Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:51:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: @theymos [Suggestion] New Flags Section  (Read 298 times)
TheUltraElite (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 04:58:14 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4), DdmrDdmr (2), redsn0w (2), TheNewAnon135246 (1), 1miau (1), marlboroza (1)

As a member of this forum, seeing the current trust system changes I would like to suggest this to theymos.

A new section under the "Reputation" section/or somewhere else where you deem fit, for new flags that are raised. New flags can be kept in bold like new topics on forum while old topics are kept non-bold along with dates of when it was posted and other relevant details.

This will ensure that every member will be able to review each and every flag that has been raised and take appropriate action. For now we have some threads being made in "Reputation" to cover for the same but I feel it would be helpful to have a separate section for it. Otherwise we have to PM other DT members every now and then just to get them to check a certain flag. This would be like a public judge system and I feel it will be very effective in getting enough votes on each flag from bother support and opposition.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 05:00:40 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 5915

Meh.

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 05:01:06 PM

I can definitely see the need for this. Otherwise current board/s will become flag infested and lose all other usecases, IMO.

CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4152

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 05:18:39 PM

When I saw the topic that was the board I also thought about, frankly speaking I don't think the reputation board is appropriate for the flag system. For a user to be flagged he/she most have scammed or tried scamming other members so the scam accusation board should serve better for this purpose and just like when merit/ban appeal related thread were all over meta board and we all requested for a separate subboard for that purpose but it later reduced, same thing will happen to the flag related threads. Just give it time. Right now it's a hot topic so don't get irritated when you see it everywhere.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
1miau
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 6743

Currently not much available - see my websitelink

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 10:53:29 PM

I can imagine that's a good solution to keep track about ongoing flags and also serve as discussion board if a flag would be appropriate or not. A sub-board for flags could also help to avoid spreading flags all over the forum, if people don't know where to post that and some flags are posted in reputation, some in scam accusations and some in Meta.
Same applies to ban appeals, would also be nice to have a sub-board for that.

Right now it's a hot topic so don't get irritated when you see it everywhere.
If the new flag system will survive the hot discussions.  Wink
It's a bigger thing than the DT changes in January in my opinion.  Cheesy

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
btcsmlcmnr

Activity: 546
Merit: 159

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 11:53:46 PM

I don't think theymos will creat a new section for Flags. However, if such section created, I suggest a child board in Reputation board for Flag topics. From the announcement of theymos: Trust Flags. Trust and Flags originated from old Trust system, then separated into Trust & Flag. They have three use-cases, one for Trust, and the rest two for Flags. Do you agree with my suggestion on a child board for Flag?
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2019, 12:35:39 AM

This will ensure that every member will be able to review each and every flag that has been raised and take appropriate action [...]
Otherwise we have to PM other DT members every now and then just to get them to check a certain flag
I like this suggestion very much, especially for the quoted part and also because "preventive" flags (Due to various concrete red flags, I believe that anyone dealing with this user has a high risk of losing money.) can be too obvious to create a new thread on Scam Accusations.
Up until now I left negative trust to those users using their own thread as reference and that was enough. Since that can't be done anymore (because those threads are almost always locked or self-moderated) then more threads with obvious reasons will have to be created. A sub-section would help in that sense.

I'd like to see a "Flags" sub-section under Scam Accusations with different icons depending on what kind of flag that is and whether it has more support or opposition.

rhomelmabini

Activity: 2002
Merit: 578

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 12:57:42 AM

And to create a flag will there be a specific board it will be posted?

This is what I asked on the Trust Flag thread of theymos too because I feel there will be a wave of threads will pop up here in Meta, Reputation or maybe Scam Accusation. I guess it will be uniform to see if we have a specific board to post flags or create a child board on Reputation board or along here in Meta.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: