Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:06:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 304th most trusted? WAT? Can anyone explain this for me?  (Read 242 times)
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 10:07:56 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2019, 10:21:11 AM by TECSHARE

So I was looking over my stats as the new trust system changes were implemented, and earlier today I was ranked 16th most trusted. I checked just now and I am ranked 304th most trusted (and dropping). I assume it has to do with the new trust system changes, but the rest of the ranking don't seem wildly effected. Can anyone explain what is going on here?
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16587

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 10:35:32 AM
Merited by TECSHARE (1)

Can anyone explain what is going on here?
BPIP needs to scrape all profiles again to read the new Trust scores, and before that, Vod probably has to implement a fix. Update: It scrapes the new value already.
The ones above you haven't been scraped yet after the changes, they'll drop in Trust score when that happens.

You can click "Refresh" on other profiles, I just tested it on Blazed, his Trust score dropped from 659 to 66 (and his position from #1 to #139).

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 10:43:28 AM

Can anyone explain what is going on here?
BPIP needs to scrape all profiles again to read the new Trust scores, and before that, Vod probably has to implement a fix. Update: It scrapes the new value already.
The ones above you haven't been scraped yet after the changes, they'll drop in Trust score when that happens.

You can click "Refresh" on other profiles, I just tested it on Blazed, his Trust score dropped from 659 to 66 (and his position from #1 to #139).

Thanks for the quick reply. So basically until everyone is re-scraped the list is going to be inaccurate, but will largely return to the previous status once complete?
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16587

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 10:46:43 AM

So basically until everyone is re-scraped the list is going to be inaccurate, but will largely return to the previous status once complete?
I would expect so Smiley

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 11:02:56 AM

So basically until everyone is re-scraped the list is going to be inaccurate, but will largely return to the previous status once complete?
I would expect so Smiley

It seems to me the previous formula for calculating ranking may be broken, or at least less accurate after some further examination. I guess time will tell.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 11:11:51 AM
Merited by TECSHARE (1), LoyceV (1)

I'm not so sure.

Vod's previous ranking was based on trust score, which as you know became stronger over time. Given that that score no longer exists, I assume the new ranking will simply be based on number of unique positives minus number of unique negatives, unless Vod wishes to implement a new formula. This would likely mean many people sharing the same rank, as positive scores are now in the range of 0 to 66 instead of 0 to 660.

I don't know if this will make a big difference for users like yourself who have lots of unique positive ratings and won't share that exact number with many other users.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 11:14:12 AM

I'm not so sure.

Vod's previous ranking was based on trust score, which as you know became stronger over time. Given that that score no longer exists, I assume the new ranking will simply be based on number of unique positives minus number of unique negatives, unless Vod wishes to implement a new formula. This would likely mean many people sharing the same rank, as positive scores are now in the range of 0 to 66 instead of 0 to 660.

I don't know if this will make a big difference for users like yourself who have lots of unique positive ratings and won't share that exact number with many other users.

After further examination this is also my conclusion.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: