Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:14:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining efficiency explained  (Read 423 times)
minethegap (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:00:27 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 01:18:57 PM by minethegap

Hi all,

The more I mine the more I understand that it is an activity that needs loads of tips and knowledge to be fully mastered.

I write this topic because I've noticed something weird since many days on the doge pool where I'm currently mining.

Here is the case:

My hashrate is 2,5x/2,8x faster than an other miner in the pool.
My invalid percentage is 0.42% and his is 1.39%
But he still mines exactly half the shares I mine on each round.
It has been like that practically every round we did.

So with more invalid shares he gets a better efficiency shares/hash. How ? Is there other factors to be considered to improve efficiency ?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Mtg
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trc

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 01:47:35 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 06:35:11 PM by trc

I'd advise not to judge others' performance by the numbers reported by pools unless you know their setups. What you see isn't that other guy's exact hash rate but what's reported by the pool. He might have even more hash rate than what you have actually and he might be wondering the same thinking why he's getting half the shares with more kh/s. Smiley Because pools report hash rate according to shares per a given time period which is also a mixture of luck + rig setup(hardware and software) + connection quality.

>> nope
minethegap (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:51:54 PM

Ok thanks for your answer. The guy seems to be the administrator of the pool. So I guess he is close to the server and have therefore a better ping which increase his shares transfer rate.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: