Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:08:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I Bought 150+ GPUs for Ethereum mining. Think I'm Insane?  (Read 2648 times)
Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 10:06:16 AM

some facts.

you can expect around 30,5mh/s x 6 gpus from every rig (that makes around 183mh/s). You can expect something around 135W for every card. so around 22kW of power considering all the gpus + components.

Your ETH hashing power should be around 4800mh/s. If your Electricity cost is around  0,10 you make 511$ right now (that's not even considering ROI, bill taxes, or government taxes over profit. 0,11cnt/kW you make 352$ right now. 0.12cnt/kW you make 194$. and at 0,13cnt/kW you make 36$.

Now, the average price in my country for every kW is around 0,15€/kW (we pay 26% taxes over electricity prices due to leftists "idea" with green energy). Which is around 0,17$ (including all taxes). Talking in numbers, a guy living in my country with your setup, will be losing almost 600$ per month at current prices.

I can add some information, that can help you to collect some more facts.
The average price in my country - less about  $0.06/kW.
In the first post TS shows Mh and power consumption - totally it 6454/21910. And $0.1 per kW.
Less profit - much miners turns rigs off - difficulty down - more profit.
More ETH at low cost and low difficulty - HODL - more profit.

Give some more facts please.

you seem to be like one of those poor guys outthere that would kill for 10$. Sorry, i don't want to deal with people like that. It makes no sense. Ohh, BTW, at 0,06$/kWh you live in a third world country, so i undestand your way of thinking. You make more mining than working, so 10$ for you can be way more money than working. It makes sense. For 10$ profit per month, i don't even take the cotton sheets from the equipment.

Oh, BTW, at lowest prices on ETH (80$ more or less), it never went down of 134.000Gh/s. Even if we have seen a drop in value of over 35% in last month, the hashrate went from about 145.000gh/s to actual 172.000gh/s. In last two days, with masive drops of nearly 25%, it increased from 162.000gh/s to 176.000gh/s even with bloodbath in the streets.

So people turned on their equipments even at heavy loses, which show how "intelligent" are miners nowadays.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xazax310 (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 24

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 04:21:00 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2019, 05:48:26 PM by Xazax310

some facts.

you can expect around 30,5mh/s x 6 gpus from every rig (that makes around 183mh/s). You can expect something around 135W for every card. so around 22kW of power considering all the gpus + components.

Your ETH hashing power should be around 4800mh/s. If your Electricity cost is around  0,10 you make 511$ right now (that's not even considering ROI, bill taxes, or government taxes over profit. 0,11cnt/kW you make 352$ right now. 0.12cnt/kW you make 194$. and at 0,13cnt/kW you make 36$.

Now, the average price in my country for every kW is around 0,15€/kW (we pay 26% taxes over electricity prices due to leftists "idea" with green energy). Which is around 0,17$ (including all taxes). Talking in numbers, a guy living in my country with your setup, will be losing almost 600$ per month at current prices.

In the first post TS shows Mh and power consumption - totally it 6454/21910. And $0.1 per kW.

you seem to be like one of those poor guys outthere that would kill for 10$. Sorry, i don't want to deal with people like that. It makes no sense. Ohh, BTW, at 0,06$/kWh you live in a third world country, so i undestand your way of thinking. You make more mining than working, so 10$ for you can be way more money than working. It makes sense. For 10$ profit per month, i don't even take the cotton sheets from the equipment.

Oh, BTW, at lowest prices on ETH (80$ more or less), it never went down of 134.000Gh/s. Even if we have seen a drop in value of over 35% in last month, the hashrate went from about 145.000gh/s to actual 172.000gh/s. In last two days, with masive drops of nearly 25%, it increased from 162.000gh/s to 176.000gh/s even with bloodbath in the streets.

So people turned on their equipments even at heavy loses, which show how "intelligent" are miners nowadays.

That's because the difficulty is a lagging indicator. When the price first started jumping to $250-300 difficulty actually DROPPED. However, as the price increased and stabilized for a couple of weeks difficulty increased. I suspect if this price drop continues or stabilizes around $160-200 we'll see about 2.0T difficulty, but it takes time for the farms to react.    

Further updates
I've been busy trying to stabilize my rigs, 90% of my problems involve riser issues and cards "falling off the bus" the rest is just the typical overclock/undervolt issues and finding the right settings. I have to praise SRB BIOs mod. It literally saved me as 'one-click' PBE was awful for these Hynix cards. Resulting in tons of crashing and BSODs. Once I tried SRB it increased my hashrate for Hynix and Elpida to 30mh/s per card at 1950-2000mhz@860-875mv(core/mem) which is about 120w~ a card. Total hashrate for my rigs is around 385-393mh/s for 13 GPUs @ 1650w~ total power per rig.

I've been mining since 2017 and one thing I learned is to HODL the coins you earn as much as possible and never ever sell during down-periods. Right now while my rigs "aren't as profitable" due to the down-turn. In one month time that can literally change as markets pick back up. I cover my electric as much as possible with my normal IT job and sell coins to cover the rest.

As of the time of this writing, since I started this thread and my farm back-up mining ethereum in Ernst I have collectively mined 9.5 Ethereum. Mind you I was slowly getting rigs online and lots of crashes so this hasn't been 24/7 mining. This is one-man operation as well and I have a normal 9-5 job, girlfriend, and life. I spend as much time as possible working on my farm as a second job. My goal is to achieve 90% stability by End of July with everything fully stable and running by August. Right now I'm at 65% with 11/14 rigs running continually but with a few crashes/restarts due to GPU crashes in claymore.

Currently using a mixture of Windows 10 OS and HiveOS. HiveOS to spot out and detect bad risers and Windows OS for testing Voltage and clockspeeds. I'm thinking once everything is stable at clocks/voltages for the GPUs. I will BIOs flash them to that specific clock and run everything in HiveOS. However I'm not 100% on that since it costs me $3 per rig per month in HiveOS while i have already paid/own Awesomeminer for 20 rigs and there is no monthly reoccurring fee.
Piskeante

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 06:11:37 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

some facts.

That's because the difficulty is a lagging indicator. When the price first started jumping to $250-300 difficulty actually DROPPED. However, as the price increased and stabilized for a couple of weeks difficulty increased. I suspect if this price drop continues or stabilizes around $160-200 we'll see about 2.0T difficulty, but it takes time for the farms to react.    

Further updates
I've been busy trying to stabilize my rigs, 90% of my problems involve riser issues and cards "falling off the bus" the rest is just the typical overclock/undervolt issues and finding the right settings. I have to praise SRB BIOs mod. It literally saved me as 'one-click' PBE was awful for these Hynix cards. Resulting in tons of crashing and BSODs. Once I tried SRB it increased my hashrate for Hynix and Elpida to 30mh/s per card at 1950-2000mhz@860-875mv(core/mem) which is about 120w~ a card. Total hashrate for my rigs is around 385-393mh/s for 13 GPUs @ 1650w~ total power per rig.

I've been mining since 2017 and one thing I learned is to HODL the coins you earn as much as possible and never ever sell during down-periods. Right now while my rigs "aren't as profitable" due to the down-turn. In one month time that can literally change as markets pick back up. I cover my electric as much as possible with my normal IT job and sell coins to cover the rest.

As of the time of this writing, since I started this thread and my farm back-up mining ethereum in Ernst I have collectively mined 9.5 Ethereum. Mind you I was slowly getting rigs online and lots of crashes so this hasn't been 24/7 mining. This is one-man operation as well and I have a normal 9-5 job, girlfriend, and life. I spend as much time as possible working on my farm as a second job. My estimation is to achieve 90% stability by End of July. Right now I'm at 65% with 11/14 rigs running continually but with a few crashes/restarts due to GPU crashes in claymore.

mmm....big farms react almost instantly. changing their algo can be done almost automatically with their software. There are people outthere that can switch coins with one click. Moreover, they can also tell the computer to switch to certain algos during certain times. They load profiles directly on the miner (not bios) and as soon as they load the miner, the program gets the card working.

I myself was able to switch from ETH to ETC miles away from my house when i was mining back in 2017.

Now..... i don't normally help people with issues, but i´ll give a few tips in case they can help.

the sweet spot for RX 470-570 (mines were 570's ) is:  1150 mhz on the core, 2100 mem. AFAIK 470 and 570 are almost the same card, but 570 is a bit better, to be honest.

My experience is that you should not undervolt the memory. My Sapphire RX570 nitro+ cards did crash a lot if i undervolted the memory, so i left them at 1000mv stock. 850mv on the memory...well...maybe it's ok for 2000mhz, but take into account that RX 570's nitro+ at 1750 stock mem clock had 1000mv stock.

Now, the voltage.

i have 3 RX 570's nitro+ 8gb

1º 1150/2250 831-837mv core/ 1000mv mem 31.4mh/s
2º 1150/2190 831-837mv core/ 1000mv mem 30,8mh/s
3º 1150/2125 831-837mv core/ 1000mv mem 30,3mh/s

They were stable for months at this settings. I tested for two days all of my cards before going into the mining rig. i programmed the bios in all of them and i tweaked as much as possible the voltages except for memory. ETH is a pretty intensive algo with the memory, and i prefered to forget about having problems with undervolting. I suppose your undervolt saves you some money.

my 2x6 mining rig are off. and they will continue to be off for a large period of time. I will only turn them on if i can get 100$ profit per month or more after electricity bill, which i think will not happen this year.  At current prices , and the very expensive cost per kW i would be losing around 15 $ for month with bills of around 350€ or a bit more in summer due to fans having to work hard in my room to deal with heat, specially where i live.

So....yeah...mining is not worth for me.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
WhyMe

Activity: 661
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 07:36:40 PM

Now, the voltage.

They were stable for months at this settings. I tested for two days all of my cards before going into the mining rig. i programmed the bios in all of them and i tweaked as much as possible the voltages except for memory. ETH is a pretty intensive algo with the memory, and i prefered to forget about having problems with undervolting. I suppose your undervolt saves you some money.

my 2x6 mining rig are off. and they will continue to be off for a large period of time. I will only turn them on if i can get 100$ profit per month or more after electricity bill, which i think will not happen this year.  At current prices , and the very expensive cost per kW i would be losing around 15 $ for month with bills of around 350€ or a bit more in summer due to fans having to work hard in my room to deal with heat, specially where i live.

Are you sure applying different voltages have an effect ? What about power at wall ?
In my case, applying differents voltages between core and mem had no effect, the higher voltage was always applied on both. Confirmed with power at wall.
Not retested recently, i'm always applying same voltage on core and mem.
mak013

Activity: 2352
Merit: 751

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 11:01:55 AM

mmm....big farms react almost instantly. changing their algo can be done almost automatically with their software. There are people outthere that can switch coins with one click. Moreover, they can also tell the computer to switch to certain algos during certain times. They load profiles directly on the miner (not bios) and as soon as they load the miner, the program gets the card working.

I myself was able to switch from ETH to ETC miles away from my house when i was mining back in 2017.

Now..... i don't normally help people with issues, but i´ll give a few tips in case they can help.

the sweet spot for RX 470-570 (mines were 570's ) is:  1150 mhz on the core, 2100 mem. AFAIK 470 and 570 are almost the same card, but 570 is a bit better, to be honest.

My experience is that you should not undervolt the memory. My Sapphire RX570 nitro+ cards did crash a lot if i undervolted the memory, so i left them at 1000mv stock. 850mv on the memory...well...maybe it's ok for 2000mhz, but take into account that RX 570's nitro+ at 1750 stock mem clock had 1000mv stock.

Now, the voltage.

Oh rich man from rich country with 12 GPUs counting about $100 profit. With such tips i can understand why rigs are off for years. Your room-mining opinion is very important. But only for 2-5 rigs.
Big miners have several more problems then "expensive cost per kW" but they can decide it.
If you want to try to understand how it is possible - you can read this thread from right-country man
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.0

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
hell_slayer

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2019, 01:42:59 PM

You picked up all these GPUs at a sweet prices, I think this is a great deal . RX470 4GBs for $53 it is generally a good investment, as they will pay off in six months or earlier. I think those who sold you these cards will regret it in a few months.
Xazax310 (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 03:12:11 PM

The problem with running them at the stock voltage for the memory is power savings. Sure your cards are stable and can clock high without problems, but not all cards are the same. You could be saving 100-200w per rig and still have the same hashrate just by downclocking memory to 900mv - 950mv, some down to 860mv. That's my philosophy, the one that cannot do it will spit out errors. Well then just up the voltage higher or downclock memory. Power is mining's biggest expense/cost. More you save power the more you save money!
esparpiri

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 03:32:19 PM

some facts.

And you seem to be like one of those discriminating people that would kill for no money just for fun or ignorance. Sorry, i dont want to deal with people like that either. You live in a "FIRST" world country, so i understand you little peace of s... thinking. You make money, but your mentality its poorer than any of those "third world country" people.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 03:37:20 PM

The problem with running them at the stock voltage for the memory is power savings. Sure your cards are stable and can clock high without problems, but not all cards are the same. You could be saving 100-200w per rig and still have the same hashrate just by downclocking memory to 900mv - 950mv, some down to 860mv. That's my philosophy, the one that cannot do it will spit out errors. Well then just up the voltage higher or downclock memory. Power is mining's biggest expense/cost. More you save power the more you save money!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?ac

You cannot make mistakes when mining is not worth the time, anybody that has no ability to work around and make their miners efficient then they will not survive in times like this, by downvolting they increase their chances to stay in the game for few months more hoping profit will increase if that profit never comes then they will exit it. Times for mistake was when a gpu card like the gtx 1070 was giving 10 usd per day, now is barely giving $0.20 per day after power costs.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 03:49:08 PM

Seems insane to me to start up mining with POS just around the corner. I sold my rigs a few months ago and that was long past when I probably should have. In fact, though I made a nice amount for the investment and it was fun to do, I probably would have been better off putting the cash I used for making the miners into just straight up purchasing eth and btc.
Lunga Chung

Activity: 277
Merit: 23

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 06:06:45 PM

Further updates

Interesting regarding SRBBioseditor i found that his straps for hynix a way tighter and more unstable the PBE (elpida is more the same). But with his straps xfx 570 4gb hynix i can barely go over 1980 and get like 29,9 (and seriously unstable) on PBE i can get to 2015 w/o errors and reach 30,4mhs
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 724

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 07:21:31 PM

You picked up all these GPUs at a sweet prices, I think this is a great deal . RX470 4GBs for $53 it is generally a good investment, as they will pay off in six months or earlier. I think those who sold you these cards will regret it in a few months.
For sure they would realize that they had done the biggest mistake and $53 for a 470? Its a sweet deal.150+ GPU's for eth mining with current difficulty+ energy cost would result out to non-profitability or longer ROI but paying off on what you had invested is always be reachable.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 07:27:45 PM

The person who sold all these 150 gpus was relieved from heavy sleepiness duty ehhe

He sold and took a long vacation and never looked back. This person was finally unchained.

You trolls will never understand what freedom really is until you do exactly what this person has done ehhe

This person enjoy and understands what freedom really is ehhe

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
mak013

Activity: 2352
Merit: 751

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 05:37:36 AM

The person who sold all these 150 gpus was relieved from heavy sleepiness duty ehhe

He sold and took a long vacation and never looked back. This person was finally unchained.

You trolls will never understand what freedom really is until you do exactly what this person has done ehhe

I dont sure that it was in such a way. Probably he changes GPUs. It explains why TS telling us about GPUs but not about rigs. Or may be these GPUs were bought from different sellers(and the price is just average).
In any way it is nice deal. Even if TS would decide to sell it - he can get profit.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
swogerino
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1233

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 07:45:05 AM

I dont sure that it was in such a way. Probably he changes GPUs. It explains why TS telling us about GPUs but not about rigs. Or may be these GPUs were bought from different sellers(and the price is just average).
In any way it is nice deal. Even if TS would decide to sell it - he can get profit.

He maybe changed the cards to the new Radeon Vega or even Rx5700 with Gddr6 memory now that the Dag epoch is at number 272.He was also smart selling them because Eth will not be mined anymore with these cards from April 2020 where the dag will be bigger than 4GB.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Piskeante

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 08:49:37 AM

i don't think a guy that has sold RX 470 for 53$ is willing to invest in more gpu mining. Almost sure he forgot about it.

it's not profitable at all. you can make 0,2€ per day per card at the cost of big electricity bills and high room temps in summer. You could argue it's good on winter to heat up the house, but not in summer at current prices.

But is incredible for me, is to continually see the ETH network hashrate and difficulty increase.

Either three things:

Or people are mining at loses because they consider that in the future they can get profit if the coin bumps (mine to hold)

Or people have very very low price per kW because they live in third world countries where electricity is so cheap that the profit, even small, is important (example: Venezuela)

Or people are using ASIC (which the fuc*ing devs don't want to crash in the ETH network) and are mining 480mh/s at 850W which are numbers that GPU miners cannot even dream of.

So no, if you sell, you just give up. And it's the smartest thing to do nowadays.

rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1303

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2019, 01:00:53 PM

i don't think a guy that has sold RX 470 for 53$ is willing to invest in more gpu mining. Almost sure he forgot about it.

it's not profitable at all. you can make 0,2€ per day per card at the cost of big electricity bills and high room temps in summer. You could argue it's good on winter to heat up the house, but not in summer at current prices.

But is incredible for me, is to continually see the ETH network hashrate and difficulty increase.

Either three things:

Or people are mining at loses because they consider that in the future they can get profit if the coin bumps (mine to hold)

Or people have very very low price per kW because they live in third world countries where electricity is so cheap that the profit, even small, is important (example: Venezuela)

Or people are using ASIC (which the fuc*ing devs don't want to crash in the ETH network) and are mining 480mh/s at 850W which are numbers that GPU miners cannot even dream of.

So no, if you sell, you just give up. And it's the smartest thing to do nowadays.

It's the summ of all three together  Grin
Some people mining at a loss, some have very, very cheap electricity, and there are some hidden asics with a company (everyone know which one)

You have to consider people with a large amount of GPUs and Asics, with 0.05 USD electricity, it's very profitable if the guy or company have 1000 GPUs for example

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 05:52:01 AM

The funny thing is that this is how I felt when I ran a large GPU farm. I still mine but with a few GPUs here and there and mostly for fun. Basically only betting on ETHBTC going to 0.05BTC one day and will sell it all for BTC and Hodl that.

I remember the stress of having GPUs crash and I had alerts set and was awoken many hours of the night. And when I wasn't home I kept getting alerts about crashed rigs and had to drive home, reboot the rig, and drive back. This got very stressful during the $5/day/GPU when there was alot of profit on the line.

Now that the profitability is much lower you can sleep throughout the night and not worry, because a crashed rig doesn't cost you as much as before.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 12:59:34 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

@OP

At 53$ a card, that was clearly dirt cheap. I'm not sure I would have pulled the trigger, but you seem like you played the trading card well.

I always enjoy looking at other people's farms and rigs.

However if I'm honest, I do kinda see the end of GPU mining coming relatively soon, it no longer makes that much sense to me. Profits are small if not negative...especially with global warming, no one can ignore the fact that running huge farms is just bad for everyone at this point.

That said, I still mine to this day, most of my gear was purchased in 2016/2017. I personally still run about 40 of those sapphire cards (mix of 470/570s) at home in a dedicated room, but strictly on solar power. I developed my own script that monitors what my solar inverted is putting out and turns rigs on and off depending on how many kW I produce. It's been working super well for the past 9 months. I make about 4-5$ a day with 0 electricity costs related to mining.

Good luck with your operation.

Xazax310 (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 05:50:01 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2019, 06:02:11 PM by Xazax310

some facts.

Further updates

As of the time of this writing, since I started this thread and my farm back-up mining ethereum in Ernst I have collectively mined 9.5 Ethereum. Mind you I was slowly getting rigs online and lots of crashes so this hasn't been 24/7 mining. This is one-man operation as well and I have a normal 9-5 job, girlfriend, and life. I spend as much time as possible working on my farm as a second job. My estimation is to achieve 90% stability by End of July. Right now I'm at 65% with 11/14 rigs running continually but with a few crashes/restarts due to GPU crashes in claymore.

Now, the voltage.

I tested the wattage for 1000mv memory and your insane for 13 GPUs that about 2000w! I'm achieving 390mh/s~ @ 1650w-1700w~ and just a little tuning for the GPUs. That 300w extra per rig and I have 11 RX470 rigs so thats an extra 3300w! I'd rather suffer some crashes or restarts tuning and finding stable wattage then that.

The funny thing is that this is how I felt when I ran a large GPU farm. I still mine but with a few GPUs here and there and mostly for fun. Basically only betting on ETHBTC going to 0.05BTC one day and will sell it all for BTC and Hodl that.

I remember the stress of having GPUs crash and I had alerts set and was awoken many hours of the night. And when I wasn't home I kept getting alerts about crashed rigs and had to drive home, reboot the rig, and drive back. This got very stressful during the $5/day/GPU when there was alot of profit on the line.

Now that the profitability is much lower you can sleep throughout the night and not worry, because a crashed rig doesn't cost you as much as before.

Luckily I don't have to drive anywhere since it's in my garage simply a walk. However I do still get a little stressed or annoyed because when they do go offline I don't know why, which is the big problem. I very much just want to achieve some stability but right now I haven't gone a full day without at-least one rig going completely offline :\.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: