Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:37:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] New Stabletoken ROKS on the Ethereum network  (Read 19119 times)
flyonwall (OP)

Activity: 250
Merit: 100

RockStable Token Inc

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2019, 12:07:59 AM

Finally, a Stabletoken You can Use at the Corner Store

Introducing ROKS, a stabletoken with its own payment system, built using smart contracts in the Ethereum network.

Most stablecoins / stabletokens focus too much on coming up with a decentralized stability mechanism. We focus instead on building network effects, by establishing trust on the accept-side. Our payment system is also unique in that, unlike most crypto payment systems, our focus is in making it easy for vendors to accept ETH and ROKS. We call this the "accept-side" strategy rather than the usual "spend-side" strategy in which the crypto never gets in the hands of vendors (it is converted to fiat, and fiat is what the vendor receives).

Or course, we are not saying that we don't have a stability mechanism. We do. In the beginning, stability is guaranteed by backing every ROKS with a USD. Later, we will apply monetary economics principles to implement a centralized stability mechanism, largely based on tried and true free banking stability practices. (Banks used to be allowed to issue their own notes, which they kept stable for the most part, unless laws constrained their ability to do so.) We don't believe that it is currently possible to implement a completely automated or algorithmic stability mechanism. Pegging to USD is very simple and reliable. However, unlike Tethers, we do not promise that every ROKS will be backed by USD, all we promise is that we will keep ROKS stable because it is crucially in our interest to keep it stable. In order for you to trust us in this, we may entrust the backing USD to another entity, like Stably is doing. Unlike Stably, however, again we do not promise one-to-one backing with USD.

Are We Just Another Bank?

No, we are not a bank. We are not licensed to be a bank. We believe in the technology of blockchains, distributed ledgers, and hashgraphs. Bitcoin has proven that a trustless system can work and in fact flourish. Bitcoin is truly decentralized and even its "monetary policy" is decentralized by being very simple: nobody controls issuance of bitcoins, instead bitcoins are released according to a strict schedule, with an absolute upper limit in quantity.

That's where the rub is, with Bitcoin: by being totally decentralized it has traded stability for a very simple monetary policy. This monetary policy removes the ability of Bitcoin to build network effects associated with a true medium of exchange. Our surveys indicate that small vendors are not willing to accept Bitcoin, or any cryptocurrency for that matter. The reason is precisely because Bitcoin is volatile. Small vendors are already in a risky business, and accepting volatile cryptos unnecessarily adds another layer of risk. If you are in doubt about this reasoning, just ask yourself why, after a decade now, Bitcoin has not become a popular medium of exchange, after so many attempts at making it popular.

Our First Target Market

Our go-to market area is the world remittance business. This is where cryptos really shine: cross-border remittance. However, we are currently a tiny startup and we can't afford a worldwide roll-out like Facebook can. We are therefore currently focused in the Philippines. There are more than ten million Filipinos who work outside of their beloved country. The money they regularly send home account for about a third of the Philippine GDP. We are excited to be able to help out by reducing the cost of sending money home.

How Can You Participate?

Right now we have lined up a couple ways that you can participate:
  • You can buy our EVAN tokens when it becomes available;
  • You can buy our EVAN tokens and actively seek vendors who are willing to install our point-of-sale app called "MainSale".

We are currently applying to list our EVAN and ROKS tokens at exchanges. EVAN tokens are a territorial license to MainSale. Once listed, you can buy EVAN tokens as a passive participant or an active participant. You are a passive participant if you buy EVAN tokens and do nothing with these. You can sell them later, but once you sell and install our MainSale app to a vendor's device you become an active participant. As an active participant, the benefits are
  • The vendor pays you for helping understand and install the MainSale app; and
  • The payment system pays you 0.7% of the amount paid in ETH for every ETH payment received through that MainSale app.

More Details in Our Website

Our website: https://rockstable.io has a listing of all our team members, our white paper, etc.

"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
workasset1

Activity: 170
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 12:39:00 AM

Please join our Social Media Channels:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/puremoneytech/
Telegram: https://t.me/ROKS_stabletoken
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/18448617/admin/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/RockstableT
Medium: https://medium.com/rockstable
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/Rockstabletoken
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rockstabletoken9/
hackmyl1fe

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 10:40:51 AM

Hello team. When and where can I buy EVAN tokens?
I also want to know how to make money using your point-of-sale app called "MainSale"? Thank for answer in advance Grin
sereban77

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 07:49:27 AM

Another stablecoin, do we really need another if we have so many of them right now? Is it really something special?
jimmy123j

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 08:26:45 AM

Followed, congrats for the start, i hope your coin will become as successful as USDT or TUSD.
dierypalopo

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2019, 09:05:26 AM

How to make profit using your coin? I understand it will be a stablecoin, but anyway
franciscodgv

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 09:46:08 AM

If you are from Phillippines, why to bind price to USD, not to your national currency?)
g0han

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 10:27:33 AM

Are you going to make IEO, ICO or something? How are you ging to make people invest in your token?
soprostar

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 11:05:08 AM

I'm worried, do you plan to make a bounty or airdrop or rewards program? Thanks for the answer.
traveler007

Activity: 840
Merit: 10

ZooomEx- a new cryptocurrency exchange!

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 11:10:39 AM

How much funds you have for bucked your token? Are this funds is have checked by some financial regulators? Where is your company registered? And how are you going to increase your backed capital?

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
flyonwall (OP)

Activity: 250

RockStable Token Inc

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2019, 11:19:28 AM

I also want to know how to make money using your point-of-sale app called "MainSale"? Thank for answer in advance Grin
EVAN token is not yet listed anywhere. It is used for installing MainSale and registering the vendor. Normally, an evangelist would buy EVAN tokens which she would then resell to a vendor as a territorial license to use MainSale. At this time, as a promotion, EVAN tokens are free. However, it is not on main net as yet. We still have it in the Ropsten test network at this time. We will announce when the EVAN token becomes available at an exchange, but this is not an issue while EVAN tokens are still free.

thin

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 11:53:53 AM

How much funds you have for bucked your token? Are this funds is have checked by some financial regulators? Where is your company registered? And how are you going to increase your backed capital?

We will be selling ROKS at 1.01 USD apiece. Each ROKS sold will therefore be automatically backed by at least one USD. The backing is stored with Prime Trust, which is a U.S.-based (and therefore U.S. regulated) entity. We do not promise 1-1 backing however. At some point in time 1-1 backing is not necessary because depending on which use-case ROKS is most used, assets other than USD can be used to back ROKS.
So you are going to sell me a coin backed by 1.00 usd at 1.01 usd price. Great start, but what would be an advantage for me to buy it at this price? It could take many years before new coin gets enough exposure.
RussianPirate

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 12:22:47 PM

I dont see any details about your road map, how can I find the information about your plans?
witak

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 01:03:26 PM

As I understood, you will be able to buy them when they will be listed on exchange or exchanges .
d3fc0n73

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 01:44:10 PM

Any information regarding dates? Or you don't know yet? Also, do you need any help with promotion?
dishku
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 01:52:12 PM

Another stablecoin, do we really need another if we have so many of them right now? Is it really something special?

Roks will be different from other stablecoins, The existing stablecoins out there are usually designed for exchanges while ROKS is meant as a medium of exchange for everyday stuff like groceries. Other stablecoins promises 1 to 1 backing at all times. We don't promise that because it amounts to very inefficient use of capital. However, we do promise to keep the peg to USD while USD keeps its value.

Than how could you say this is stable coin while there is no guarantee of capital than it will survive in long term. I think you want to say this is another cryptocurrency but want to sell at the amount of 1 USD and that is why you calling this new stablecoin.
ramadeda

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 05:26:05 PM

another stable currency. I wonder what advantages it will have over its competitors and what it will offer to investors.
EnumC

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 09:34:14 AM

How to make profit using your coin? I understand it will be a stablecoin, but anyway

Any currency is a two-sided market: the spend-side and the accept-side. No stablecoin has specifically focused on the accept-side as much as we do. We have built a payment system with a very simple point-of-sale app we call "MainSale". You can profit by spreading the use of MainSale among vendors in your area. You can sell the territorial license associated with every MainSale installation. All you need to do is obtain EVAN tokens (which will initially be free as a promotion). For every MainSale app that you install, you can charge the vendor for the territorial license.

In addition, you will be earning 0.7% of every ETH transaction that goes through that MainSale installation. This can be a regular source of income for you.
Wow, that's cool! I don't think any stablecoin has these features for now, so Rockstable can be innovative.
lopestecnologia

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 10:15:47 AM

Are you going to make IEO, ICO or something? How are you ging to make people invest in your token?

We will have a "bounty" for evangelists. Evangelists are people who go around their area convincing vendors to install MainSale, our point-of-sale app.
It's like promoters or trading agents, do you need this evangelists only in Phillippines?
Doyer

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 10:53:18 AM

I'd like to see more successful currencies in Phillippines, this nation is one of the most interested on Blockchain among Asian
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: