Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:03:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook coin is a global threat to BCH? - Do you agree?  (Read 241 times)
cheezcarls (OP)

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 07:19:58 AM

Hello everyone!

I just came across this article: https://www.newsbtc.com/2019/06/11/facebooks-global-coin-is-a-threat-to-bitcoin-cash-bch-down-3-7/

I don't know guys if you agree with this or not. I mean that FB's global coin hasn't launched yet in the market, but I was kinda curious about their claim of being a legitimate threat of Bitcoin Cash due to the number of users and their broad base.

It claims that they will be disrupting public chains such as BCH. I've met with BCH founder Roger Ver twice in Philippines and Hongkong. And possibly I would meet him again this month with my colleagues in the Philippines again, and I might let him comment about his thoughts about Facebook coin being a legit threat.

What do you guys think about Facebook coin being a legit threat to Bitcoin Cash? I would love to hear your thoughts about this no matter if its positive or negative.

Thanks in advance!

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
florac9

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 07:48:50 AM

Your post is not enough to even make me think the Facebook coin is a threat to any altcoins in crypto space ,its still all speculation for now and just because Facebook is on of the highest social media doesn't state the fact that it will beat top altcoins ,the adoption rate will be high no doubt about that but its not the first coin with high adoption rate

☀️☀️☀️☀️  ISKRA (CCOH)- Crypto coin of hope | An innovative method for supporting children around the world  ☀️☀️☀️☀️
https://iskra-coin.io
wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 08:03:13 AM

Although facebook's coin will be the opposite of what cryptocurrency is meant to be (decentralized), we cannot deny the fact that this coin has a strong hype behind it because of the brand.
Regarding the threat to BCH, I think it's debatable because Facebook is the largest social media platform thus this coin will be greatly anticipated and adopted as time passes.
This is a real threat not just to BCH but to many online payment methods too. Anyways, I hope Facebook's coin will eventually bring more people to join the crypto field.
etherixdevs

Activity: 203
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 08:05:38 AM

Although facebook's coin will be the opposite of what cryptocurrency is meant to be (decentralized), we cannot deny the fact that this coin has a strong hype behind it because of the brand.
Regarding the threat to BCH, I think it's debatable because Facebook is the largest social media platform thus this coin will be greatly anticipated and adopted as time passes.
This is a real threat not just to BCH but to many online payment methods too. Anyways, I hope Facebook's coin will eventually bring more people to join the crypto field.

The most interesting fact, is that Facebook, will attract more people in the cypto field. So if new users will buy Facebook coin, they will know definitley also other major coins and blockchain bringing advantages to the world sector.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 08:09:07 AM

no, it is wrong because the only thing facebook coin and BCH have in common is their centralization otherwise facebook coin is going to a stable coin run by a well known company while BCH is a shitcoin that thrives of pump and dumps so as long as BCH is getting pumped and dumped it will remain the same as it has always been and when it stops being pump-able it simply dies just like hundreds of other similar altcoins which went the same direction. meanwhile facebookcoin will remain alive even though it can become useless in a year or two because of it centralization and lack of privacy and intense censorship.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 08:17:06 AM

No, I don't think facebook coin will be a threat to any crypto, why?
because facebook coin will be used only internally for facebook related platform like facebook, live, messenger, facebook games, whatsap etc.
So it will not be a direct threar to any other cryptos

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 08:31:35 AM

LOL, I have to say that this article is completely ridiculous, there are coins that offer a much better alternative for cash than BCH does.
Marketcap isn't everything you know, barely anyone is actually using BCH. If BCH was indeed what Bitcoin couldn't be, a replacement for cash, then BCH would have much more activity than Bitcoin, which clearly isn't the case.

The author if this article tries to prove his point by showing technical indicators which supposedly support his claims, yet his fundamentals are complete wrong.

iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 08:48:20 AM

No, I don't think facebook coin will be a threat to any crypto, why?
because facebook coin will be used only internally for facebook related platform like facebook, live, messenger, facebook games, whatsap etc.
So it will not be a direct threar to any other cryptos
In the initial use it does not look like a threat, but when we see this in a long period of time, it is very likely that global coin will have a far wider existence so that global coin might be used on a much wider platform. Facebook is a big name that can give a tremendous impact in building a real Global Coin image.
Moore234
Copper Member

Activity: 547
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 08:53:34 AM

I don't know much about Facebook coin. This article can't be 100% true. Though the crypto space is big for everyone i don't see how facebion is going to be a big threat to BCH.
Khuongcute2503

Activity: 256
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 09:01:08 AM

I think FB only launched StableCoin. And it will not pose any threat to altcoin. All are just rumors to create ads for FB coins.
kurcalas

Activity: 378
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 10:10:14 AM

Come on... Everyone keep talking about Facebook coin. There is no Facebook coin here. If they release it, then we can talk about it!
Msworld83
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 0

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 11:13:37 AM

I dont know why someone will ever think of Facebook coin and bch are rival when they are not same coin forked from bitcoin and are jit having any related issue or target consumer cos Facebook coin is even not here yet for almost a year now we have been hearing the news and till now nothing has happen but we can't even compatlre the two but all alts and will do their separate thing in the market and every one will see what market take of them .
dobolspeed3

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 11:20:27 AM

Come on... Everyone keep talking about Facebook coin. There is no Facebook coin here. If they release it, then we can talk about it!
Yeah, you are right. There is no threat to any altcoin before it will prove it. It is true that many people talk about Facebook coins and in the near future it will happen. So we wait for the facebokk coins to exist first and then we talk about the threat to other altcoins.
livingfree

Activity: 2828
Merit: 578

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 11:28:23 AM

I actually dont care with this comparison since it has been mentioned that these two are centralized. But it is obvious that they are putting fb coin into hype to make investors FOMO when it has launched.

You know the sentiment of the people here about BCH because majority doesnt really like that coin.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
mendra_2009

Activity: 429

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 11:30:39 AM

For me talking about something that has not been circulated or launched (Facebook global coin) will only waste time in vain. I think Global coins, will not be a threat to Cash Bitcoin. I was waiting for the launch, but I did not need to compare it with the others. What's the problem? If it does prove to be a threat, leave it alone.

zulfi125

Activity: 1382
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 12:19:13 PM

As you know crypto huge adopting by financial institutions and also attract by Facebook that's why issuing Facebook coin,after launch may be little affect on BCH.

Erickan

Activity: 266
Merit: 18

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 12:43:09 PM

The Facebook coin is a stable coin, if it says it directly affects any current project, it must be Ripple. Facebook coin is created with the aim of creating an effective payment tool for their existing ecosystem. so it will be a stable coin, if it says it will affect the BCH it is absurd.
CryptoIyke
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 01:55:05 PM

No doubt this will have the attention it deserves due to the hype that goes with it but a lot of enthusiasts are not happy it is coming at this time, especially after Facebook had banned the advert of cryptos on their platform. It may still be one of those regular coins and may likely not top marketcap earlier and go down eventually.

meldrio1

Activity: 1358

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 02:06:58 PM

I don't think that this facebook coin threat to BCH or even any altcoins, well we don't yet in the future, facebook coin is not yet launch. I think facebook coin is a normal crypto to me, the market will not affect if this coin is launch.

blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 02:14:01 PM

How could we determine if the upcoming creation of facebook stablecoin is a treat to BCH if there's no idea of the functionality and purpose of facebook coin. Let's wait until the release of the whitepaper.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: