Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:07:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Books  (Read 416 times)
thirdprize

Activity: 485
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2019, 12:43:01 PM

Why didn't you include Satoshi's original Whitepaper? That is the best "Bitcoin Book" I believe. For anyone wanting to get into the technical side of bitcoin, reading the white-paper is a good way to start. It may look daunting and all complicated in the beginning but you'll get a basic idea of what you're getting involved into.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/White-Paper-Satoshi-Nakamoto/dp/1999675924

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kik1977

Activity: 593
Merit: 505

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 12:52:41 PM

Is there any sense in these books? If you better understand crypto? Have you started to trade better?

They aren't books about trading. They talk about Bitcoin.

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2019, 01:37:57 PM

What are some of your favorite books on Bitcoin?

Here are a few of mine.

Bitcoin For Dummies by Prypto
Mastering Bitcoin: Programming The Open Blockchain by Andreas M. Antonopoulos
The Internet Of Money by Andreas M. Antonopoulos
Cryptoassets: The Innovative Investors Guide To Bitcoin And Beyond by Chris Burniske and Jack Tatar
The Bitcoin Standard: The Decentralized Alternative To Central Banking by Saifedean Ammous

Smartphone is a trend on our current generation so I think only few people still reads books nowadays that almost all have an access on the internet. Those are really helpful but to obtain those books still costs some money. If you can get the same info for free then the majority would prefer it.
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2019, 01:47:11 PM

Is there any sense in these books? If you better understand crypto? Have you started to trade better?

It is very strange to ask this question. For sure, books on Bitcoin, written by those people, who have been dealing with cryptocurrencies for years, can be helpful. You do not need to buy them in the stores - just read the stuff online or download them if you use torrents. Audiobooks on cryptocurrencies are available on YouTube, and there are some podcasts devoted to this crypto.

Actually i would prefer a list of ebooks freely available, preferably in .epub format for my Linux based (Sony) ereader. The group that needs to be purchased is off limits to the people in my country, that is, unless you know of a book store that accepts bitcoin... Which Amazon clearly isn't, and i'd rather avoid the convoluted way of buying Amazon gift cards...

As for trading, he would need books on trading. Doubt understanding the coins themselves would make him any good trader, but it might convince him to hold...

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 04:25:14 PM

It is a good thing that you listed this books here because I have been looking for a way to read some books on bitcoin , and I hope that I would be able to read them online or able to buy them in the country where I am living which I doubt because the level of adoption of bitcoin in my country is still very low, so most book vendors would be very careful in buying them to sell because they might not have the market target for it.

The only media stuff that I have seen on bitcoin are documentaries in form of video, I am only hoping now that we will have some video that is not documentary on  bitcoin because that will really go a long way in making people know about bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2019, 01:15:48 AM

Really, I have never read any of these books from the list you mentioned in your post. I do not know, may be because I do not like reading for the last period of time. May be because the whole world has a tendency to listen to the information more than to read it. But will read for sure some of these represented books. It turned out to be interesting for me after some comments in this topic. Thank you. Will save these links for myself.

Yes, unfortunately the modern world is increasingly moving away from reading books. But on the other hand, this pace of life leaves no choice. Still, if you have some free time, read something from the list. I wish you luck.

The future of Bitcoin is incomprehensible. At the same time, the venture capitalist Barry Silbert at the Goldman Sachs conference noted that Bitcoin will either change everything or nothing. Refer to the proposed list of books more often, and you will have every chance to become an active participant in these changes. I guess we need to read much if we want to learn BTC and crypto.

Incomprehensible? Its crystal clear to me: Deflationary coin, untied to govs or banks, what else do you need to know? Yeah its electronic and tamper proof, which makes it border-less and transacts fast enough for most needs.

It might even trigger the world to move into deflationary economies, and it was about time people (finally) learned about the Austrian school... Chicago boys can go packing home.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
peter0425

Activity: 2632
Merit: 441

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 03:19:59 AM

I am not fanfic of books and don’t even love reading ,but I am watching videos and movies about bitcoin and blockchain ,same as those altcoin videos that worth watching for

Those are educational books. People who are still finding it difficult with understanding bitcoin should go for them, they are real books explaining in details about bitcoin. Although, if they are accessed through the internet, that will be nice too.
Some of them are available in internet I believe and some are for sale.

And I believe that even those old bitcoiners are having difficulties of what and ho bitcoin works and why we must trust and learn about this

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
btctaipei

Activity: 141
Merit: 62

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 03:57:12 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2019, 04:07:43 AM by btctaipei

They aren't books about trading. They talk about Bitcoin.
Let's not forget good old encyclopedia such as Bitcoin Wiki!

it is more comprehensive than any single book IMHO
topic such as privacy are book all by itself - take https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Privacy
for example.

my PGP Key https://pastebin.com/b7nYutWC
pgp key server search 0x4BCC117F9EFB1A97
thirdprize

Activity: 485
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2019, 10:26:59 AM

Why didn't you include Satoshi's original Whitepaper? That is the best "Bitcoin Book" I believe. For anyone wanting to get into the technical side of bitcoin, reading the white-paper is a good way to start. It may look daunting and all complicated in the beginning but you'll get a basic idea of what you're getting involved into.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/White-Paper-Satoshi-Nakamoto/dp/1999675924

This is actually a good book.  It goes through the white paper line by line explaining what it all means.  It also contains some of Satoshis correspondence from the time.

cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 11:28:21 AM

What are some of your favorite books on Bitcoin?

Here are a few of mine.

Bitcoin For Dummies by Prypto
Mastering Bitcoin: Programming The Open Blockchain by Andreas M. Antonopoulos
The Internet Of Money by Andreas M. Antonopoulos
Cryptoassets: The Innovative Investors Guide To Bitcoin And Beyond by Chris Burniske and Jack Tatar
The Bitcoin Standard: The Decentralized Alternative To Central Banking by Saifedean Ammous

Speaking of "The Bitcoin Standard: The Decentralized Alternative To Central Banking by Saifedean Ammous", I should have gotten that for free at Token 2049 Hongkong. However, due to being busy in networking with other crypto enthusiasts, I missed the chance of getting that book for free after my friend got her own copy in that same event.

I do have two books related to that, but more on blockchain technology. Cryptocurrency Wizards by Shaun Djie and Kai Cheng Chng of Digix, and Blockchain Revolution by Don and Alex Tapscott. Although I haven't finished reading those books yet, but I learned a lot from those.

I'm used to buy a lot of books when I was in the network marketing industry, more on sales, leadership, motivational, relationship, spiritual, etc. Now I have plans to start collecting books about Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
Mandoy

Activity: 644
Merit: 264

Aurox

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 06:17:12 AM

I havent yet read those books that you mentioned since I am focused on online articles and tutorials about bitcoin. But I am thankful for you for posting those books and I am going to check it out.I do hope there is available in the nearest bookstore in our place.

These books will be very helpful to the bitcoin community especially to the newbies who just have entered the crypto world.

Aurox.

Designed to make
you money
|Proprietary Indicators
& Signals
|||                  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄
                ▄████████▀█▄▀
            ▄▄██████████▀
           ██████████▀██
          ███████████▄▄ ▄▄
         ██████████████ ▀▀█▄
     ▄▄████████████▀▄█▀   ▀▀
▄▀▀ ███████████▀▀▀ ██▀
▀▄▄▀ ██████▀ ▄▄
      ████▀ ██▀
     ███▀  █▀
     ▄█▌  ▐█▌
     ▀██   ▀▀
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████   ████

Get Started. FREE!
██   ████   ██████   ████████   ██████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 06:34:44 AM

ok, thank for the list, mate.

though I won't download and read these books, cause I'm a regular person who do not need high level of knowledge about bitcoin, cause I'm not going to develop bitcoin in any way
but common knowledge about bitcoin and how it is working is quite enough to use it ( I mean sell and keep).. It's like a LCD TV or microwave oven  for housewife, she do not understands how these pieces of tech is working, but she are using them everyday.
but, thank you, anyway..
jake zyrus

Activity: 798
Merit: 121

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 12:07:15 PM

I have never read a book regarding cryptocurrency or bitcoin. Well, I am not even a fan of reading books and I don't see books about bitcoin being popular here. The nature of bitcoin is digital and we tend to rely more digitally than physical books (even on other cases). Gathering information about bitcoin is much easier online. It takes more time reading the whole book if you're only looking for a certain information. This is only my opinion, and if other want to read books about bitcoin, then go. I'm not stopping you.

Realroy

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 12:32:09 PM

i never thought of learning bitcoin trading from books, to be honest never knew, there were books on it. will definitely have a look to see what different they are offering than what is already on the internet.
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 01:10:12 PM

The book will become senseless if the reader isn't really understanding what is written in the article if a person basically just read the whole book without understanding it's senseless. Reading books about bitcoin is not about developing your skills in trading but helping you to understand each and every aspect of bitcoin. Reading books will be a really big help if you're gonna understand whats written on it.

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
Ashong Salonga

Activity: 882
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 01:46:42 PM

Right now there are many books about bitcoin and i am really confident that many more books will publish soon and there is no doubt that this books is really helpful for all of the newbie here in cryptoworld that's why i am hoping many people will read a books about bitcoin they can get an idea on it.

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████████████▀▀░░░░███
███████████▌░░░░░░███
███████████░░░░██████
███████████░░░░██████
████████░░░░░░░░░░▐██
████████░░░░░░░░░░███

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

▀██████████░░░░█████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
████▀██████▀░░░▀▀▄███
████░░▀▀███░░░░░░▄███
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▐████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░▄█████

████▀█▄░░░░░░░▄██████

█████▄░░░░░▄▄████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
███░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░███
██░░▄█████████▀▀▄░░██
██░░███▀▀░░░▀▀▄▄█░░██
██░░██▀░▄███▄░▀██░░██
██░░██░░█████░░██░░██
██░░██▄░▀███▀░▄██░░██

██░░███▄▄░░░▄▄███░░██

██░░▀███████████▀░░██

███░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░███

█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀████
██████████▀▀░░░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░▄▀░░░█████
████░░░░▄▄▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄▐█░░░░░░██████

███████▌▌░░░░░▐██████

████████▄██▄▄░███████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 02:02:51 PM

I have been with crypto for years and it is still fun to read Bitcoin and crypto books until now. It is good for those who are curious and seeking answers about crypto. However, there are advanced tutorials and informative resources aside from books if you want to understand things clearer. You can watch different videos about Bitcoin on youtube. Informative articles will also be a big help.
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 03:37:07 PM

I have been with crypto for years and it is still fun to read Bitcoin and crypto books until now. It is good for those who are curious and seeking answers about crypto. However, there are advanced tutorials and informative resources aside from books if you want to understand things clearer. You can watch different videos about Bitcoin on youtube. Informative articles will also be a big help.

There are things that we still need to learn not only Bitcoin but also cryptocurrency/digital currency. Time will come that we will fully adapt the world of crypto and it would be better to learn everything so we can share something for those who don't have any idea what crypto is.

As per study, there are 153 million addresses belonging to users in BTC base system, total world's population is 7.7B,  so roughly only 2% of the world's population knows cryptocurrency.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: