Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:42:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Atomic Wallet - Dangerous?  (Read 308 times)
Kongxx (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 05:21:08 AM

I got a msg when i tried to download and install Atomic Wallet onto my Windows 7 of Acer notebook. How do you think? Can i install this wallet?

This type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep attomicwallet.exe anyway? [KEEP] [DISCARD] tabs

MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 08:23:10 AM

Where did you download it from? I hope from the official link? Did you check for SSH certification of the website before-hand?
Anyway, Chrome does acts like this when you try to download some particular wallets or miners. It's safe unless you know you didn't download it from a proper source.
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 08:29:16 AM

I do get similar notifications when downloading third party apps and softwares but usually they are safe but still i would say that you should stay alert and do more due diligence as the new wallets and exchanges can be unsafe so i recommend to use reputed and established wallets only.

viljy

Activity: 1792
Merit: 935

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 09:32:39 AM

I got a msg when i tried to download and install Atomic Wallet onto my Windows 7 of Acer notebook. How do you think? Can i install this wallet?

This type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep attomicwallet.exe anyway? [KEEP] [DISCARD] tabs

You need to install from the official website. And there the file is called "atomicwallet". Your file is "attomicwallet". And in General it is better to install on the phone from the official app store.
rjp55

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2019, 09:57:40 AM

This is the common warning when installing any wallets on windows. If you download it from the official source, there won't be any problem.

░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░                                         
              ░░▒▓▓███▓▓░░████████████████▓░                                   
          ░▓▓▓▒██████████░ ███████████████████▒                                 
       ░▓██▒░  ███████████▓ ▒███████████████████▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓                     
  ▒▓▓▓██▒     ████████   ▒██░ ██████████▓▒░      █████████████████▓▓▒░         
 ▓█▒░░        ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░▒███░ ▓▓▓▒░░   ░░▒▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒       ░▒▓███████▓▒░   
 █                                               ░▒▒▓▓██████████▓▒░░░▒▓██████▓█
 █▒  ▒▓▓▒░▒▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░                                    ░▒▓▓████████▓▓▒░   ▒█
 ░█ ▒████▓  ▒▒░▒▒▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░                            ░▒      ░▓██ 
  ▒███▒▓▓██  ░              ▒░░█████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░          ░░ ▓██████▓▓▒
    ▓█▓▓▒▓█▓ ▒              ▒▒▓███  ███████████▓▓█▓░░▒▒░░░  ▓███████▓████████ ▓█
     ░█  ▓██▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓████████▓░   ████▒▒▓▓▓▓██████      ░ ████████▒█████▓▒  ▒█
      ▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░                ▒███ ░███▓█▓▓████░    ▓ ████████▓▓█▓▒    ▓▓▓ 
      ░▓█████▓▒▓██████▓▒░         ▒██▓ ██▒  ██▓▓████    ▒  ░            ▒██▒   
        ░▒         ░▒▓█████████▓▒  ██▒ █▓    ██▒█████    ▒▒▒░░░▒░░░█▓▒▓██▓     
                          ░▒▓█████████ ██    ▓█▒█████▓             ░▓██▓       
                                  ░▒▓█▓ ██ ░▒██░██████▓  ▒▒▒░   ▒▓███▒         
                                      █▓▒▓████░▓████▓ ▓▓▓██████████░           
                                       ▓█▓▓▓▓▓█████▓          ░▒▒               
                                         ▒▓▓██▓▒░                               

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
Ann Thread
Bounty Thread
jagaban
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 12:01:05 PM

Like everyone has been posting. Are you sure you downloaded the application from the official source? That is atomic wallet official website? There are a lot of phishing applications online which have been carefully created to steal your keys and hack your wallet. Be safe.

zulfi125

Activity: 1382
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 12:33:05 PM

As you know Atomic wallet is trusty wallet and this is not scam and no any harmful file in Atomic wallet so no any issue in Atomic wallet.

masulum
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1596

hmph..

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2019, 12:41:41 PM

If you are trying to download from Google Chrome, some times system on this browser give warning about downloaded wallet. If you are on official websites, and still got this warning just ignore that warning. But, if you are download from outside (not from official sites) please don't continue download to help you avoid bad scripts on wallet.

DYOR.

HOLD...
Uju4real
Copper Member

Activity: 349
Merit: 0

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 12:59:13 PM

This is not applicable to Atomic wallet only, almost all of them does that especially when you are downloading through Chrome. Once I am downloading from a reliable source i don't mind

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
Galantin

Activity: 602
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 01:06:15 PM

First of all, this wallet was not bad, but it came out quite recently. Secondly, it is not known what is trying to crawl into your system under it. Perhaps you visited the scam website and downloaded the wrong product. It is worth all to double-check before installing.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 01:08:17 PM

the less popular the wallets the harder it is to trust them because they are not reviewed and can have any kind of back doors and shady things inside of them, so the answer to your question is "maybe".

the only thing you can do is go find the source code of the wallet you are trying to install and then download the source code (assuming it is open source, if it is not then stay the hell away). the review the code yourself and see what it is doing and then use it.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 01:24:45 PM

I don't think it will harm your device since we very often see this notification with some file downloading sites. Anyway, you must consider checking the file authentication by any provided hash/PGP key. It would be better. I have heard about atomic wallet and I guess it is a trusted wallet.
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 02:34:52 PM

Where did you download it from? I hope from the official link? Did you check for SSH certification of the website before-hand?
Anyway, Chrome does acts like this when you try to download some particular wallets or miners. It's safe unless you know you didn't download it from a proper source.
Correct, just like other member experience, Chrome download miners wallet have a warning message and let user choose to keep or decline the file. Just make sure wallet is download from official website, use online virus scanner check the file, such as virustotal and kaspersky, after everything is pass then wallet is safe to installed.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2019, 02:40:16 PM

Atomic wallet has extensively advertised itself as a multicurrency wallet on both mobile and desktop. They might be thinking of earning from the fees of the internal exchange but still there operation and advertisement seems suspicious. I'd not trust a large amount to keep with them as they are more profit focused than anything else. It remind me of holywallet.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
asder250

Activity: 708
Merit: 103

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 03:17:09 PM

No, it is only information that Microsoft doesn´t know the certificates. Since Atomic wallet is a small company, it will take a long time to get these certificates.  Sad

Mypanara19

Activity: 826
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2019, 03:28:22 PM

I had same experience and I was taken aback if I would still continue with what I am doing during that time, what I did was I use my mobilephone instead just to make sure the donwload would not compromise anything with my pc and of course my accounts. Everytime I received an alert sich that same warning I am started to get paranoid that perhaps if I will continue the dl sooner or later I will get hack so I just stop the dl at once.
silver23

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 03:38:30 PM

what ? are you really that is real ?
i am used Atomic wallet the frist time when that Atomic project just begin, i join ICO airdrop and bounty campain too.
as i know the Atomic Wallet is safe and have an innovation that swap system and now they get partner with Binance Dex.
i really don't believe with this issue.
betty11
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 03:43:50 PM

It does happen to me when installing or application my my window 10. I always ensure I download from the right source by using the developers website. This way am safe. I have the desktop atomic swap wallet on my laptop.
elitemobb

Activity: 579
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 04:48:14 PM

I think you do not need to worry and you can safely install a wallet on your computer. Often such situations also arise for the antivirus that you use, but I assure you that the Atomic project is a good project with a cool product and you should not worry about the integrity of your personal information on your device.
Shatterlean22

Activity: 350
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 05:52:11 PM

Its safe if you download it from the official source e.g atomic wallet very own website ,do not run the .exe file if its from another source because it might be a trojan file or virus

storichain.io ❂ Storichain Official Bounty Campaign
• ● START: 25 JUNE 2019 ● • (https://storichain.io)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: