Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:13:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Received more cryptocurrencies than I should  (Read 452 times)
Convery (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 06:55:09 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2019, 08:08:08 PM by Convery

I returned all the money since they finally found out the issue. But they want to send more.. because again, they do quick decisions and can´t calculate.

Now I am thinking about telling it to the world, what happened, since they made a lot of mistakes and a bug bounty that should motivate me was 120 USD.

Before I do something, I need your help:
I am legit to tell about that? I am afraid of being prosecuted (I returned the money when they realize that, but not before they asked... concealment is a criminal activity.. but from the day of deposit to return took only 3 days..)
I tried to withdraw the money (crypto) but if I do not that, then I will not have any evidence that I can manage funds that doesn´t belong me.

I think it would be huge news, posted in every crypto portal because the sum of money was around $k200-300

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amicrypto

Activity: 98
Merit: 49

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 08:15:59 AM

Will update if I get back my funds.

So, I received my funds back. The exchange took a 15 USD fee for the recovery of funds, which I think is fair. My holding has already taken a hit of close to 40% because of the massive fall in XLM prices from USD 0.13 to USD 0.08. But it feels good to have my amount back. Thanks a lot to the WazirX team which refunded me the XLM's back.
XarXymtroa

Activity: 153
Merit: 23

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 03:24:22 PM

Hello, I received cryptocurrencies that do not belongs me.

First of all, I send a transaction to an exchange wallet, but it didn´t come, than I wrote on support and it takes around 10 days to solve it. But I received 10 times more than the original amount was. Since I passed KYC on this exchange I do not have many options what can I do, only report that case and return money.? But could I claim some % for kind behavior, or not? What should I do? If I do not report it, it is a criminal activity?

Just asking, I really do not know what is the best thing what I can do now.
Yes you should report the case even if you dont give your KYC.
Its better to be honest with this type of situation because 1) karma and 2) if something were to negatively happen with your account you want to make sure the exchange trusts you.
babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 07:41:19 AM

First of all, I send a transaction to an exchange wallet, but it didn´t come, than I wrote on support and it takes around 10 days to solve it. But I received 10 times more than the original amount was. Since I passed KYC on this exchange I do not have many options what can I do, only report that case and return money.? But could I claim some % for kind behavior, or not? What should I do? If I do not report it, it is a criminal activity?

If that happens to other community for sure majority of them they will keep silent, which is nothing's happen just a normal things.
But of course, once the conscience take action on you you won't be comfortable and don't have peace of mind due to what happens. So, return it  and inform the support team of the exchange, but I am pretty sure they won't give any % for your kind behavior, except for the words would say to you which is " Thank you for the honesty " something like that only nothing else. 
Bitcoin Smith

Activity: 910
Merit: 284

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2019, 02:33:21 PM

If that happens to other community for sure majority of them they will keep silent, which is nothing's happen just a normal things.
But of course, once the conscience take action on you you won't be comfortable and don't have peace of mind due to what happens. So, return it  and inform the support team of the exchange, but I am pretty sure they won't give any % for your kind behavior, except for the words would say to you which is " Thank you for the honesty " something like that only nothing else. 
Seems like OP already said that he returned all the extra money to the corresponding exchange.So nothing here to discuss here anymore but I appreciate the honesty as well.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: