Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:57:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Libra (or Globalcoin)  (Read 615 times)
Gypsy.Danger
Copper Member

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

CryptoMarketAds

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 08:57:37 PM

Hello! I am confused with Facebook as I read they are not selling right now. Really, a lot of things you questioned about are remain to bee seen.
Right now, facebook coin was just launched their website, you can visit it and try to read their whitepaper to fully understand every detail. And for their tokensale, it is still TBA.

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
katerina5643

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 10:07:40 AM

hi, guys!
i was really surprised with the news that facebook's gonna provide all people kinda general-purpose stable coin.
in my ind its really cool idea that will completely change world of cryptocurrency.
also recently i've read read related article. u can check it. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/facebook-inc-fb-wants-more-220415665.html
khiholangkang

Activity: 2016
Merit: 560

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 10:22:34 AM

Right now, facebook coin was just launched their website, you can visit it and try to read their whitepaper to fully understand every detail. And for their tokensale, it is still TBA.
I think they will not hold token sales, even if they are definitely not available to the public (just like telegram is only private sales)

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
katerina5643

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 02:34:44 PM

hey , everyone. recently i have found an interesting thread regarding this discussion. You can check it following the link.
FLHippy

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 02:31:25 PM

Hello guys,

could you please help me to better understand Facebook coming coin project?
I am interested in these topics.

1. Libra and Globalcoin is just the different name for the same Facebook coin?
2. Now on 18th of June Facebook want to reveal the Libra (Globalcoin) project, but the coins will not be in sale? The lunch/sale is planned for the beginning of 2020?
3. Do you know how it will be possible to buy Facebook coins? Will this coin be listed on marketplaces like Bitstamp, Kraken ... or will it be possible just via Facebook apps?
4. Will the price be somehow regulated by Facebook or will it be fully open as other cryptocurrencies?

thanks

Stilicho

1. We thought that the name would be: Globalcoin, but Facebook named it as Libra (Libra project)
2. I think it will be postponed, they have many problems with US regulators.
3. You will buy coin in Calibri app after passing KYC, I do not think it will be listed on classic crypto exchanges.
4. Yes, it will be pegged to USD, Euro and other stable assets.  Smiley

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 02:39:22 PM

Not sure if there is more reasonable usage of this coin than just paying for Facebook ads. Nevertheless they will make an intuitive interface for wallets and any other software, so normies would understand how to use it. Kinda interesting what it could end up to, but it will shake the crypto world for sure imho.BTC
That will helps bringing newbies to this industry after learning it from FB they will be interested to know deeper and it will be the beginning of their interest into this market, crypto space will benefits in terms of additional awareness but in terms of additional investment only time can tell of there's as life coming from those new people to learn crypto.

thats also what im thinking  . i believe that fb's coin is the solution to help the crypto awareness grow bigger  because with the help of the popularity of fb , regular indivduals will become curious about thier coin in which they'l sool find them selves exploring for more related stuffs  . 

@Oliver1301  , that should be the coins primary usage , for paying ads and other service inside facebook but i think it can also work as a tradable asset or a currency as well outside the fb platform  .
gwdf1

Activity: 680
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 06:36:22 PM

Hello guys,
2. Now on 18th of June Facebook want to reveal the Libra (Globalcoin) project, but the coins will not be in sale? The lunch/sale is planned for the beginning of 2020?
3. Do you know how it will be possible to buy Facebook coins? Will this coin be listed on marketplaces like Bitstamp, Kraken ... or will it be possible just via Facebook apps?
4. Will the price be somehow regulated by Facebook or will it be fully open as other cryptocurrencies?
thanks
Stilicho
1. We thought that the name would be: Globalcoin, but Facebook named it as Libra (Libra project)
2. I think it will be postponed, they have many problems with US regulators.
3. You will buy coin in Calibri app after passing KYC, I do not think it will be listed on classic crypto exchanges.
4. Yes, it will be pegged to USD, Euro and other stable assets.  Smiley

Its name does not matter. I guess Facebook worries about this stable coin future as the American government started speaking about the possibility to freeze the project. Suppose, it will be not done, and Libra (I bet, this name will be the final one), will be released in 2020. It will cost under a dollar, I think, but at the same time, it will not be a penny token.
Crypto.Smiles

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 06:53:13 PM

I am also waiting for Libra, and want to buy it on the exchange. I will patiently wait until the beginning of the year next year 2020, when Libra is listed on the exchange. I hope Libra is available at Binance and KuCoin. Let's wait for the busy coin to be discussed lately.
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 07:16:20 PM

Libra is not Facebook, It is one of the members of the Libra Association. Maybe some misinterpret this but facebook is supporting this project it is still a big crypto event.

haufranco

Activity: 82

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 05:12:52 AM

Seems clear w/ all coins scams none of them
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 05:34:39 AM

So a private company (fb) can see all transactions of other private company's! A company partaking in this system is worth exactly nothing.
To open (fb) bank account you need ID like regular bank who is verifying Mark Zuckerberg's ID on top of the pyramid, his friends... no-one he is god and does not need verifying?
In some countries every bank has its own money like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banknotes_of_Northern_Ireland and pegged to pound.
Equal (most of the time, sometimes higher fee to exchange) to 5 UK pounds.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
yulionoo

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 11:04:27 AM

I think we have to wait until 2020 to be able to answer these questions. because until now there has been no announcement on the exchange where we can buy libra ?. what we know for sure from this libra is a centralized coin which will later be governed by the libra association. Libra Association consists of several large companies such as Mastercard, Visa, Paypal and others. but I heard that the three companies had decided to leave the association.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
sallasvve

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 11:22:33 AM

Can someone explain to me why the US authorities hated Libra so much. What is the reason for the attacks on this coin by the authorities? Do they see the Libra as a competition to their dollar? After all, the dollar has been used around the world for many decades.

masulum
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1592

hmph..

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2019, 11:31:07 AM

Can someone explain to me why the US authorities hated Libra so much. What is the reason for the attacks on this coin by the authorities? Do they see the Libra as a competition to their dollar? After all, the dollar has been used around the world for many decades.

Maybe this article can give you an answer about why US authority rejected Libra. In that article also has a reason why major company who supports Libra before, start to quit from this project.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Perfect35

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 11:54:45 AM

Maybe this article can give you an answer about why US authority rejected Libra. In that article also has a reason why major company who supports Libra before, start to quit from this project.
Thanks masulum, this is a useful article. However, if Facebook fails to provide answers to questions asked by the congress, I envisage that it might forfeit being launched, come 2020. The bridge in their security system, mist especially to the privacy of users is bottleneck to their acceptance.
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 12:21:21 PM

Hello guys,

thanks

Stilicho

Libra is similar to Paypal, it's a stable digital medium of exchange (stablecoin), with KYC & AML compliance, customer support, etc, except its a Blockchain run platfrom.
Right now, Libra is going through the motions of extreme regulatory scrutiny, regaurdless, it's still seems like a neccsessary step foward.
    I personally think that the Libra coin and project are whats needed to bring in a mass global level adoption of crypto-currency. I think the only way for Crypto-currency to truly succeed is to make a compromise with the big institutions, financial sectors, governmental bodies, and the common layperson who may be either a Luddite, impoverished, in a remote location, or just simply ignorant of the concept of Block-chain and Bitcoin.
   Facebook has an undeniable reach around the planet, their influence is up to 1 billion active users. I believe that in order to circumvent the adoption problem among ordinary people like grandma/grandpa, children, etc, you have to reach them through a medium that has a social impact upon them.  Although centralized, Libra seems like a good platform that has plenty of tools that could be utilized to educate people and spark interest and curiosity about other forms of Blockchain technology and crypto-currencies.

Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 12:55:55 PM

Is art imitating life, or life imitating art?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHOAKWzDH-Q

crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 01:21:49 PM

the libra project (facebook) is still a lot of controversy, especially regarding legal regulation. some time ago, some Libra partners dropped out of the project. you should think again about the investment. I do not force you not to buy. but I think, Libra will have a big change. due to the influence of regulations and partners who drop out. So before that, you can read the news about the Libra project.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2019/10/13/visa-mastercard-ebay-and-others-drop-out-facebooks-libra-project/3968804002/
this is a major partner drop out.
nakata121

Activity: 574
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 02:12:51 PM

the libra project (facebook) is still a lot of controversy, especially regarding legal regulation. some time ago, some Libra partners dropped out of the project. you should think again about the investment. I do not force you not to buy. but I think, Libra will have a big change. due to the influence of regulations and partners who drop out. So before that, you can read the news about the Libra project.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2019/10/13/visa-mastercard-ebay-and-others-drop-out-facebooks-libra-project/3968804002/
this is a major partner drop out.

With more and more partners coming out of the Libra project, of course it will be very difficult for Facebook to develop their projects going forward, I think without strong support from various parties, it will certainly make Facebook think again to continue launching the Libra Coin in accordance with what had been planned from the beginning, or even could have fatal consequences that could have been canceled Libra coin project.

██ 1 x B itu . com | BIG 5 | ██
5 LIGA 5 BITCOIN
██ 75 PEMENANG DIGAMBAR BULANAN ██
barabarian1

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 03:04:50 PM

Facebook makes its own cryptocurrency which is named as a Libra coin. This libra is a stable coin because later libra coins will be managed and controlled by the Libra Association. and to save these libra coins Facebook has created a digital wallet called calibra. according to the plan facebook will release this libra in 2020. but lately there have been a lot of bad news about libra ranging from the rejection of several countries in Europe and the American president and out of several large companies that support it. but I am positive thinking Facebook will not give up they will continue the Libra project.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀