Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:23:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't blame the idea(ico) blame scammers  (Read 732 times)
betty11
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 03:28:51 PM

Scammers usually take advantage of any striving system to perpetrate their devilish act, and guess what: even though people may know what they are about to invest in could be disastrous, they still go ahead not caring to carry out proper research. If proper researches are been carried out and a community based review of project like we sometimes see scrutiny of projects in this forum, a lot of funds would be save from the hand of scammers.  I occasionally still buy ICO and IEO, but majorly trade coins in exchanges.
malphite534

Activity: 319
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 03:48:24 PM

ICO is just a way of fundraising and its the project fault if its not going to succeed or its turn to scam and blame the project team not the way of fundraising,Because i have a project that offers ico amd this project is legit so i know can help us to make profits and this is the Dencoin tokens.
elitemobb

Activity: 579
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 07:35:16 PM

How strangely you are right there is fraud in any field of activity and, for example, in a cryptocurrency project it may be a good idea, but fraudsters take advantage of this by slamming the idea and then deceiving people.
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 07:53:48 PM

There are really so many factors which make an ICO not successfull. Some are lack of funds because investors are afraid to invest, lack of proper marketing and promotion, many scammers are existing and the market status. What we can do is to continue with whatever we are doing and everything willl be alright. Be patient.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 10:02:48 PM

Nice one.
  I think it can't be killed easily though unless there is a deliberate and drastic moves to kill it.  Whatever kills it will definitely kill cryptocurrencies.
Decentralized ico platforms can be built to tackle most problems of cryptocurrency crowdfunding. Governments laws could even be built in on such platforms as long as the laws do not censor legitimate projects or prevent law abiding people from other nations from participating.
odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 10:05:08 PM

I personally think blaming the idea and the scammers is not the solution to the failure of most ICOs. ICOs were successful in the 2017 and early 2018 but it as gone sour due to a lot of scammers, the best solution is the introduction of regulations to curb these fraudulent activities from happening.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
panapi3200

Activity: 73

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 10:38:15 PM

ICO is just a way of fundraising and its the project fault if its not going to succeed or its turn to scam and blame the project team not the way of fundraising,Because i have a project that offers ico amd this project is legit so i know can help us to make profits and this is the Dencoin tokens.

Some project will offer the platform legitimately but the one whose handling it properly will make it scam in the long run. Most of the 2018 project ico wasn't able to reach a great roadmap, and everything turn out nothing at a glance. More people thought crypto has no future, but definitely not because there's some projects might have successful tracks even if there's lot of scammers around us.
Jrfranco

Activity: 786
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 11:20:10 PM

Am making this thread because of the numerous wrong perception  seeing. So people are actually castigating cryptocurrency and initial coin offering idea for loses the made through it rather than really seeing the cause of the problem.

Initial coin offering is one of the great ideas in cryptocurrency and we know that it was efficient in 2017. Through initial coin offering some great coins of today where launched people keep overlooking the good attributes initial coin offering has offered but are busy bringing it down the more and making all hope of initial coin offering being as it once was hopeless.

It's too bad Scammers stated getting involved  in initial coin offering and projects without logic and idea also got involved but this doesn't mean good and real project are not involved or want to get it but the stigma had made developers develop cold feets

PS . let's try finding ways to tackle the cancer(scammers, poor project) of the initial coin offering rather than contributing to killing it

Scammers are always.getting.new ideas to scam the innocent people even in real world, scammers are scamming the.banks and we cannot.prevent this as they are all knowledgeable enough in.many things. Maybe what we can do now is to increase awareness in every coin or project.
Emilyp

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 11:26:12 PM

Crypto is currently riddled will hundreds of ICOs offering nothing new, some of them have no interest in the project. Their major aim is take a share of the crypto money. ICO is no longer useful in crypto.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 04:39:45 AM

Of the majority of ICOs that are now ready to spend, there are some that are really fraudulent, and of course we cannot prevent it or withdraw it from the market, unfortunately ICO ranking sites can now be easily manipulated by all of them, but the ICO trend is currently in bad conditions, most people think ICO is just a fraud and now follow the IEO trend with all the great trust and exchange being one of the good and reliable project benchmarks.
MonsterV
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 04:55:39 AM

The IEO is a new innovation from the ICO because there have been many scammers in the ICO, indeed this is not entirely ICO wrong. But this is a lack of ICO that is used by scammers and therefore the IEO appears as a solution to this problem, if this problem is not a solution, investors may be reluctant to invest in cryto and the market will continue bearish.

If someone says that there will be no scammers in the IEO, maybe they don't know. Surely one day scammers will find their way to exploiting the shortcomings of the IEO as well as the ICO.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Ezio_Auditore

Activity: 487
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 06:14:01 AM

We need a tool to control this. So as not to leave the scammers any loopholes. But it should not be a state. It should be an independent body that would keep all this under control and without his permission nothing could be done. Some kind of insurance company

▰▰▰▰  TRONBOMB  ▰▰▰▰
▰▰▰▰    PLAY AND EARN DIVIDENDS    ▰▰▰▰
 Dice Roll    Lucky Wheel     To The Moon 
kingpin4321

Activity: 280
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 06:36:18 AM

The issue is not finding who to blame but rather facing the truth. Cryptocurrency would crumble if any project can just have access into the system all in the name of initial coin offering. I don't mean to bitch about this but it would do more harm than good if it continues smoothly
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 06:54:24 AM

The IEO is a new innovation from the ICO because there have been many scammers in the ICO, indeed this is not entirely ICO wrong. But this is a lack of ICO that is used by scammers and therefore the IEO appears as a solution to this problem, if this problem is not a solution, investors may be reluctant to invest in cryto and the market will continue bearish.

If someone says that there will be no scammers in the IEO, maybe they don't know. Surely one day scammers will find their way to exploiting the shortcomings of the IEO as well as the ICO.

I am agree with you. People change their investment to IEOs because its guarantee by exchangers. Indeed, that we should make research first on IEOs because small exchangers doing IEOs too and i think better to invest on IEO held by exchangers with good reputation

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
graffix

Activity: 195

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 06:55:09 AM

Actually, ICO was very popular past days, I can remember many projects raise their funds. But after the scam projects and poor project investors lost their funds. That must be the main reason to IEOs became much popular these days. If there is a way to avoid scam project ICOs can be rise again. But no one likes to lose their funds. In that case, many people prefer IEO than ICOs. Undecided Undecided But there are still good ICO projects out there. we have to choose them wisely.

graffix

Activity: 195

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 07:09:48 AM

The sin of Pedro, never been blamed to Juan. I agree with you OP! ICO will never been destroyed if those scammers and runners are banned in crypto space. Many people were totally fright to lose another capital because of these scammers. ICO is fund raising system wherein investors and developers meet their one goal. It should be backed its trust again to the people.

I totally agree with you. If scammers got banned ICOs will be a success. But I dunno how it can be done. If it is either crypto space has to get regulated or people to be wiser while choosing projects. On one likes to regulate crypto space. So people must be much wiser than before. But with the IEO I think there is less chance for the ICOs.

GabbieBoy12

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 07:45:22 AM

Exactly. Blaming the ICO won't help. But regards to this, ICO must do something to clear their name out from many scammers that sorrounds. As the market was rising, scammers are also their catching innocent people to steal their investment. So to avoid being scammed, choose a project that gives a real definition of profit amd makes you grow. This is tje dencoin tokens it was a really good project so try participating in with them now.
naruto7676

Activity: 318

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 09:27:13 AM

The one who blames ico are those no knowledge about cryptocurrency and that is the reality because the ico is only a fund raising and the project will be the one who use it so blame the projects that offers shitcoins and do ico.and if you dont want to blame anyone bw wise and invest only in good projects like Dencoin tokens.
Iykecollins
Copper Member

Activity: 376

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 10:43:28 AM

It was a blessing until everything about it turned, a situation where more than 90% of the ICO's failed either due to the bear market or project was an outright scam. It is difficult to see any ICO raise a huge fund unlike before, the lack of regulation equally caused its wane, IEO's are now a better alternative as the exchanges provide a better confidence and trust

Wale777

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 10:46:14 AM

All of this blame game could have been put to rest if there is a standby regulatory commission for Crypto at large, there is a lot of fraud going on because there is no centralized regulations which have even make some legit project to not have enough support because everybody is watching his/her back in order not to be victim of scam ICO.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: