Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:29:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why DEX (Decentralized Exchange) still unpopular?  (Read 1360 times)
Flezy

Activity: 707
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 10:01:25 PM

Humans likes things being easy, convenient and fast, and these are some of the features decentralized exchanges lacks; that is, the UI of most decentralized exchanges aren't user friendly and/or attractive when compared with most centralized exchanges.
Also, the volume in centralized exchanges are far greater than that in DEX.
So I think, these are some of the limitations in DEX which keeps users a bay, that is to say should there be any DEX which will offer users ease of use and convinence, they will surely go for it, as there is also high security in DEX.
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 10:11:15 PM

It's not as though decentralized exchanges are not yet popular, many of us use them but centralized exchanges still have an edge over them. Talking about user interface, swiftness of operation, trading volume and liquidity, decentralized exchanges still have a long way to go. That's the reason why many crypto enthusiasts still prefer to trade on centralized exchanges like Binance, Okex, Kucoin, Bitfinex, Bittrex etc even with the risk of hack involved. I believe very soon things will take proper shape for decentralized exchanges, it's just a matter of time. I'm yet to see a DEX which has comparative features to CEX.
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 10:42:42 PM

dex volume is low and using dex is someimes very risky and also you cant use bot in dex trading so you cant generate huge volume or liquid for a token.thats why dex user is low but dex exchange is future Smiley

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 11:48:29 PM

Hi all traders!

Why traders still using Centralized Exchange?

Bisq have $1.4m volume. Someone seems to use it Smiley
pedpedped101

Activity: 552
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 11:50:00 PM

It will definitely take some time more before we can begin to see so much volume one decentralized exchanges. One of the reason i have always preferred DEXes, is because of the real volume on them. Centralized exchanges most times use bot, which might make trading a little difficult for newbies. Also, most DEXes are to work on their interface and make it more advanced.
Menawi12

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 01:51:15 AM

dex volume is low and using dex is someimes very risky and also you cant use bot in dex trading so you cant generate huge volume or liquid for a token.thats why dex user is low but dex exchange is future Smiley
Most reason why DEX unpopular because the volume not big compare centralized exchangers. With big volume, the price could rising and more liquidity. Investor must be looking for liquidity and most centralized exchangers provide it, perhaps that why people prefer choosing centralized exchangers

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
Jatawneh

Activity: 281
Merit: 18

Arabs Bitcoin CEO

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2019, 02:05:37 AM

DEXs are still make up a small portion of the total volume of digital currency trading; however, they are gaining in popularity. If you are with centralized exchange, a higher level of responsibility is always needed to safeguard your own assets.

Inu.Guren

Activity: 379
Merit: 100

homt.net

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 04:32:13 PM

Centralized Exchanges have liquidity than dexes. and many people prefer Centralized exchanges over decentralized ones.  But there are good Decentralized exchanges also there like IDEX. People still use it the same as the centralized exchanges.
th problem in liquidity form DEX is serious that's why people are not interest trying to trading in Decentralized exchange than Central Exchange.
low volume maybe and most sites are slow when accessed

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
herfianto

Activity: 672

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2019, 05:00:54 PM

I use DEX several times, in my opinion the  cause is low trade volume and some of DEX exchange has a very slow performance in trade.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 05:47:06 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2019, 06:01:01 PM by PuertoLibre

Waves DEX started new demo trading competition for increasing the popularity and the Waves developers fixed reported issues on the Waves DEX. It will be a big competition and decentralised platforms will be a future. Binance dex is also a nice alternative for using it for the traidng limited altcoins.
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 01:30:17 AM

Maybe because the centralized exchange is faster than decentralized one.
I am using forkdelta as my decentralized exchange, and sometimes the order book can freezing.
For traders, it is good to using centralized exchange to trading quickly. But for the holders who want to sell or buy coin only and not trading, using DEX is good.

CryptoTech_

Activity: 994
Merit: 106

Official Street Team member

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 02:48:54 AM

DEX will be popular if he can present a BTC pair
Now DEX only has one pair, it can't deliver multi pairs like those in centralized exchanges, that's what traders want and that's why DEX isn't popular yet

Beyond Protocol Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk thread
bayu7adi

Activity: 1428
Merit: 545

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2019, 02:57:39 AM

people trust the centralized exchange more than the decentralized exchange is because of its better features. Just imagine with Bittrex or Binance (which is a giant two centralized exchange) can allow users to make transactions anonymously and also can buy coins easily because of the help of developers ...
different from EtherDelta, which is one of the decentralized exchanges which in my opinion is not enough to be used as a medium of trading by professional traders because the transaction speed of EtherDelta is not satisfactory
JasmineRose

Activity: 630
Merit: 118

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 03:35:41 AM

But i like Dex. It can be manage wd well than centralized exchange. But i like cex also. For example binance, indodax from my country😁. I like all exchange. Except small or new exchange

setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 05:50:44 AM

Hi all traders!
Why you always using Centralized Exchange to trade Decentralized Asset?
Too many 'hacked' news or maybe "hacked by internal" at 2019, Cryptopia, Binance, Huobi, Etc.

Centralized Exchange

+ Huge Volume
+ Fast CS Response

- Less security
- Not your keys, not your coins
- Paid to list

Binance has launch Binance DEX but still have low volume and pair only for BNB (not BTC)

I am still using centralized exchangers because when make transaction, its very fast execution and more liquidity. Big exchangers like binance give assurance to their members that their funds are safe and i think exchangers will always improve their security
andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 06:16:38 AM

DEX will be popular if he can present a BTC pair
Now DEX only has one pair, it can't deliver multi pairs like those in centralized exchanges, that's what traders want and that's why DEX isn't popular yet

Most exchanger, centralized or decentralized using bitcoin as main pairs in their platform because bitcoin is main cryptocurrency. I think DEX still not popular yet because transction volume still low, but i think DEX will be popular in near future because centralized exchangers always have issue with regulation
Jpti

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 06:30:09 AM

Cryptocurrency is like a whim. The people follow other people blindly. If a coin rises vertically in price, other people will follow the people without trying to understand how price of the coin has increased. So is the case with exchanges centralized or decentralized. People are using extensively some popular exchanges like binance, coinbase, bitbtc etc without trying to know what is decentralized exchange is and what benefits one can get from it.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
CryptosAnalist

Activity: 79
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 07:27:40 AM

Hi all traders!
Too many 'hacked' news or maybe "hacked by internal" at 2019, Cryptopia, Binance, Huobi, Etc.

Centralized Exchange

+ Huge Volume
+ Fast CS Response

- Less security
- Paid to list

Binance has launch Binance DEX but still have low volume and pair only for BNB (not BTC)
Because actually the traders does not care about the decentralize application, they just think about the price of cryptocurrencies and how they can get money in cryptocurrencies fast, even some of people don't know about the benefits of decentralize application dapps on trading cryptocurrencies.

I am financial independent of cryptocurrencies
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 07:41:10 AM

Cryptocurrency is like a whim. The people follow other people blindly. If a coin rises vertically in price, other people will follow the people without trying to understand how price of the coin has increased. So is the case with exchanges centralized or decentralized. People are using extensively some popular exchanges like binance, coinbase, bitbtc etc without trying to know what is decentralized exchange is and what benefits one can get from it.

And if there are no trading volumes then what's the point of using DEX? In this issue you can use the term "historically". People follow people; new projects do not tend to listing on DEX's (not to mention the fact that there are very few real DEX's); in this case, quality does not go into quantity, unfortunately.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Tervelatuk

Activity: 636
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 08:11:52 AM

Hi all traders!

Centralized Exchange

+ Huge Volume
+ Fast CS Response

- Less security
- Paid to list

Because actually the traders does not care about the decentralize application, they just think about the price of cryptocurrencies and how they can get money in cryptocurrencies fast, even some of people don't know about the benefits of decentralize application dapps on trading cryptocurrencies.
binance dex will changes everything about decentralized market.its volume growth smoothly and if many projects migrate in bnb chain , centralized exchanges with low volume will replaced.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: