy at trusted seller, or else your seed could be already compromised.

Hardware wallet secures your cryptos, even the workstation are infected with malware.

If you have a vast amount of valuable cryptos, try to divide it to the multiple hardware wallet.
buying at a trusted seller is also a concern that must be done, because now there are so many sellers who have opened the seal of the hardware wallet and it is dangerous for the security of the assets of the buyer
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: