Bitcoin Forum
October 20, 2024, 10:20:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Rise of Virtual Currency(Bitcoin and Ripple)  (Read 718 times)
Tradefast (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:47:24 PM

Virtual currencies offer users convenience and the freedom to carry out the electronic transfer of funds from anywhere in the world using a personal computer or smartphone.
Bitcoin is  the most popular currency of the world, was created in 2009 by an individual operating under the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto. Bitcoin is an open source crypto-currency. Bitcoin operates as a decentralised peer-to-peer cash transfer system that can be traded online or exchanged for goods and services with various smaller vendors.
Ripple is a similar peer-to-peer system which, unlike Bitcoin, is not tied to a single online currency. Ripple allows users to send and receive money in dollars, euros, yen or bitcoins in exchange for the system’s currency XRP, or ‘ripples’. However, Ripple, unlike Bitcoin, does not suffer from exorbitantly long transaction times; dealings within the Ripple community take more seconds to be completed. Ripple’s main difference from Bitcoin is that it’s not just a single online currency; its allows you to send and receive money in dollars, euros, yen or, even Bitcoin.  Go through this blog for better understand http://blog.tradefast.me/ripple-xrp-emerging-virtual-currency-giant/
colour

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:37:00 PM

Oh, another thread about Ripple on the first page of Bitcoin Discussion, and it reads very much like the last one. I will quote myself:

I remember when Ripple promoters kept about 4 or 5 Ripple threads on the first page of Bitcoin Discussion at all times, until it became obvious what they were doing. Consequently, all Ripple threads were removed to Service Discussion (I think), and the activity in these threads went to zero rather quickly. I miss those times...

During the Gox crisis all threads about Gox were moved to Service Discussion. That issue had imo far more relevance to Bitcoin and Bitcoiners than the Ripple service does. Obviously the mods are not asleep, otherwise that thread about Dogecoin would not have gotten removed. So why are discussions about Ripple suddenly allowed back in the Bitcoin Discussion subforum?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: