Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:03:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How the Receiver knows that he/she got Bitcoins  (Read 720 times)
venkata (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:34:41 PM

Hi,

I have 2 questions regarding Bitcoin Transactions.

Could someone clarify in detail

1. How the receiver knows that he or she got the Bitcoins

2. What will happen if there are no Minors in the network

Thanks in Advance

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:41:48 PM

Hi,

Thanks in Advance

Put your BTC address/Doge address in here and I'll show you #1.

2) You no get updated blockchain, is your comp blocking the program from accessing the web?
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:21:46 PM

1. All transactions are recorded in the blockchain, a sort of "ledger". My understanding is that when a transaction is made, your client will see it in the blockchain and tell you you have received BTC.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:25:18 PM

1. All transactions are recorded in the blockchain, a sort of "ledger". My understanding is that when a transaction is made, your client will see it in the blockchain and tell you you have received BTC.
That's right. Assuming your client is synced with the bitcoin network. You can also go to http://blockchain.info/ and search by address or transaction ID. A searchable copy of the blockchain can be found there.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
softron

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:11:53 PM

I always use blockchain.info

Colin Miner

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 04:18:24 PM

Hi,

As has been stated, the transaction of the bitcoins is held in the public ledger that is the bitcoin blockchain. You can see this online, or keep a copy on your own computer and the bitcoin-qt client will alert you when a transaction on the blockchain includes one of your bitcoin addresses.

Thanks in Advance

If there are no miners, the blockchain will not get updated with new transactions, so bitcoins can't be spent as the new transaction will not be included on the blockchain (the blockchain is not being updated).

FREE Namecoins (NMC), Devcoins (DVC) and IxCoins (iXC) while you mine Bitcoins (BTC) on the pool, in the cloud or both. Free to join, click here to Sign Up and mine your free coins.
Cheap VPS Hosting here or budget conscious Free cPanel hosting here. Buy BTC the safe and easy way at Localbitcoins.com (US and UK).
 "I'm no longer as confident as I was this morning." - xkeyscore89.  My Addie.cc.
more Free: BTC, LTC, FTC, TIPS, WDC, EAC & IFC
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 04:47:21 PM

1. Click the transaction tab, each transaction has an address associated with it, so if your money has sent it should say 'sent to' and then the address of the person you sent it to, to make it easier if the person involved is accepting lots of transaction at once, you can write in the label field in the 'send' tab and can write whatever you like to make it more distinguishable from the other transactions. A transaction will not be sent immediately as it needs time to be confirmed by the network that the transaction is real, you should see a green tick in the transactions tag if coins have been successfully sent.

2. As far as I know, if there are no miners on the network things will simply stop running because in order for people to transfer money they need miners to confirm the transactions and make sure they're real, I would need to double check that with someone who knows better though.
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 05:31:20 PM

Hi,

Thanks in Advance

Ans1:
You'll get BTC in your acc/ then you'll know that you got bitcoin , other then that you can check it on Blockchain , blockr.io or other similar sites by just entering your btc address in search box.

Ans2:
I'm sure you are talking about Miners not Minors, because no one cares if there is minors involved in bitcoin network or not but we certainly care about Miners Smiley Just to answer that question i'll say " It will never happen. " miners will stay in network even after mining all btc.

GVanelly

Activity: 247
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:46:57 PM

You can easily check it on Blockchain entering your btc address in search box.

MonkeyDOH

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:32:52 PM

venkata the receiver knows it by using the blockchain.info
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: