Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:23:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't share your first email or KYC documents with every bounty or airdrop!!!  (Read 1727 times)
Tipstar

Activity: 1750
Merit: 278

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 01:00:00 AM

I'd use disposable emails while signing up with airdrops and have a different myetherwallet wallet to provide for ERC20 address. Though when they ask for social media, I need to provide them the real one as I don't have set up any fake accounts.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
realBitcoiner

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 10:25:06 AM

First of all, most of these bounties are paying pennies, so why would I even risk giving out my information for such useless amounts? I can't take such risk and I'm not stupid. Time has gone when I used to make such mistakes, this time around I don't do such, and I always avoid them. Cryptocurrency was created to be anonymous so I don't see the reason why anyone should be asking for KYC, they must be very stupid to be doing such and I am never going to fall for it. Even if the project claims to pay big, I'm still not going to fall for it, because I already know about all these wicked things they all do in the dark web.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌
The Exchange for the EOS Community!
ICO: 15th October - 20th November
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 10:53:53 AM

For airdrops use a separate email for each type of your activity, as well as a separate wallet and telegram account. This way you will increase your privacy and reduce the risk of hacking.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
Pet240

Activity: 486
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 12:24:42 PM

Any information that will predispose you to danger should not be shared with a third party and even a second party sometimes. You might feel you do not really use a particular email and give it out to just anybody. If you are sent anything phishing through it and you mistakenly click or it or make use of it, then it gets you predisposed. Most importantly, you need to be very careful with every information that comes your way.
Bitze
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1042

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 12:35:30 PM

complete temp addresses like trashmail oÄ. i never use them. where you could need them they are already blocked and for other cases they are not usable.
but i think everyone here has 2-10 mail addresses for various applications. so you can also see how much spam comes up via which channels and portals. already scary to see Roll Eyes
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 12:45:58 PM

complete temp addresses like trashmail oÄ. i never use them. where you could need them they are already blocked and for other cases they are not usable.
but i think everyone here has 2-10 mail addresses for various applications. so you can also see how much spam comes up via which channels and portals. already scary to see Roll Eyes
It could be safe to used another email at this time in bounty or even in KYC submission. It is better to stay safe rather than to be late and the worst that might our email add we've been hacked by someone. It gives me a reason not to participate airdrops or even bounty that requires KYC cause we know what would possibly be happen to us and I don't want to involve any of them.
Kwansimaa

Activity: 238
Merit: 12

send & receive money instantly,with no hidden cost

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 05:40:20 PM

wow, amazingly. I am really touched by your message and have come to a realization that not not every airdrop or bounty deserves my best email or KYC. I used to pass KYC for pennies which where not worth the work I was doing but still i kept on doing it, but now, I really know what to do with my best email and when to pass KYC as well.

pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 07:56:45 PM

I really agree with you no this one, you should be careful giving out your personal email to just any project because scammers can take advantage of that email and target you for phishing scam. It is advisable to have different email without your personal details on it.

nikola22

Activity: 1316

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 10:01:14 PM

it's an obvious thing and for airdrops and bounties every bounty hunter should create special email or even several emails.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
entebah

Activity: 1537
Merit: 153

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 10:16:48 PM

Yes, we must continue to be vigilant and continue to be careful when sending our valuable data to Airdrop and Bounty, because there are so many fraudsters roaming the Cryptocurrency, I hope we all avoid that cheater.
ungongbuotan

Activity: 290
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 10:26:57 PM

I have always been against the idea of bounties implementing kyc. Personally I don't use any social media platforms at all for I hate sharing my personal information online. As much as possible I always stat away from bounties that requires kyc. It is also not a bad idea to have back up emails aside from your personal email.
Ezio_Auditore

Activity: 487

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 06:00:42 AM

Remember once and for all: never share your personal data on the Internet with anyone. No rewards are worth your data that can then fall into the hands of scammers. You go through the KYC procedure and then see how your documents are sold. Remember, never do that!!!

▰▰▰▰  TRONBOMB  ▰▰▰▰
▰▰▰▰    PLAY AND EARN DIVIDENDS    ▰▰▰▰
 Dice Roll    Lucky Wheel     To The Moon 
Crypto5060

Activity: 441
Merit: 2

Theagriverse.io

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 03:08:54 AM

Yep you are right sometimes tokens or coins don't worth it even some exchanges don't worth your personal info as even good ones sometimes get hacked so all your personal info can be sold anywhere in the internet space.
Some exchange requires some level of verification before you can trade or withdraw some certain amounts. Its good to carry out kyc process but some projects ask rather too sensitive information way above kyc.

───────     AgriVerse     ► ► ►     Plant to Earn
█ █ █ █ █            WELCOME TO AGRIVERSE            █ █ █ █ █
●  TELEGRAM  ●  YOUTUBE  ●  TWITTER
103deltafox

Activity: 491
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 04:40:40 AM

Going by the meaning of kyc, know your customer, bounty hunters are not customers so i see no reason why kyc has to be carried on them, also for emails, I have a separate email for bounty, but some projects are bent on getting the kyc, this is where a bounty hunter needs to do research if the project is worth his or her kyc.

basicnecromancycr

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2019, 04:45:22 AM

Very good topic as I went through it. I'm planning to change my identity card which will result in present one as an unofficial and e-mail thing is easy these days. Thanks anyway.
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2072
Merit: 100

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 06:49:06 AM

Sadly its true that our docs sold out for some money. We all know very well that our docs can be misused still those who are participating actively in bounties and airdrops are forced to do KYC in the end of bounties otherwise they will not get reward for their work so they don't have choice to do KYC. I don't give my KYC for airdrops that I don't trust much as most of the airdrops are scam.

reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 07:21:59 AM

Thanks to OP for the enlightenment on KYC. Some of the projects are just in for the collection of personal data of participants in order sell to the dark web for their personal gains. Every investor must always be alert and ready to investigate into the project paying much attention to team in order to ascertain the authenticity level of the project before deciding on sending your KYC.
Successmaniac4

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2019, 09:42:03 PM

Aidrrops and bounties normally take our details. Most of them do not pay and they will take your details for their own benefit. It is better you create a new email and use that one solely for bounties. You also need to be selective in choosing projects that require KYC.

kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 06:37:05 PM

if for email we are still able to make a new one, but for KYC i'm not sure how to get anything else because if we fake KYC it is also an illegal activity that is not appropriate for practice. so try to always choose projects that will indeed be proven to pay and have good seriousness to build the project so that the KYC that we provide is also likely to be safe there

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 06:50:15 PM

This is one of my top reason I don't promote bounties requesting for KYC and airdrops too ,I never for once feel comfortable about sharing my I.D to people I don't know at all
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: